IGNORED

Avani (Marriott) fitness vs Fitz Club vs Centara Naklua

tps

As far as I know, those are the three higher end spots with nice pools included. 

Ive taken out memberships up to a month long two or three times a year at avani (formerly Marriott). I like they have a break room with free coffee and salads, but a huge part of its value to me was that you could also use their outstanding pool as much as you wanted at any time. 

They have since revoked that, and have severely restricted pool hours for gym members (only before 9am and after 5pm). 

I’d like to find another place with a nice pool and comparable workout facilities.

Anyone been to all three places and can comment on which they think is nicest (or have any other suggestions)?

I went and looked at the Avani and Fitz club a couple of years ago. Both looked nice enough to me but I didnt sign up as just looking around made me feel tired. Avani was the cheapest, especially if you took one of their off-peak packages. I know some people who are members.

I think Fitz has the nicest setting and is also the easiest to get to for anyone who lives in Jomtien like me. Last year they were doing a four-day free trial but that seems to have stopped. Membership of the Fitz club also made you a member of their wine/restaurant club, so you could quickly put back on all the kilos you have lost.

Naklua is too far away.

Do the Hilton, Dusit, Holiday Inn and Amari also have clubs open to outsiders? I think the Dusit does.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked with Dusit - gym members aren’t allowed to use their pool. Emailed Fitz Club and was told gym members can use the pools weekdays, but not weekends. I haven’t found a contact for Centara Naklua, though maybe that’s too inconvenient anyway. And as I said in the OP, Avani allows use before 9 am, and after 5pm. Seems it’s hard to find a membership at the high end resorts that includes pool use. 

Archived