IGNORED

British Airways £410

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Current non-stop prices from London Heathrow to Bangkok look very reasonable at the moment.

British Airways at £410, Eva Airways at £468, and Thai Airways at £471 with various agents.

What a pity British Airways don't add the baggage and seat fees to the prices, don't like British Airways

but would travel with them if it included the above fees big pity there extra's.

The baggage and seats fees add over another £100 to there above £410 fare very unfair.

Looks like i will have to wait for the January sales to kick in.

410  one way or return?

Because they all put the fare for going and scroll down for return then add together for the price

One publication (The Economist) reckons air fares will be lower in 2019 due to new mega hubs in China and Turkey. (And rise in subsequent years as airlines start paying carbon offset).

Economist predictions for 2019

Out of interest I had a look at booking a flight from the UK to Qatar in a couple of months time which came out at around £410 - less than I paid for flights in September and October 2018.

6 hours ago, thairak said:

410  one way or return?

Because they all put the fare for going and scroll down for return then add together for the price

This is return fares plus baggage and seat fees.

I nearly booked the BA, flight for June at £ 405  .. Just realized in time that there were extras to pay ..

Very sneaky thing to do i think ... 

7 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Hi Guys

Current non-stop prices from London Heathrow to Bangkok look very reasonable at the moment.

British Airways at £410, Eva Airways at £468, and Thai Airways at £471 with various agents.

What a pity British Airways don't add the baggage and seat fees to the prices, don't like British Airways

but would travel with them if it included the above fees big pity there extra's.

The baggage and seats fees add over another £100 to there above £410 fare very unfair.

Looks like i will have to wait for the January sales to kick in.

At those prices would pay more to fly with EVA , BA service falls off a cliff once you move out of Business 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

41 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

At those prices would pay more to fly with EVA , BA service falls off a cliff once you move out of Business 

BA Business is not great either, EVA or Thai are better and usually cheaper.

Just now, tt2008 said:

BA Business is not great either, EVA or Thai are better and usually cheaper.

Agreed , unless I can use Avios to reduce costs , then I avoid 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Just now, Stillearly said:

Agreed , unless I can use Avios to reduce costs , then I avoid 

+1 although I've found getting Avios flights to BKK from London in Business is not easy unless you are fairly flexible on dates

I must be bucking the trend, flew BA last winter to BKK. Cheap, on time both ways, free flowing booze & food.

Just now, zilly said:

I must be bucking the trend, flew BA last winter to BKK. Cheap, on time both ways, free flowing booze & food.

You clearly got on the wrong flight zilly..surprised they let you fly! :D

2 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

This is return fares plus baggage and seat fees.

thats good , thanks for that.

SO you can fly for £410 with no baggage and no seat LOL.

British Airways are a rip-off joke.

And the 777's they use are very old with shitty in-flight entertainment.

Maybe try Qatar or Emirates or Etihad.

All with 1 short stop in the Middle East, standard very high, and very fair on prices.

I recommend www.traveltrolley.co.uk   - you can shave about 5 to 10% off the Emirates website fare for example.   Been using them for 3 or 4 years and consistently cheaper than alternatives (sometimes considerably) and never had any problems.    Under £450 just now for Jan, Should be able to get under £400 for June/July if you book March/April

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

24 minutes ago, WoWuk said:

SO you can fly for £410 with no baggage and no seat LOL.

British Airways are a rip-off joke.

And the 777's they use are very old with shitty in-flight entertainment.

Maybe try Qatar or Emirates or Etihad.

All with 1 short stop in the Middle East, standard very high, and very fair on prices.

Yes, I'm waiting for either Etihad or Qatar to drop there prices somewhat for my May trip although prefer Qatar but at the moment they are offering flights about £440 not to bad but only on one flight inwards departing Bangkok at 02.35am arriving Heathrow at 12.00pm all the rest of there return flights and there are many but has an addtional  £174 to the fare what a pity.

Just now, Rainsberger said:

Yes, I'm waiting for either Etihad or Qatar to drop there prices somewhat for my May trip although prefer Qatar but at the moment they are offering flights about £440 not to bad but only on one flight inwards departing Bangkok at 02.35am arriving Heathrow at 12.00pm all the rest of there return flights and there are many but has an addtional  £174 to the fare what a pity.

I like that 2:35 am flight because I can spend most of the day beforehand in Pattaya. One thing - I don't know if you've noticed, is that it's on an A340-600 which is I believe one of the oldest planes on Qatar's fleet. I caught that flight in October and due to a technical issue we were delayed leaving BKK for three hours with little or no A/C and in consequence, then delayed in Doha until the next day.

3 hours ago, praf974 said:

I recommend www.traveltrolley.co.uk   - you can shave about 5 to 10% off the Emirates website fare for example.   Been using them for 3 or 4 years and consistently cheaper than alternatives (sometimes considerably) and never had any problems.    Under £450 just now for Jan, Should be able to get under £400 for June/July if you book March/April

Not sure about that as Dubai airport has a major upgrade starting in March 2019. Emirates flights from outside London are switching from daily to every other day, not sure about London flights. In theory flights will be a lot fuller than normal and so prices may not drop so much.

Just now, Farmer1 said:

Not sure about that as Dubai airport has a major upgrade starting in March 2019. Emirates flights from outside London are switching from daily to every other day, not sure about London flights. In theory flights will be a lot fuller than normal and so prices may not drop so much.

oh yes .. April 16th to May 30th, thats going to hurt.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

5 hours ago, bullseye said:

i wouldnt fly with BA if they were £210.

If it were only £210 i certainly would grin & bear the flight because it's non-stop and the flight times are most exceptable to me, although i know it's not going to happen.