Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lobster feast, where?

Monger D. Luffy

Hello my dears BMs

I would like to ask for recommendations. My trip mates asked me to take them to eat lobster and seafood. My first thought was go to Leng Kee restaurant but may be i should try one of the restaurants in Walking Street.

So do you know any special place with any special lobster recipe or something? Thanks in advance.

:Dance1:

1 hour ago, Jous said:

Hello my dears BMs

I would like to ask for recommendations. My trip mates asked me to take them to eat lobster and seafood. My first thought was go to Leng Kee restaurant but may be i should try one of the restaurants in Walking Street.

So do you know any special place with any special lobster recipe or something? Thanks in advance.

Try Lobster Pot on Walking Street...pretty sure they have lobster there and just tell them how you would like it cooked.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/things-to-do/places/2603608

now don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall that the best seafood place in pattaya at a reasonable price is this place. Mostly locals go there. For Lobsters? I can't remember but it's not something I would order anyway as I'm not a fan. However worth a trip. Someone else must have been there? 

King Seafood restaurant on Walking Street gets lots of positive reviews. Haven't been there myself.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

King Seafood is good but I like Nang Nual a bit further up. It was there back in the 80's when I first came to Pattaya and it has great ambience. Be aware that the lobsters here are not the cold water lobsters with big claws that you may be used to.

I haven't been for a while ,  but King Seafood on Walking St used to have rock lobster that I found to be sweeter than 

the larger lobster.

If you have the opportunity,  request a table at the far end that is over the water.

And after the meal,  try the "Thairish" coffee....

Enjoy

What's your budget?  What type of settings are you looking for?  

You can eat lobster on the cheap in the Nakula seafood markets or eat high end in Hilton or Walking Street. Help us help you.

the restaurant at the end of naklua road is good....over the water.....always packed so you can be sure they are serving mostly fresh stuff.

Mr. 99, beach road between pattaya klang and soi 7.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

20 minutes ago, bakufoz said:

Mr. 99, beach road between pattaya klang and Soi 7.

It is okay but frozen not fresh

4 hours ago, Autoroam said:

the restaurant at the end of naklua road is good....over the water.....always packed so you can be sure they are serving mostly fresh stuff.

This restaurant is called "Mom Aroi",  very good seafood indeed.

I have been told there is another with the same name in Jomtien....

"Lobster" in Pattaya often means rock lobster, which isnt really the same thing at all. Everywhere does rock lobster and it is very cheap to buy.

rock-lobster.jpg

For real lobster you are likely to get so-called "Phuket lobster" or "painted lobster" which is this:

phuket-lobster-on-white-background-260nw

If I wanted to eat real lobster here I would get on a bus to Bangkok and go to one of the hotel buffets there that does it.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

"Lobster" in Pattaya often means rock lobster, which isnt really the same thing at all. Everywhere does rock lobster and it is very cheap to buy.

rock-lobster.jpg

For real lobster you are likely to get so-called "Phuket lobster" or "painted lobster" which is this:

phuket-lobster-on-white-background-260nw

If I wanted to eat real lobster here I would get on a bus to Bangkok and go to one of the hotel buffets there that does it.

I am pretty sure I had real lobster in Walking Street a few times it was huge 4 of us shared it

17 minutes ago, robert said:

I am pretty sure I had real lobster in Walking Street a few times it was huge 4 of us shared it

They certainly do have the painted lobsters there, but prices are high. Bangkok seems much better value to me.

Surprised that one lobster could feed more than one person though. How much was it and what did it weigh?

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

Surprised that one lobster could feed more than one person though. How much was it and what did it weigh?

Four newbie farangs on Walking Street eating lobster?  Probably ate fake crab meat at 5 times the actual cost.

slipper lobster is what we call what is described here as rock lobster.  sweeter and best eaten freshly cooked from a live tank

the green local lobster is not as tender the older it gets so recommend the ones less than a kilo in weight also live

If in the Jomtien area give "Suttangrak" a try, it's nice seafood restaurant that won't break the bank.  Fresh seafood onsite in tanks. It's on the north end of Jomeien Beach Road,it's worth the trip if you want a sunset seafood meal on the beach. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d3176958-r392372662-Suttangrak-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

They certainly do have the painted lobsters there, but prices are high. Bangkok seems much better value to me.

Both times a last night treat over $100 and over 6 lbs, they cut it up and we sat in the back by the water 

9 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

Four newbie farangs on Walking Street eating lobster?  Probably ate fake crab meat at 5 times the actual cost.

Don't think so they took it live out of the tank and weighed it in front of us, they served it cut up in the shell was the biggest lobster I have seen forgot how many kilos and it was delisicous

If price is not an issue try The Mytt hotel seafood buffet . 3000 Baht for all you can eat , I think there is a limit on the lobster to 2 per person and fresh oysters . Wine included and its decent stuff .

The oysters and lobsters are not the local warm water varieties but flown in from Britany France . Simply the best after my local Cornish seafood . I usually fit in one visit a trip .

If price is not an issue try The Mytt hotel seafood buffet . 3000 Baht for all you can eat , I think there is a limit on the lobster to 2 per person and fresh oysters . Wine included and its decent stuff .
 The oysters and lobsters are not the local warm water varieties but flown in from Britany France . Simply the best after my local Cornish seafood . I usually fit in one visit a trip .

Cheers, might give it a bash, says unlimited lobster... half at a time. Wonder what the discount is if you add them on Line? Or check in on FB
51ec41671300e17f0d3832ced917cc12.jpg

5 minutes ago, Memurtle said:

Cheers, might give it a bash, says unlimited lobster... half at a time. Wonder what the discount is if you add them on Line? Or check in on FB
51ec41671300e17f0d3832ced917cc12.jpg

6 years ago the Marriott had an unlimited lobster tails and steak to order buffet for 1,800 drinks not included

On 04/01/2019 at 23:05, Kahoy said:

King Seafood is good but I like Nang Nual a bit further up. It was there back in the 80's when I first came to Pattaya and it has great ambience. Be aware that the lobsters here are not the cold water lobsters with big claws that you may be used to.

Just had a peek on google maps.  There's over 200 pics there.  Will have to try next trip...

8 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Just had a peek on google maps.  There's over 200 pics there.  Will have to try next trip...

Yep, among all the recomendations Nang Nual is the one who caught my eye. I’ll try to do a review in February.

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:29, Jous said:

Hello my dears BMs

Mytt is decent and is daily...Saturdays at the Royal Cliff hotel I think is better and has more options...also cheaper....WS all all WAY overpriced IMO

Archived