IGNORED

Ordinary Coffee - Railway Road (near Huay Yai Road)

So yes, out in the middle of nowhere. Really only for coffee buffs with transport and time on their hands....

Couple of reviews over the last month:

“The Arabica medium roast special blend (Ethiopia, El Salvador, Guatamala) at Ordinary Coffee is in a class of its own compared to any other coffee sold in espresso form, anywhere around Pattaya. Nowhere even runs it close. A double shot at 8am had to be followed by another. It's a bit far for me to trek out here or this would be my first stop of each day. “

________

“If any restaurant with the know-how and right machine bought this blend of three premium Arabica beans from Ordinary Coffee (see photo, Guatemala/Ethiopia/El Salvador), I would come and eat regularly no matter what they did to the food, just for the espresso to follow the meal. Ok maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but coffee aficionados will get where I'm coming from. 

Nutty, fruity, with that hint of sweetness that makes adding any sugar a crime. Or milk. Ordinary Coffee is on the northbound side of the railway east of Sukhumvit, just off the Huay Yai road.”

_________

Also tried their single source Arabicas, from Indonesia, Chiang Rai area of Northern Thailand, and all over Central America and East Africa. All excellent. Prices very fair for the quality.

C30ABCDA-03C2-43E2-8AE1-65CF940AF8D6.jpeg

05BE01FB-7652-4386-BB6D-C290C0AAD119.jpeg

696CFA77-9C1B-4BA4-9CA9-F97EE75EFEBC.jpeg

F6A8369E-EEA9-4D7C-9814-73EC21BAA93C.jpeg

81A5C8AF-F4AC-4615-BE8D-A9BAB8AB28D2.jpeg

E5E21F86-8DEF-4443-AB7C-296A7E1F18A3.jpeg

76B79AD9-0147-43AC-A88D-9368DF78004E.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

I travel this route occasionally, and always stop for a coffee. Always excellent.
They were also offering Barista training .

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Any idea how much they charge for beans?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

9 hours ago, davidge said:

Runners or baked........:Oops1:

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/12/2018 at 15:44, davidge said:

Sorry for delay! Their Thai Arabica house blend will be cheaper, but the Special blend (El Salvador, Guatemala, Ethiopia) is 450฿ per kilo (1000g bag), or 4 x 250g 490฿.

The single origins, didn't ask but it will be around that price. Love both their single origin Ethiopia and Indonesia Arabicas.

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Sorry for delay! Their Thai Arabica house blend will be cheaper, but the Special blend (El Salvador, Guatemala, Ethiopia) is 450฿ per kilo (1000g bag), or 4 x 250g 490฿.
The single origins, didn't ask but it will be around that price. Love both their single origin Ethiopia and Indonesia Arabicas.
Do you know if they have decaf?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On 05/01/2019 at 06:52, basket case said:

Do you know if they have decaf?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not 100% sure, but I don't remember seeing decaf on the menu

Archived