IGNORED

Shipping a computer Fra. EU to thailand

BKN3

I had to leave my pc because of excess weight, and I need it in Thailand.

I can't buy a new one, I won't come back for many months, and I can't do without it for too long, I need it for take care of my work.

Anyone have experience with international shipment to Thailand from Europe? (Italy)

I saw ups have an express service that so deliver in a matter of days, cost around 150-200 eur...seems almost too good to be true..Any advice here would be appreciated.

It's a 10kg package.

Mostly, I'm concerned with customs.

Do I have to pay something? The pc is not brand new (has 1 month of life but is already unpacked etc), and it will go to a private residential address. Its value is around 3000$.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When I brought mine I dismantled it, left the case behind and just put all the individual parts into a suitcase with some padding to protect the delicate bits. Then on arrival here I just bought a new case from JIB and fitted all the parts (power supply, RAM, processor/motherboard, video card, hard drives, DVD, extra cards) into the new case. If you dont know how to do it yourself someone in Tukcom will do it for a few hundred Baht.

Even if someone does look into your case at customs here they are unlikely to charge you for a few used PC parts.

I checked with UPS and it seems that the process is a bit of a mess, lot of papers but mostly you have to bring it to their centers yourself, which is quite far.

Any advice on which company offers fast shipment taking the parcel directly from home ?

Just ship the hard drive, main board with attached RAM, processor and graphics card, when it's here you can get all the other stuff (case, power supply, etc)

i would just take the hard drive and build a new one in Thailand doesn't  take long to build a computer ,

Archived