Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

British Airways £410


Rainsberger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

Current non-stop prices from London Heathrow to Bangkok look very reasonable at the moment.

British Airways at £410, Eva Airways at £468, and Thai Airways at £471 with various agents.

What a pity British Airways don't add the baggage and seat fees to the prices, don't like British Airways

but would travel with them if it included the above fees big pity there extra's.

The baggage and seats fees add over another £100 to there above £410 fare very unfair.

Looks like i will have to wait for the January sales to kick in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

410  one way or return?

Because they all put the fare for going and scroll down for return then add together for the price

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One publication (The Economist) reckons air fares will be lower in 2019 due to new mega hubs in China and Turkey. (And rise in subsequent years as airlines start paying carbon offset).

Economist predictions for 2019

Out of interest I had a look at booking a flight from the UK to Qatar in a couple of months time which came out at around £410 - less than I paid for flights in September and October 2018.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, thairak said:

410  one way or return?

Because they all put the fare for going and scroll down for return then add together for the price

This is return fares plus baggage and seat fees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I nearly booked the BA, flight for June at £ 405  .. Just realized in time that there were extras to pay ..

  Very sneaky thing to do i think ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Hi Guys

Current non-stop prices from London Heathrow to Bangkok look very reasonable at the moment.

British Airways at £410, Eva Airways at £468, and Thai Airways at £471 with various agents.

What a pity British Airways don't add the baggage and seat fees to the prices, don't like British Airways

but would travel with them if it included the above fees big pity there extra's.

The baggage and seats fees add over another £100 to there above £410 fare very unfair.

Looks like i will have to wait for the January sales to kick in.

At those prices would pay more to fly with EVA , BA service falls off a cliff once you move out of Business 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

At those prices would pay more to fly with EVA , BA service falls off a cliff once you move out of Business 

BA Business is not great either, EVA or Thai are better and usually cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tt2008 said:

BA Business is not great either, EVA or Thai are better and usually cheaper.

Agreed , unless I can use Avios to reduce costs , then I avoid 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stillearly said:

Agreed , unless I can use Avios to reduce costs , then I avoid 

+1 although I've found getting Avios flights to BKK from London in Business is not easy unless you are fairly flexible on dates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must be bucking the trend, flew BA last winter to BKK. Cheap, on time both ways, free flowing booze & food.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zilly said:

I must be bucking the trend, flew BA last winter to BKK. Cheap, on time both ways, free flowing booze & food.

You clearly got on the wrong flight zilly..surprised they let you fly! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

This is return fares plus baggage and seat fees.

thats good , thanks for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SO you can fly for £410 with no baggage and no seat LOL.

British Airways are a rip-off joke.

And the 777's they use are very old with shitty in-flight entertainment.

Maybe try Qatar or Emirates or Etihad.

All with 1 short stop in the Middle East, standard very high, and very fair on prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recommend www.traveltrolley.co.uk   - you can shave about 5 to 10% off the Emirates website fare for example.   Been using them for 3 or 4 years and consistently cheaper than alternatives (sometimes considerably) and never had any problems.    Under £450 just now for Jan, Should be able to get under £400 for June/July if you book March/April

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WoWuk said:

SO you can fly for £410 with no baggage and no seat LOL.

British Airways are a rip-off joke.

And the 777's they use are very old with shitty in-flight entertainment.

Maybe try Qatar or Emirates or Etihad.

All with 1 short stop in the Middle East, standard very high, and very fair on prices.

Yes, I'm waiting for either Etihad or Qatar to drop there prices somewhat for my May trip although prefer Qatar but at the moment they are offering flights about £440 not to bad but only on one flight inwards departing Bangkok at 02.35am arriving Heathrow at 12.00pm all the rest of there return flights and there are many but has an addtional  £174 to the fare what a pity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rainsberger said:

Yes, I'm waiting for either Etihad or Qatar to drop there prices somewhat for my May trip although prefer Qatar but at the moment they are offering flights about £440 not to bad but only on one flight inwards departing Bangkok at 02.35am arriving Heathrow at 12.00pm all the rest of there return flights and there are many but has an addtional  £174 to the fare what a pity.

I like that 2:35 am flight because I can spend most of the day beforehand in Pattaya. One thing - I don't know if you've noticed, is that it's on an A340-600 which is I believe one of the oldest planes on Qatar's fleet. I caught that flight in October and due to a technical issue we were delayed leaving BKK for three hours with little or no A/C and in consequence, then delayed in Doha until the next day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, praf974 said:

I recommend www.traveltrolley.co.uk   - you can shave about 5 to 10% off the Emirates website fare for example.   Been using them for 3 or 4 years and consistently cheaper than alternatives (sometimes considerably) and never had any problems.    Under £450 just now for Jan, Should be able to get under £400 for June/July if you book March/April

Not sure about that as Dubai airport has a major upgrade starting in March 2019. Emirates flights from outside London are switching from daily to every other day, not sure about London flights. In theory flights will be a lot fuller than normal and so prices may not drop so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Farmer1 said:

Not sure about that as Dubai airport has a major upgrade starting in March 2019. Emirates flights from outside London are switching from daily to every other day, not sure about London flights. In theory flights will be a lot fuller than normal and so prices may not drop so much.

oh yes .. April 16th to May 30th, thats going to hurt.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bullseye said:

i wouldnt fly with BA if they were £210.

If it were only £210 i certainly would grin & bear the flight because it's non-stop and the flight times are most exceptable to me, although i know it's not going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.