IGNORED

Ta Chuap Pratumnak soi 4/5

A regular quality Thai haunt of mine - great food. The seafood omelette, the prawn fried rice, the sweet and sour pork, just delicious. As you can see from the photos, the chef is a pal and former cook for Elton John. And as soon as you taste the food, you understand why.

Ta Chuap (Tar Juab) - just looks like another roadside Thai eatery. But looks can be deceiving. On a side soi towards the Pratumnak end of soi 4, opposite the entrance to the Star Beach Condos.

Chef also does a daily dessert special. The other day, cream caramel for 30฿. Sorry no pic, but good.

To give an idea of prices, pad Thai gung 70฿, khao pad gung 60฿.

Rumour has it that royalty, or at least the staff, send someone to load up a large quantity of takeaway most days.

Open 6 days a week from early morning to late afternoon, closed Sundays.

FB_IMG_1545439305438.jpg

FB_IMG_1545439325287.jpg

FB_IMG_1545439320935.jpg

FB_IMG_1545438807588.jpg

FB_IMG_1545438811698.jpg

FB_IMG_1545438815171.jpg

FB_IMG_1545438818930.jpg

FB_IMG_1545438822589.jpg

FB_IMG_1545438826496.jpg

FB_IMG_1545439054324.jpg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Just now, TWD said:

A regular quality Thai haunt of mine - great food. The seafood omelette, the prawn fried rice, the sweet and sour pork, just delicious. As you can see from the photos, the chef is a pal and former cook for Elton John. And as soon as you taste the food, you understand why.

Ta Chuap (Tar Juab) - just looks like another roadside Thai eatery. But looks can be deceiving. On a side soi towards the Pratumnak end of soi 4, opposite the entrance to the Star Beach Condos. 

Good one - I will try for sure

Bloody hell. I have drove past like 100 times but never noticed the place. Will try next week.

I prefer to "Take away" from here as it can become very crowded,  which is testament to how good  the food is. 

Worth noting that they are not open on Sundays and they close at around 4.o'clock each day

39 minutes ago, Red-Devil said:

I prefer to "Take away" from here as it can become very crowded,  which is testament to how good  the food is. 

Worth noting that they are not open on Sundays and they close at around 4.o'clock each day

True, and on a really hot day they could do with a couple more fans, depending where you're sitting...

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

yeah thanks for the tip but come on "buddy of elton john" and "royalty dining there" all possible but I smell a bit of promotional bs there by the owner?

Long time ago I heard Elton John flew the guy to Europe to cook. 

There is a Royal compound nearby on the shore and wouldn’t be surprised they get takeaway. . 

Edited by jiz

When in town I stay in the area. Often go there for brunch with my "catch of the day". They all like the food at Ta Chuap.

My favourite is the Thai Omelette. TWD had a couple of good pics of it in his earlier post. They also make acceptable back packer coffee.

I have been there many times in the late morning and seen the stack of takeaway containers. When I asked once who they were for I was told they were for staff lunches at the Princess' beach house down the end of Pratamnak Soi 4.

Threads like this make me wish I was back. Will book my ticket next week.

grit.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gimmesum said:

yeah thanks for the tip but come on "buddy of elton john" and "royalty dining there" all possible but I smell a bit of promotional bs there by the owner?

As Grityorteef and Jiz said. There is royalty close by, and the large staff at least has to eat. The photo of Elton John above, one of the service guys pointed it out and told the same story.

The chef owner in question isn't great on self-publicity, but then they're generally busy so he doesn't need it. Or my help.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I finally made it over to Ta Chuap today for lunch. I have been meaning to do this for over a year. The primary reason it took so long is that I am not that much of a lunch person. I did not notice any fotos of Sir Elton.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good and will go again. The GF was less impressed, but is willing to give it a second chance. Their business is doing pretty good from what I saw today. Service was good despite it being the lunch hour and our total check (pics to follow) was under 300.

Side of rice - they give you plenty

1342202378_TaChuap-A.thumb.jpg.d4f762791ec7a281a1e1282a50a74aaa.jpg

Chicken Panang - one of the best versions that I have had in Pattaya

895447607_TaChuap-B.thumb.jpg.1c6dbe21fb05dafee776f205f31a46ab.jpg

Spring Rolls - these were tasty and cost 20 baht total

784329043_TaChuap-C.thumb.jpg.612b3ff318b88b467e23f65bdc2ff1e7.jpg

Pad Thai - the GF did not care for the dish. She felt the noddles were under cooked. I tasted it and thought it was good, partially because the noodles were not cooked to mush level.

1800843290_TaChuap-D.thumb.jpg.85a6668e5c65b2969c59155202ded652.jpg