IGNORED

Pride Condo vs City Garden Pattaya Condo

Yabusaki

Greetings, 

Since I want to live close proximity to Villa Market, Centrall Mall and Bhat Bus transportation site, I've selected Pride or City Garden Condos!  Which Condo would you select and why?  I'm willing to spend up to 27,000 bhat per month.

Thanks.

Hang Loose, mongoose!

I use The Pride , I like the pool there . 20000 to 25000 typical rents can be negotiated if you are staying long time. Love the closeness of everything you need there . Not tried City Garden but have stayed in other of that groups and liked the condos .

23 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Since I want to live close proximity to Villa Market, Centrall Mall and Bhat Bus transportation site, I've selected Pride or City Garden Condos!  Which Condo would you select and why?  I'm willing to spend up to 27,000 bhat per month.

C. None of the above.

I would look at VT6, or Northshore or Centric Sea. Why? Because they have units with a nice view. How much time can you spend in Villa Market every week, compared to the time you might spend enjoying a sea view? All are on the bathbus route also, and all are walking distance to at least one big supermarket or mall. In fact I would say that all are walking distance to Villa also, or at worst a 10B bus ride.

City Garden is about the best and very popular, someone reported on another thread that in The Pride the walls are thin so expect to hear shagging

Personally I prefer City Garden as I think the room layout is slightly better.
That said I have friends who live in both and all are very happy with what they bought / rented.
For your budget you could get a 2 bed condo in either place. 
Nothing wrong with The Urban or The Avenue either, between the other two on Soi 15.

Greetings, 
Thanks.

A friend of mine recently bought a 2 bed condo in City Garden, one of my other friends says its one of the best in there with regard view and furnishings. If you'd like to be put in contact let me know. Its about the price you are looking for and will probably do a deal for longterm. He is planning to rent it out soon. Good guy, won't stiff you for the deposit

On 18/12/2018 at 13:22, Yabusaki said:

Greetings, 

Thanks.

I lived for 5 months at The Pride. I liked it but it's a little noisy on the beach side because of traffic behind Villa Mart. The condos on the eastern side are a bit hot in the mornings because of the sun, they are not well insulated. If you're going to stay at The Pride, pick a high floor on the Villa Mart side. I would pick City Garden and try and get a condo in the rear. Go check the notice boards and avoid the agents. 

Grand Avenue or whatever it's called will open soon but with 800 units it could be a bit noisy and crowded.

2 hours ago, Kahoy said:

I lived for 5 months at The Pride. I liked it but it's a little noisy on the beach side because of traffic behind Villa Mart. The condos on the eastern side are a bit hot in the mornings because of the sun, they are not well insulated. If you're going to stay at The Pride, pick a high floor on the Villa Mart side. I would pick City Garden and try and get a condo in the rear. Go check the notice boards and avoid the agents. 

Grand Avenue or whatever it's called will open soon but with 800 units it could be a bit noisy and crowded.

Kahoy,

Thanjs for the comments!  Recently, I was at Angeles and Martin told me to tell you Hello!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

I haven't stayed at Pride yet, but City Garden doesn't have a self laundry room, if that matters to you.

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

C. None of the above.

I would look at VT6, or Northshore or Centric Sea. Why? Because they have units with a nice view. How much time can you spend in Villa Market every week, compared to the time you might spend enjoying a sea view? All are on the bathbus route also, and all are walking distance to at least one big supermarket or mall. In fact I would say that all are walking distance to Villa also, or at worst a 10B bus ride.

I stayed at Centric Sea and the Base.. high floors for the "view." After looking at the pretty view a couple of times each stay. I never looked again. It wasn't as if the girls were wowed by it either. Also, when you get so high, I find that the cell reception becomes crap.

Greetings, 

I don't really care for the view, I'm just looking for a comfortable, clean and safe place to live for one or two years!

So far my choices are Pride and City Garden Condos!

Thanks for the comments! 

Hang Loose, mongoose!

On 20/12/2018 at 06:21, hioctane said:

I haven't stayed at Pride yet, but City Garden doesn't have a self laundry room, if that matters to you.

But there is a laundry service on site and another just outside the gate.

On 19/12/2018 at 21:18, Kahoy said:

I would pick City Garden and try and get a condo in the rear. Go check the notice boards and avoid the agents. 

I would get one looking inwards towards the pool as they are quieter. The ones facing Soi Buakeow can get noisy, especially if Action Street gets lively.
Alternatively get one overlooking the temple. They are noisy when the temple has an event running but that isn't too often. You can also get a nice sunset view from them.

6 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

But there is a laundry service on site and another just outside the gate.

Forget the onsite laundry, very expensive and takes a week to return. Sometimes they just don't bring it back and I had to hound them. I gave up and now take my laundry to the one on Soi 15 just past Mercure, before The Urban, it's out the back of a bar.

The condo's st the back of City Garden are now subject to noise nuisance due to the daily market music & announcements from roaming pickups.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of renting a condo myself at city garden, I like to spend my days relaxing by the pool in the sun. I am just wondering what sun access do you really get due to the buildings around it? I have noticed some pools in other condo buildings will get hardly any sun due to the height of the surrounding buildings

any information much appreciated

cheers

2 hours ago, makavelli said:

Thinking of renting a condo myself at city garden, I like to spend my days relaxing by the pool in the sun. I am just wondering what sun access do you really get due to the buildings around it?

One of the rear buildings at City Garden has a pool on the roof - no problems with other buildings around it

113341370.thumb.jpg.2161518170722f9af7f1a8efeeeb692a.jpg

230.thumb.jpg.772cc03f8178d3111612bdba5511e06e.jpg

Lower right building, on the roof.

CityGardenAerial.thumb.jpg.f93e5f3bfd1cf63ebc1b2aea7967a466.jpg

Thinking of renting a condo myself at city garden, I like to spend my days relaxing by the pool in the sun. I am just wondering what sun access do you really get due to the buildings around it? I have noticed some pools in other condo buildings will get hardly any sun due to the height of the surrounding buildings

cheers
the pool on the ground is in the shade for most of the day but for me that would be a good thing, remember it will still be hot in the shade 25-34 degrees

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

Another condo been looking at is Northshore on Soi 5 as I know this has a good well kept pool with no buildings spoiling the sun.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
10 hours ago, makavelli said:

cheers

the pool on the ground is in the shade for most of the day but for me that would be a good thing, remember it will still be hot in the shade 25-34 degrees

I stayed there in January last year. The pool was actually cold. Nobody was swimming for more than 5 minutes - even kids. The pool on the roof was fine though, but those pesky russians take all the sun lounges early

edit: also answering an earlier question, you can hear people in the next condo pretty easily. I am pretty sure the noise travels thru the cavities where the electric cables run

12 Pints in Know it all

1 hour ago, makavelli said:

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

Another condo been looking at is Northshore on Soi 5 as I know this has a good well kept pool with no buildings spoiling the sun.

Cheers

Expect to pay more baht.

On 20/12/2018 at 06:24, hioctane said:

I stayed at Centric Sea and The Base.. high floors for the "view." After looking at the pretty view a couple of times each stay. I never looked again. It wasn't as if the girls were wowed by it either. Also, when you get so high, I find that the cell reception becomes crap.

i live at The Base 26th Floor with great seaview. Every Girl who ever came to my condo first thing they went to the balcony and admired the view making lots of pictures

12 hours ago, makavelli said:

cheers

Building E at City Garden has a pool on the roof as shown in the pictures above but you have to be staying in that building to get access.
The main pool gets cool in dec - Jan due to lack of direct sun and sometimes gets pretty cold for a few days when the daytime temperature drops around 25 deg C.
The rest of the year the main pool area gets plenty of sun even if not all areas will be in direct sunlight all day. It is actually more of a problem for those looking for shade as the parasols can be taken from morning until late afternoon.

2 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

The pool on The Roof was fine though, but those pesky russians take all the sun lounges early

If to "take a sun lounger" consists of putting a towel on it and going away, could you beat the Russians to it by taking one at eg 3am when you return to condo from a night around the bars?  Or could you just permanently occupy one with your towel?  Is there a risk of towel theft if you leave an unattended towel on a lounger?

1 hour ago, SirL said:

If to "take a sun lounger" consists of putting a towel on it and going away, could you beat the Russians to it by taking one at eg 3am when you return to condo from a night around the bars?  Or could you just permanently occupy one with your towel?  Is there a risk of towel theft if you leave an unattended towel on a lounger?

Why would I bother with that shit. Fuck me

12 Pints in Know it all

I stayed at City Garden 3 years running and enjoyed everything about it except the main pool being unusable in December and  January because the water is fucking freezing .

Terrific location to all that Pattaya has to offer with exceptional security . The most annoying thing was when walking to second road you pass by the corner wall of the temple where vendors  make preparation of the evenings goods to be offerred  from their push carts  . The smell can be nauseating from discarded fish parts and sundry other waste that lies rotting over several days . 

Archived