Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

English rose

No More Soi Pothole

Hotlanta

This feels like the tearing down of a monument lol.   It's identity is being taken from us.  I don't know how to feel.  I stayed on Chaiyapoon before and its one of my faves, despite the ever growing ladyboy presence. 

Please keep us updated with progress pictures, this is my line of work so I am curious.   

Edited by Hotlanta

Skent

Well it looks like they’ve got round to fixing the holes.5EACED3C-3CDC-4A33-82FF-9AAE34770D68.thumb.jpeg.b09f2275334422d1763ad1ef4d4ff5fb.jpegA659C841-D2BD-4129-A361-EB5BA420CD46.thumb.jpeg.ab887f1e551fd362769b10465af27203.jpeg

nzwolfgang

No, they’re installing new ones. 

questor

This feels like the tearing down of a monument lol.  

Agree. Feels all wrong somehow. Like visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa only to find it standing perfectly straight.

I used to live in NYC and recall the eerie absence of the WTC Towers after 9/11. I fear this will feel the same.

Farewell, then, to the gaping holes of The Poon.*

*Sorry, that didn't sound quite right.

Scuba+

Like visiting the Leaning Tower of Pisa only to find it standing perfectly straight.

i can understand that, when i went to Angkor Wat they were rebuilding it, which ruins it for me

Saddic

LOL... and expect it to back in it's normal state after the first rain...

keepitfun

Now known as Soi gravel

muldoon

Soi Back-Nine.

Northern
5 hours ago, karandy said:

problem with this idea is that if it is left lower than at buakhow end and also at sai sam end it will just fill up with water like a giant swimming pool ,as there is no adequate drainage in buakhow to get the water away .

it really needs drainage cleaning and sorting  out further down the line  in soi dianna and soi honey to take away this water away,then they MAY possibly stand a chance .

So what you are saying is that your suggestion for a new name is Soi Swimming Pool? After the next heavy rain of course.

moza7

Soi fuckedagainonceitrains 

ocka
2 hours ago, Hotlanta said:

This feels like the tearing down of a monument lol. 

I've got a hole in my pocket.  I'll bring it along to the 'poon next trip.

semi-retired member

Soi the Somme ? :rolleyes:

Or if it rains, which I know is less-likely at the moment, Soi Venice ? :)

But clearly it's great news, for those of us transitting from Swampy to this part of Pattaya, that the new high-speed railway is clearly about to be laid down the Poon ! :P

Edited by semi-retired member

paulashley
On 24 December 2018 at 12:42, MrJ200 said:

We cannot call it soi pot hole for a couple of months ... any takers for a new name?

Soi bodge it 

Whalley
On December 24, 2018 at 04:42, MrJ200 said:

We cannot call it soi pot hole for a couple of months ... any takers for a new name?

Triangle Pier.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jous

Swimming Street.

:Dance1:

Whalley
11 hours ago, lantern said:

The trouble with all the previous efforts I have seen is the original iron drainage grates in the road were never raised, so they were always left at the original level. The consequences were these drainage points got lower as the road got higher. 

If they have taken it down a foot then they must be planning to get back to the original level. That's got to help with drainage. 

The problem is not the height of the drain grate.

During a heavy rain, water is coming onto the Soi through those grates, not draining away as one might otherwise expect.

image.png

udontony
Just now, Whalley said:

The problem is not the height of the drain grate.

During a heavy rain, water is coming onto the Soi through those grates, not draining away as one might otherwise expect.

image.png

Same thing happens on so many other sois in Pattaya.   Many on Buakhao you see water come out of the drain before the road around it is flooded and it is not just water that comes out from the drains! 

striderman

the soi pothole  water drains into the larger drain in soi buakaow. but during/following intense rain buakaow drain is full and the chairypoon water has nowhere to go so the soi floods

Wolley

Soi Dark Side Of The Moon it will never change LOL

ZRHuser

Soi Swimmingpool, that is what I call Soi Chaiyapoon since many years. First because it rhymes (kind of), second because it floods easily.

jiz

I've packed few holes on the Soi before.

Cerby666

The extent of the repairs seems to be governed by where people have parked their crotch rockets.

Parking restrictions prior to commencement of the work might have been a good idea maybe.

Taa_Saparot

Actually, I would hate if they did manage to fix it this time.

A good road surface would just mean another small Soi fucked up by traffic flying through it.

onehunglo
On 24 December 2018 at 19:42, MrJ200 said:

soi shithole

Leedsmick

Day 3.... it’s a slow Christmas when you’re in anticipation of road repair pictures...Ho Ho Ho :Party4: