Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

English rose

No More Soi Pothole

Barhop
3 hours ago, English rose said:

It seems that the Thai habit of encroaching where they shouldn't go has been nipped in the bud, 3 concrete slabs which made the soi very difficult at times for 2 vehicles to pass have been ordered to move them back...whereas these guys used a rotary brill and hammer and chisel, someone turned up today with a kango style concrete breaker, noisier but quicker.

ER

Yeah, spent ALL day yesterday chipping away with cold chisels and today blasted it with a jackhammer.

Second pic, lady from laundry topping up potholes yet again...

1668659750_potholeday2a.thumb.JPG.85ae09d2ea197bd26c03e1fbd5a66830.JPG487083486_potholeday2b.thumb.JPG.f8ffc1f734b4c64eae323a59e4a316ec.JPG

karandy
5 hours ago, English rose said:

It seems that the Thai habit of encroaching where they shouldn't go has been nipped in the bud, 3 concrete slabs which made the soi very difficult at times for 2 vehicles to pass have been ordered to move them back..

ER

oh my goodness -if they start with the encroachment thing  many bars and restaurants on buakhow and diana  in paticular would loose up to 50% of their trading areas ,if they were forced to the letter of the law buakhow could become a 4 lane highway when all the shops and bars were ordered back to their boundaries .

Scuba+
oh my goodness -if they start with the encroachment thing  many bars and restaurants on buakhow and diana  in paticular would loose up to 50% of their trading areas ,if they were forced to the letter of the law buakhow could become a 4 lane highway when all the shops and bars were ordered back to their boundaries .
They pay tea money i hear

karandy
6 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
39 minutes ago, karandy said:

They pay tea money i hear

thats funny ---paying tea money to the coffee shops  etc 555

Scuba+
A Thai owner i talked to ensured he kept away from the pavement, if they encroach on the pavement or road, Pattaya City Hall has leverage for tea money. No idea how wide spread it is

karandy
17 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
28 minutes ago, karandy said:

A Thai owner i talked to ensured he kept away from the pavement, if they encroach on the pavement or road, Pattaya City Hall has leverage for tea money. No idea how wide spread it is

even if its only a few hundred per shop it will soon amount to thousands  and or hundreds of thousands .

and take some one full time collecting it too !

bangna
6 hours ago, English rose said:

It seems that the Thai habit of encroaching where they shouldn't go has been nipped in the bud, 3 concrete slabs which made the soi very difficult at times for 2 vehicles to pass have been ordered to move them back...whereas these guys used a rotary brill and hammer and chisel, someone turned up today with a kango style concrete breaker, noisier but quicker.

ER

Ah, so a soi that is not owned or maintained by the City can still fall foul for encroachment, slightly perverse IMO

karandy

pavement tax -

cheetzie
On 03/07/2019 at 09:45, whitespider said:

Chaiyapoon is, I believe, a privately owned street. Good chance the other is either not or has owners that understand the benefits of asset maintenance.

The 'other one' is Soi Honey. A number of years back there was serious maintenance and the road was dug up properly. They went very deep into the foundations and walking down the soi at the time of re-building it to one of the bars was like performing in a trapeze act; it was not superficially re-surfaced like soi pothole. 

Evil Penevil
30 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

The 'other one' is Soi Honey. A number of years back there was serious maintenance and the road was dug up properly. They went very deep into the foundations and walking down the soi at the time of re-building it to one of the bars was like performing in a trapeze act; it was not superficially re-surfaced like soi pothole. 

That's what has to happen on Soi Chaiyapoon as well.  At some point, the Poon will have to be dug up to put in a proper base and remedy the drainage problems.  Without a real solution, the risk increases that the potholes could become sinkholes, which would not only make the street impassable but also endanger the foundations of the buildings that line the street.

Soi Chaiyapoon is the proverbial disaster waiting to happen.

Evil

Barhop
Posted (edited)

Here's a more entertaining display on the Pothole.  Location - Sweet Hearts - opposite golf thingy.

Namjoi used to work at Tuk Massage until last week when it closed because the rent doubled.  Tuk also currently works at the nearby Sweet Hearts Bar/Massage.

Could not believe the weight of the hoop - it's about 5kg - bloody heavy.  She twirls it around like its nothing!!!

Have had Namjoi visit my room, together with Tuk in the past.  Nice lady.

For the retarded White Knights out there, I asked today if she would like the vid posted and she said yes.

hula 1.mp4

Edited by Barhop
text

Barhop

Bugger it, the vid disappeared during edit.  Will try again...

Explorer8939

Not looking good.

IMG_20190824_173844.jpg

Explorer8939

This is from India, but the same could be done on Soi Chaiyapoon:

94232F1B-39FD-4A5A-A5E5-AAFF4B80FA30.jpeg

Captain Dave
22 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

This is from India, but the same could be done on Soi Chaiyapoon:

94232F1B-39FD-4A5A-A5E5-AAFF4B80FA30.jpeg

Is that the latest Indian safe sex outfit?

udontony

Top end of Poon nearest third road is still relatively good condition as seen by the speed of some of the bikes there but the other end is almost back to where it was before the " improvements ".

Explorer8939
42 minutes ago, udontony said:

Top end of Poon nearest third road is still relatively good condition as seen by the speed of some of the bikes there but the other end is almost back to where it was before the " improvements ".

It is because most of the business is at the Soi Buakhow end of the street.

bangna

Namjoi is one of few ladies that can give a decent massage in that soi, rarely used to work late as she used to look after her grandson

udontony
10 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

It is because most of the business is at the Soi Buakhow end of the street.

From what I see there are no vehicles doing " U " turns on that soi so in theory there is just as much traffic all the way along!

blueye44

Last night

Edited by blueye44

blueye44
3 minutes ago, blueye44 said:

Last night

20190904_205803.jpg

20190904_205752.jpg

bangna

Rough as a badgers arse :)

froddo

Wonderful pics. Anyone who knows the history of Santos St in Angeles knows this is the way to keep the soi

Barhop
49 minutes ago, froddo said:

Wonderful pics. Anyone who knows the history of Santos St in Angeles knows this is the way to keep the soi

Have no idea abut Angeles...but I do know that these potholes slow the MB racers...same thing?