Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where to find "Smart Mirror" mirror in Thailand

Garzan

I'm looking to buy one, maybe two see-through mirrors, in the 60 cm x 100 cm size range, but I'm so far at a loss where to find any in Thailand, and ideally that will ship to Udon. Ever since I first saw a "Smart Mirror" project, I've wanted to build one. 

I've already got two Samsung 24" monitors I'm not using anymore. I have several Raspberry Pi's, and those are easy to get in Thailand. I know where to get the software for it. The one ~huge~ sticking point is the mirror. Two-way mirrors come in either glass or acrylic, but the acrylic ones are both lighter and transmit light better going back the other way. However, whichever one happens to be available would be the one to use.  

If you're unfamiliar with Smart/Magic Mirrors, here is a YouTube video that explains what:

There's this site that explains the software involved:

https://magicmirror.builders/

And there is this really annoying girl that explains the difference between glass and acrylic mirrors for projects:

Now, if only I had the mirror...

reasonably easy here to get the acrylic sheet and mirror film I would think,  I have also had my rasp pie running this on my tv,  and messed around with the different things you can have on it ,, I got my weather app showing nongprue weather and all my news and calendars set up , but I have not actually gone any further, was going to set up alexa and spotify on it,  I have a 32 in lg flatscreen I could use, but I will have to get back at it someday soon,

there was a shop near me I was going to get the acrylic sheet, and I just thought be easy to get mirror film from a car window tint shop loads of them about,  or I did see it on lazada also, I just overthought the building of it really ,I didn't want a big bulky thing, and getting power to it without running wires down walls etc, so put it on back burner,555

I think in the meantime, I should probably do what you've done and get the software all configured just using the TV. I can get all that done even without a mirror. I've got another Pi ordered that should be delivered next week. The shop in Bangkok is usually good about overnighting stuff, but apparently, they've all gone home for the holidays. :-)

get one on lazada m8, they are brilliant, I order tons of stuff off them and never had a problem and their prices are very good, hard to believe how good they are considering it`s Thailand, I have had stuff next day many times,  yes good idea to toy with the software first ,it can be a pain sometimes, just editing the j,son files can be awkward ,,,,  if you alter anything save your main file , then if you change a section and it works save that file, keep back ups of the config files always so you know which part caused the error,  but it is very clever and great when you get it all woks, and all the hard work is done by others, 555555, good luck,,, but if you have dabbled with rasp pi`s before you will know what to do, lol, I hadn't so was a little tricky,

Archived