IGNORED

Hotel Recommendations - Walking Street

voiceplore

Hello all,

Visiting Patts in April for 2 weeks. Wanted to stay near WS & Soi6 for a week each. Booked August Suites. Now wondering about good accomodations near WS.

- W14 is an option. How good is Grand hotel
- I found a good deal for Unixx Apartments on AirBnB. Any reviews of that place in terms of distance/guest friendliness etc?

Check out Baywalk Residence. Review is on this page.

Have personally not stayed there but it reads very well.

Very close to WS, quiet side street off Beach Rd. Reasonally priced.

13 minutes ago, hotfunguy said:

Check out Baywalk Residence. Review is on this page.

Have personally not stayed there but it reads very well.

Very close to WS, quiet side street off Beach Rd. Reasonally priced.

Thanks. Will check it out. 

I wanted to stay right in the heart of WS even though I know the party goes on well into the night. 

Honey Lodge is where my friends stay. They like it there. 

2 hours ago, Tarl said:

Only problem with that place is there are no safes in the room, cant beat the location though.

6 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Only problem with that place is there are no safes in the room, cant beat the location though.

They might have different type tooms. Mate said his room had one when he stayed there last month. Not stayed there myself I generally stay at Secrets but the rooms there are getting a bit dated and the stairs can be a pain if a bit drunk.

Agree about Secrets. Stayed there the two times I've visited Pattaya. Have almost fallen coming down the stairs a few times. Can be a pain drunk or sober if you're in your late 60s. The location is ideal, less than a block from Walking St and a very short walk to the Baht bus. Wouldn't pay more than $30 a night.

10 hours ago, Tarl said:

They might have different type tooms. Mate said his room had one when he stayed there last month. Not stayed there myself I generally stay at Secrets but the rooms there are getting a bit dated and the stairs can be a pain if a bit drunk.

If here are safes in the room then thats worth knowing, i stayed there years ago and it was a bit run down, they`ve had a refurb in recent years and pics on their website looked good.It would be good to read a detailed up to date review from a BM.Even though its on walking streets doorstep its still fairly quiet, because its set back from the road `round the back`so to speak.Its certainly a good option irrespective.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/12/2018 at 09:08, Tarl said:

Do you have a review of the Honey Lodge?  Looks small, budget and no frills.

Stayed at Grand hotel, won't again.  Very run down.  Breakfast buffet was edible to reasonably good depending on the day.  From 8pm-2am you'll hear a lot of music from the bars, luckily my AC was about 60 decibels and could drown some of it out.

On 28/12/2018 at 03:29, vimto66 said:

There used to be an old dragon working graveyard shifts on reception.

On 28/12/2018 at 22:25, vimto66 said:

If here are safes in the room then thats worth knowing, i stayed there years ago and it was a bit run down, they`ve had a refurb in recent years and pics on their website looked good.It would be good to read a detailed up to date review from a BM.Even though its on walking streets doorstep its still fairly quiet, because its set back from the road `round the back`so to speak.Its certainly a good option irrespective.

Isn't it closing around that time for a refurb?  Heard they need to do a refurb to increase capacity for  customers to in the bar.  

4 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:

Do you have a review of the Honey Lodge?  Looks small, budget and no frills.

Stayed at Grand Hotel, won't again.  Very run down.  Breakfast buffet was edible to reasonably good depending on the day.  From 8pm-2am you'll hear a lot of music from the bars, luckily my AC was about 60 decibels and could drown some of it out.

Not stayed there myself but they stay there every trip and really like it. Maybe worth trying for a few nights and then extend if you like it.

Archived