IGNORED

Dynasty Inn Pattaya Soi 13 *WARNING*

Firepole

For any Dynasty Inn Pattaya Soi 13 devotees, such as myself, be advised that as of December 2018 they've installed new mattresses in all the rooms. In the 15 years I've stayed there I've always found them to be quite firm to begin with but, all things considered, I was able to live with it. Now? THE NEW MATTRESSES ARE HARD AS A ROCK!

I just returned from a trip to SEA that included a stay at the Dynasty Inn in early December 2018. Upon walking to my room, after check-in, I noticed new mattresses lined up in the hallways waiting for "installation" as the housekeepers cleaned the rooms. Feeling them while they were still in the hall I judged them to be very hard and asked the manager if they could wait to install mine until my last night there(so as to try it out for one night). I'm glad I did. One of the worst nights of sleep I've ever had. If you're a "side-sleeper" STAY AWAY!  After only one night of sleeping on the new mattress it took me a week of massages in AC to get my back sorted out. If you sleep flat on your back you will still have issues unless you're comfortable sleeping on a sheet of plywood.

While checking out I expressed my concerns to the manager and asked if anyone had complained about them. She said 30% of the guests had already complained. I was surprised she had a number(30%), and told me, but she did. I've known her all 15 years.

As I'd mentioned, I'm a Dynasty Inn devotee and have been for 15 years. At least I WAS. I love(d) the place. Clean, well kept, great long-time staff, good food, perfect location. All STILL true. Now? I can't go back. The mattress is a deal breaker. It's horrible.

A lot of the staff has been there for 10-15+ years and when a few wished me well on my departure and said they looked forward to my return I got a little misty because I knew I couldn't come back. Yes, the mattress was that bad.

Just now, Firepole said:

For any Dynasty Inn Pattaya Soi 13 devotees, such as myself, be advised that as of December 2018 they've installed new mattresses in all the rooms. In the 15 years I've stayed there I've always found them to be quite firm to begin with but, all things considered, I was able to live with it. Now? THE NEW MATTRESSES ARE HARD AS A ROCK!

I just returned from a trip to SEA that included a stay at the Dynasty Inn in early December 2018. Upon walking to my room, after check-in, I noticed new mattresses lined up in the hallways waiting for "installation" as the housekeepers cleaned the rooms. Feeling them while they were still in the hall I judged them to be very hard and asked the manager if they could wait to install mine until my last night there(so as to try it out for one night). I'm glad I did. One of the worst nights of sleep I've ever had. If you're a "side-sleeper" STAY AWAY!  After only one night of sleeping on the new mattress it took me a week of massages in AC to get my back sorted out. If you sleep flat on your back you will still have issues unless you're comfortable sleeping on a sheet of plywood.

While checking out I expressed my concerns to the manager and asked if anyone had complained about them. She said 30% of the guests had already complained. I was surprised she had a number(30%), and told me, but she did. I've known her all 15 years.

As I'd mentioned, I'm a Dynasty Inn devotee and have been for 15 years. At least I WAS. I love(d) the place. Clean, well kept, great long-time staff, good food, perfect location. All STILL true. Now? I can't go back. The mattress is a deal breaker. It's horrible.

A lot of the staff has been there for 10-15+ years and when a few wished me well on my departure and said they looked forward to my return I got a little misty because I knew I couldn't come back. Yes, the mattress was that bad.

The harder, the better.

Did you ever try doggy style on a water mattress?

6 hours ago, Elvira said:

The harder, the better.

Did you ever try doggy style on a water mattress?

Water mattress? I'm not stuck in the 1980's but, you're right. To hell with getting a comfortable sleep and saving yourself from back issues as long as doggy-style is easier. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Firepole said:

Water mattress? I'm not stuck in the 1980's but, you're right. To hell with getting a comfortable sleep and saving yourself from back issues as long as doggy-style is easier. :rolleyes:

Doggy style on any bed ... now that's very 1980s. 555. That's why one should always book a room with a balcony.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

A bit daft the hotel buying all mattresses the same firmness, you'd think, some medium, some soft, some firm, some extra firm then you've got all bases covered, now they're fucked

On your first night their walk down to beach road , get 3 or 4 FLs and pay them 2000 each LT and have a fridge full of sangsom, soda, breezers and Tequila . Then Offer little prizes for who can make you or them come . Have a hidden video so you can get your money back. The mattress will bashed into submission.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

You can buy quilts and mattress topper type things in Big C and I think the DIY places in the top/bottom floors of tuk kom. Don't think they're that expensive. A good investment if your staying for a while.

Many of the hotels have had this problem when they buy firm Thai mattresses. Good hotels that listen to their customers (eg 24/7 on soi Honey), will also in vest in a ‘topper’ which fits on top of the mattress for comfort.

On 25/12/2018 at 13:37, burgher said:

I had a hard mattress in a hotel in AC and the hotel brought up a mattress topper and it was much better

Was it the Queens or Royal Amsterdam(same owner) in AC? I tried a room at the Queens hotel in AC and had them put a topper on the slab of granite they called a mattress. I was glad I still had my other room paid for in a different hotel. The Queens is very nice but, even with a topper, the mattress is too hard.

On 25/12/2018 at 03:22, Autoroam said:

let the mongers do their work....check in after a year...they'll be nice and lumpy

That would only work if there were springs in the mattress. The new mattresses at the Dynasty don't seem to have springs. It's more like a solid base with a very thin layer of batting<sp?> and a piece of fabric on top. I liken it to a pool table with a thin quilt. 

Just now, Firepole said:

Was it the Queens or Royal Amsterdam(same owner) in AC? I tried a room at the Queens Hotel in AC and had them put a topper on the slab of granite they called a mattress. I was glad I still had my other room paid for in a different hotel. The Queens is very nice but, even with a topper, the mattress is too hard.

It was the Walkabout hotel on Walking Street. I have stayed at Queens a few times and don't recall the beds as being too bad.

I used to enjoy falling on the bed and the little bounce when you first reach a hotel on an overdue vacation, the first time in Pattaya, I got a mild concussion doing that. Too many hotels with crazy hard mattress.

• 1 month later...

Lol i remember this when i was staying in chantaburi, thai matress i had see this coming, the next morning i was unable to stand up from this "bed" alone, everything in me was in bad pain, and im only 29. I guess thats how you have to sleep in hell

ต่างภูมิลำเนา แต่ว่าเฮาก็เป็นคนไทย

Jesus you ain’t lived at least they provide a mattress. Get yourself out a bit and stay with a few Thais you’ll soon find out what sleeping on a quilt as a mattress feels like.

‘Joking’a shit bed in any state is a real downer on any stay anywhere.

Stayed here a few times again recently after the new luxury beds arrived....have to confirm they are hard as a rock and you will lose circulation in parts of your body if you don't sleep on your back...which unfortunately I don't

18 hours ago, Brianrich1 said:

Are there any other hotels in the same area to stay at? Looking for the same quality and price. 

I like Maytara and they have a good restaurant...only thing is they went to non refundable reservations...which may work for you but I bounce around a lot.  Same price with a pool and easy access....

• 2 months later...

Sad news to hear....have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 8 years.  Anyone have any experience with AA Pattaya Residence down the road?

• 2 weeks later...

Not good to hear about the hard mattresses here. Liked the fairly central location. Time to find a new spot.

On 24/12/2018 at 13:43, Firepole said:

Given your good relationship with the staff and manager, maybe you should suggest that they invest in some mattress toppers?

No personal experience, but people online suggest that the foam toppers are cheaper in Pattaya than elsewhere, so it shouldn't set them back too much to buy maybe 10 (or even 20) and keep them on hand for use if a customer complains about the mattress.

Either that or ask her if she knows where YOU can buy one upon arrival for use during your stay.

If you really love the hotel and have such a long track record with them, it may be worth the cost to continue to stay there.  Also,  the manager may offer to buy one for your use while there, rather than force you to incur the time and cost of getting it.

I don't know if it will pan out, but it sounds like this property is your "home away from home," so it might be worth a shot.

13 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Given your good relationship with the staff and manager, maybe you should suggest that they invest in some mattress toppers?

No personal experience, but people online suggest that the foam toppers are cheaper in Pattaya than elsewhere, so it shouldn't set them back too much to buy maybe 10 (or even 20) and keep them on hand for use if a customer complains about the mattress.

Either that or ask her if she knows where YOU can buy one upon arrival for use during your stay.

If you really love the hotel and have such a long track record with them, it may be worth the cost to continue to stay there.  Also,  the manager may offer to buy one for your use while there, rather than force you to incur the time and cost of getting it.

I don't know if it will pan out, but it sounds like this property is your "home away from home," so it might be worth a shot.

Good suggestion, the Honey group hotels started installing toppers a few years ago...much better now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2019 at 13:13, Luv2Phuket said:

I have used toppers on mattresses and, IMHO, they wouldn't help much at all considering how hard the mattresses are to begin with. Especially, when it comes to someone of decent(large) size. I would end up just "crushing" the supporting foam and it would end up being 1/8 of an inch of, fully, compressed foam on top of a slab of rock. So, not much difference.

On my next trip, which would be my first since the new mattresses, I plan to stop in to say "Hello" and, talk to the manager, see what the situation is. With the Thai memory I'm sure she'll remember me expressing my concerns on my last visit. Really hate to lose that place.

Archived