Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

English rose

No More Soi Pothole

Barhop

Any current pics plz???

taylor1975
1 hour ago, Barhop said:

Any current pics plz???

IMG_0952.JPG

Barhop

Oh CURRANTS...

forcebwithu

Pics of the progress from yesterday. No more potholes, but it remains to be seen what kind of resurfacing they'll do. Asked at Growling Swan and Triangle, but nobody knows.

PC260004.jpg

PC260006.jpg

GeordieM

Stay on 3rd road right next to the poon and be able to walk home pissed without tripping over in one of those holes now, brilliant!

MrJ200
Just now, GeordieM said:

Stay on 3rd road right next to the poon and be able to walk home pissed without tripping over in one of those holes now, brilliant!

I trip over when sober, never attempted it whilst drunk 

Taa_Saparot
Just now, GeordieM said:

But will not get ran over by a speeding motorcy.

likeaking

Waiting for the first tour bus. 

Meerkat
On 25/12/2018 at 11:59, Mr Wombat said:

Soi Chaiyapoon. The 8th great mystery of the world.

Everyone says it is privately owned so it never gets fixed properly. But if you were the private owner wouldnt you fix it so the businesses would be busier and you could charge more rent. 

Ah, farang logic.

forcebwithu

For those looking for their daily Poon fix, I'm afraid there's not much to report today other than the trucks are gone. According to one long time Poon inhabitant at Whiskers Bar, they're on holiday and will be back after the 1st.

PC270001.jpg

PC270004.jpg

Scuba+

One advantage of the potholes was you could go down the soi slowly on the motorbike checking out the girls, not sure that's practical now but i shall try

udontony
Just now, Scuba+ said:

One advantage of the potholes was you could go down the soi slowly on the motorbike checking out the girls, not sure that's practical now but i shall try

Get off your bike and walk, that way you can check then out up close and personal, much more fun that way.

Mr Wombat
19 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

555. Thats the exact reason I hate riding down that soi. It is really difficult to check out the girls and avoid the potholes at the same time

wadman
On 24/12/2018 at 19:42, MrJ200 said:

We cannot call it soi pot hole for a couple of months ... any takers for a new name?

Soi Hairy Poon

Harry Brown

Soi Poontang.

jiz
56 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Rubberneckers will get run down from behind on that soi. 

I bet a minivan driver on crack can hit 70 now  

Edited by jiz

Scuba+
Get off your bike and walk, that way you can check then out up close and personal, much more fun that way.
Just tried it and its the same surface as before but no potholes, so still ok for motorbike use. One of the reasons for the motorbike is it stops the LBs accosting you. I mostly do walk though for a closer look

7even
Just now, Scuba+ said:

Just tried it and its the same surface as before but no potholes,

So after the rain season back to normal again. Soi Pothole.

GeordieM

6 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

But will not get ran over by a speeding motorcy.

Never thought about that it’s not going to be the quiet Soi it is now then I suppose 

Scuba+
Yes, might as well keep the name

Pheat
1 hour ago, 7even said:

Last time the road was fixed it lasted about 4/5. months same will happen this time but will probably last 8/9 months until Sep/Oct when the rain/ floods start.

Evil Penevil
Just now, Pheat said:

Last time the road was fixed it lasted about 4/5. months same will happen this time but will probably last 8/9 months until Sep/Oct when the rain/ floods start.

Yes, until the underlying problem with drainage is solved, regrading and resurfacing the street will only be temporary fixes. 

Evil

Ping Pong

Be able to get out of the ThaiGerLIne minibus without getting a wet foot.

Evil Penevil

Until the underlying problem with drainage of heavy rain and flood water is solved, regrading and resurfacing the street will only be temporary fixes.  The drainage problem can't be solved without the investment of billions of baht and considerable disruption of traffic due to construction, so I can't see that happening anytime soon. Pattaya will continue to limp along through cycles of flood damage and temporary fixes.

Evil

udontony
5 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Until the underlying problem with drainage of heavy rain and flood water is solved, regrading and resurfacing the street will only be temporary fixes.  The drainage problem can't be solved without the investment of billions of baht and considerable disruption of traffic due to construction, so I can't see that happening anytime soon. Pattaya will continue to limp along through cycles of flood damage and temporary fixes.

Evil

I am sure you are right with what you say.  The drainage system for Pattaya dates back to when it was a small place and there was big areas of open land to absorb the water when it rained.   Now with more and more construction and concrete everywhere there is no where for the water to go except downhill and into the sea.    The investment to sort this all out in a proper way and avoid run off into the sea would be massive, what they really need is to make water run uphill and then have a treatment plant that could cope which will never happen in my lifetime.