ChiFlyer

New Years in Phu Wiang and Kohn Kaen

ChiFlyer

I will add to this in bits and pieces as I get the pics ready. I took the GF up to the Kohn Kaen area to spend New Years with her family. I was a little apprehensive about making the trip as I felt that I would be an outsider. It turned out to be a great time and I was glad we did this.

Upon arrival at the family place a feast was put on the table. The fish had been caught hours before and were still flopping just before being cooked. They were prepared in perfect Thai spices.

IMG_2106.thumb.JPG.c81607c79231e4e5fefa983cef088d35.JPG

IMG_2105.thumb.JPG.f89f791949a6ebe7dcbdcde333afac3e.JPG

more to come.

Luv2Phuket

Look forward to seeing and reading more about your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiFlyer

New Year's Eve was more of the same, with the addition of a pig roast. A good time was had by all.

IMG_2111.thumb.JPG.6d739dff46177dbe508120a3974bd8a3.JPG

ChiFlyer

On New Year's Day we drove back to Khon Kaen. Found a great little hotel called Pan wan lee for 650 a night. The Wifi streamed at an amazing rate. I pulled down a GB plus file in under 4 minutes and that included a slow start up. Read the next sentence carefully please.

The hotel is NOT guest friendly.

However, if you are checking in with a GF, no problem.

It was actually chilly in Khon Kaen. It go down into the 60s at night.

We went out for lunch with some friends at a place called Sun Ka Ri over by the big lake. Really good food, but I did not see any English menus, nor did I ask, as I usually let the GF order the Thai food. Anyway here are a few pics.

IMG_2122.thumb.JPG.5141129e5de507b37d98907fb20ec217.JPG

IMG_2121.thumb.JPG.55ad18715cd4f8a8f0daa7fea8788f6d.JPG

IMG_2120.thumb.JPG.2a440bb33dcf40d3b73fb35972f8bfe0.JPG

IMG_2119.thumb.JPG.9fba7d1991a8889f809d88dc232d1bce.JPG

ChiFlyer

After having gone through the airport a few times and spent one day there, I am hardly an expert on Khon Kaen. I can say I really liked the feel of the place. Much more laid back and quieter than Jomtien. It has me thinking a bit if maybe KK with it's quieter atmosphere and somewhat cooler weather is a location I should consider.

It lacks the Ocean Beach and the Farang restaurants are certainly not at the same level, but it also lacks the racket and increasingly insane traffic. As the GF has family there, we will probably be making a few more trips.

On our last night we had a cookout at her brother's place in a quiet little subdivision. Very nice area. I hear houses go for about 4M and up in this area. Yes, I am aware of the house rules for farangs.

Here is a pic of the cookout.

IMG_2118.thumb.JPG.fb5fb2f1b144b8a013ab073d5da2c792.JPG

Terryofcrete

Heading there soon , and Udon Thani. I know I can get " looked after" in Udon , but I'm concerned about the availability in KK .. and guest Friendly hotels . I assume you didn't get to check such matter as you were with your GF, and not there too long. Would anyone care to comment on the situation, ladywise,up there. Thanks for the report . 

ChiFlyer
11 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

Heading there soon , and Udon Thani. I know I can get " looked after" in Udon , but I'm concerned about the availability in KK .. and guest friendly hotels . I assume you didn't get to check such matter as you were with your GF, and not there too long. Would anyone care to comment on the situation, ladywise,up there. Thanks for the report . 

I noticed another thread (I think in this section) with the KK info you are asking about. A search on Khon Kaen would pop it up for you I think. If that does not work, let me know and I will try and find it. As I recall a few guys recommended a certain guest friendly hotel that was near an area where you could find some company. The hotel started with a K I think.

Do be advised that Khon Kean is certainly more "proper" than Pattaya. You say the wrong thing to a "good" girl and you might get a pop in the head. :)

Terryofcrete
4 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I noticed another thread (I think in this section) with the KK info you are asking about. A search on Khon Kaen would pop it up for you I think. If that does not work, let me know and I will try and find it. As I recall a few guys recommended a certain guest friendly hotel that was near an area where you could find some company. The hotel started with a K I think.

Do be advised that Khon Kean is certainly more "proper" than Pattaya. You say the wrong thing to a "good" girl and you might get a pop in the head. :)

Thank you ! I was maybe a bit lazy there , I'm sorry , it was just when I saw your trip report referencing the not guest friendly hotel that I jumped in. I will search the forum.

Yes, I'm aware of the more than slight difference , that is why I would rather take a lady from a bar or off the " date" sites having established she is P4P rather than " looking for true love " . I do not want to offend any "good girl" with my fantasies and desires ... lol . 

Thanks for the response .

ter

Terryofcrete
4 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I think it's  the Kosa hotel ? I'm digging deeper now and it seems to me that I might be better to just spend a couple of nights there and head to Udon Thai . Sounds more lively and better equipped to satisfy my requirements.. Thank you kindly. 

bgtp
16 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

I think it's  the Kosa Hotel ? I'm digging deeper now and it seems to me that I might be better to just spend a couple of nights there and head to Udon Thai . Sounds more lively and better equipped to satisfy my requirements.. Thank you kindly. 

In the past, I’ve brought ladies back to the Kosa, Khon Kaen, Pullman and Charoen Thani hotels. Some might have had something on the hotel information sheet saying it’s not allowed, but it wasn’t a problem. Haven’t been in over four years, so I can’t comment on the current state of the P4P scene.

Terryofcrete
3 hours ago, bgtp said:

In the past, I’ve brought ladies back to the Kosa, Khon Kaen, Pullman and Charoen Thani hotels. Some might have had something on the hotel information sheet saying it’s not allowed, but it wasn’t a problem. Haven’t been in over four years, so I can’t comment on the current state of the P4P scene.

Thank you for that information. Appreciated!

psychman
On 05/01/2019 at 19:37, bgtp said:

Yes, all three are girl friendly. I got each year to KK to visit one of my best friends (farang). I always stay at the Pullman-it is usually about $50 for outstanding room. The Kosa can be had for about half that. There are four or five beer bars with girls, a soapy in the Kosa and the Charoen thani (not great quality), and dating sites..I love KK.