IGNORED

already have 60 day visa, still have to wait at immigration?

thairak

my son is coming over on a 60 day visa from Thai embassy in the UK,

on arrival at swampy does he still have to have the long wait at immigration , or is there another exit for him to use ?

anyone know ?

Same immigration as those entering on 30 day waiver - unless he pays for a fastttrack service.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

ok mate thanks, so what does the  officer have to do ? just look that you are the passport holder I suppose.

Just now, thairak said:

ok mate thanks, so what does the  officer have to do ? just look that you are the passport holder I suppose.

The passport will still be processed and stamped with date of permission to stay.

Tell your son to politely point out the visa to the Officer so he gets the correct date stamp on his passport. It has been known for them not to notice the visa and just give 30 days.  

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Anything an officer will do with anyone entering the country. 

It is always up to the officer to let you in or not,regardless of the visa you hold. 

7 minutes ago, thairak said:

my son is coming over on a 60 day visa from Thai embassy in the UK,

on arrival at swampy does he still have to have the long wait at immigration , or is there another exit for him to use ?

anyone know ?

Waits have been pretty short recently.

My last arrival I came through at 9am which in the past was a nightmare, but this time I just strolled up to an empty counter.

Of course, the immigration officer then decided that his facebook feed was more important.

He will eye your son up and down and if he looks like a criminal will be stamped in with flying colours

On 26/12/2018 at 21:02, thairak said:

your son will have to fill in the visa number on the arrival card  then the officer will see he is arriving with a visa.

image.png.2da71efbba21f9787c888ee7759d1b18.png

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Just now, talung66 said:

your son will have to fill in the visa number on the arrival card  then the officer will see he is arriving with a visa.

image.png.2da71efbba21f9787c888ee7759d1b18.png

Thanks mate,  yes,  I seem to recall that now.

If he gets in line at immigration behind a Chinese tour group... abandon all hope...  Fuckers have no clue how to fill out the immigration card as there are no instructions in Chinese... but they are all standing in line anyway...

Just now, Saddic said:

If he gets in line at immigration behind a Chinese tour group... abandon all hope...  Fuckers have no clue how to fill out the immigration card as there are no instructions in Chinese... but they are all standing in line anyway...

No. They stand around in the way. It isn't a line. Lol

On 26/12/2018 at 16:53, thairak said:

on arrival at swampy does he still have to have the long wait at immigration , //

"the long wait" is not a requirement to enter in Thailand. :wink:

Based on my past experience, I would consider myself very unlucky

if I had to wait more than 5-10 minutes to reach an immigration desk.

Just now, Oukiva said:

Wow! Can I ask what time you fly in? My waits have generally been between 30 to 45 minutes. Generally I fly in around 8:30 morning or night.

Just now, Tarl said:

Wow! Can I ask what time you fly in? //

Usually I fly towards Europe around midnight and come back around 10am.

I already posted (somewhere on this forum) pics of Immigration Hall fully empty with officers waiting for voyagers. :wink:

Just now, Tarl said:

Wow! Can I ask what time you fly in? My waits have generally been between 30 to 45 minutes. Generally I fly in around 8:30 morning or night.

My waits are normally 10 minutes too. I normally fly in 8.30pm. Last time flew in midday

Occasionally I will get a long one. But if I see the immigration queue is long I will go to the other one. Very rarely are both full

12 Pints in Know it all

Just now, Mr Wombat said:

My waits are normally 10 minutes too. I normally fly in 8.30pm. Last time flew in midday

Occasionally I will get a long one. But if I see the immigration queue is long I will go to the other one. Very rarely are both full

Have found both full last few trips. Not so much annoying as just tiring.

Just now, Oukiva said:

Usually I fly towards Europe around midnight and come back around 10am.

I already posted (somewhere on this forum) pics of Immigration Hall fully empty with officers waiting for voyagers. :wink:

I tried last trip to take a pic of the 2 immigration  halls packed solid but both times someone told me no :(

57 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Same same. 

1 hour ago, Tarl said:

I tried last trip to take a pic of the 2 immigration  halls packed solid but both times someone told me no :(

It really is luck of the draw.

The bonus is if you are stuck in line behind a A380 from korea that has beat you to immigration there are plenty of hotties to look at.

12 Pints in Know it all

Just now, Mr Wombat said:

It really is luck of the draw.

The bonus is if you are stuck in line behind a A380 from korea that has beat you to immigration there are plenty of hotties to look at.

Next time in to swampy I'm flying in on the Korean Air flight... <crosses fingers>

Archived