Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Server upgrade (again)

LaaMok

3 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Indeed, but the thing that takes the time (and again, not having looked at the code, not sure why they've written it the way they have) is all the reindexing it does so closing the site would be for days if not weeks, not the hour or so I am used to with other scripts

Yes and that's why that's better to test it first localy on your PC (without the need to close the forum).

If the process is slow, that's much easier to investigate just in front of your own PC.

Are you migrating the images from a database to files ? That may take one hour maximum on your local PC but on a mutualized (shared) server, it may take a lot of time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The message for pictures are not working is gone but the pictures are still not working.

Is it possible you would give us an update on the progress please :25:

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 05:56, newbee09 said:

The message for pictures are not working is gone but the pictures are still not working.

Is it possible you would give us an update on the progress please :25:

It still pops up for me, so I'm assuming its still not working and the files (photos) are still be transferred. 

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

The pictures are still being moved to amazon cloud, we are at 52% today, I expect a few more weeks max, but as that goes up you will notice less and less pictures missing.

@LaaMok Bryan thank you for the update it would be really nice if one of you guys would be able to give an update once in a while.

it helps at least in my world to know app. how far along we are.

The hard work you guys put into this is highly appreciated by me.

On 06/05/2019 at 20:56, newbee09 said:

Did you close it by any chance? It's not persistent, just to let you know then you can ditch it.

7 minutes ago, newbee09 said:

it helps at least in my world to know app. how far along we are.

On 60% now; looking like around 10% per day so I expect the image move to be done and dusted by Monday morning latest ... I'm more optimistic than Bryan :D

On 05/05/2019 at 21:12, Spellforce said:

Are you migrating the images from a database to files ? That may take one hour maximum on your local PC but on a mutualized (shared) server, it may take a lot of time.

That's what's got me ... perplexed ... with this software. It "looks" like the files are in a directory but for some reason the software screws with the file names to index them (mouse over an image and have a look at the file path). Bear in mind I have no access to the backend so it's all moot anyway.

@Ru4Real thank you.

I did not close it and sometimes it pops up and stays other times it disapears and other times it doesnt show at all.

Very strange.

10% a day sounds great lets cross our fingers

18 hours ago, newbee09 said:

I did not close it and sometimes it pops up and stays other times it disapears and other times it doesnt show at all.

That was interesting, seen a couple of other posts from people saying they couldn't see it either. So, have changed the way it's displayed so should be seen by all now ... and permanent until we manually remove it.

It is not always possible to test locally given the size and nature of these forums.  Given I used to be the tech guy behind a very "similar" forum for pattaya I know it can be a challenge.  All good things in due time.

Good work as always, the move to amazon cloud for image storage should be more scalable - however depending on image size and views I would have thought could have been more costly, but it has been a while since I looked at any amazon cloud services so YMMV.

Formerly w3bmast3r (2003 - 2006), and TechSupport (2006 - 2017)

@Ru4Real the alert is still up but it looks like pictures are back or a we still migrating?

[mention=9790]Ru4Real[/mention] the alert is still up but it looks like pictures are back or a we still migrating?
Damn close to finished 99%

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

sun14.jpg

Just got in from work and it's at 99.47% ... what's the chances that last 0.53% makes a mockery of my estimation 555

Only 2 hrs 45 minutes before it's the 14th here!

Luckily I didn't stipulate the time zone :D

Transfer complete ... with 53 minutes to spare :D

Like the Freudian slip in the new notice.

image.png

Is it a common term in the States (end of play = end of the work day)? What's that saying ... two nations separated by a common language

19 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Is it a common term in the States (end of play = end of the work day)? What's that saying ... two nations separated by a common language

No it's not."End of play" would mean something like the time purchased by your coins inputted into a video game has expired or entertainment purchased similarly (ie music in a bar, etc) has been consumed. 

IT people supporting mission critical systems/applications don't have an end of work day anyway. :wacko:

But the money is (or should be) good. They retire when possible and go to places like Pattaya. :wink:

On 08/05/2019 at 01:23, LaaMok said:

The pictures are still being moved to amazon cloud

Wow..your hoster must have _really_ been screwing you over on storage costs to go that route.

As a storage guy..id like to hear more about how you got there, and what you saved.

IYKYK

21 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

In the US we would use end of day (EOD). Really thought it was a Freudian slip as that is the first time I've heard the term "end of play". Still learning something new everyday.

I think this is broken too. The photo that I think is referenced there can be found in a few posts further up and shows fine. The broken refers to an attachment and I guess the migration got rid of attachments.

On 15/05/2019 at 15:04, CyberPro said:

No it's not

On 15/05/2019 at 16:41, forcebwithu said:

In the US we would use end of day (EOD).

Well colour (<--- note the spelling! 555) me surprised. If asked about the origin of "end of play" I would have guessed the USA.

Curious now so googled it, looks like it came from Cricket so likely the poms. Makes sense now I think about it, "end of play" to me is anytime up to midnight.

https://www.bellenglish.com/news/end-play-phrase-week

2 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Well colour (<--- note the spelling! 555) me surprised. If asked about the origin of "end of play" I would have guessed the USA.

Curious now so googled it, looks like it came from Cricket so likely the poms. Makes sense now I think about it, "end of play" to me is anytime up to midnight.

https://www.bellenglish.com/news/end-play-phrase-week

What we'd call  'stumps'   I was up the pub till "stumps"

Archived