Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Virtual Thai Driving License


Oukiva

Recommended Posts

No and if I did I think I would still prefer to show my licence - rather then my phone. Probably just me but licence is more likely to be with me than the phone as well.

If the BIB cannot read the QR code for some reason do they confiscate the phone.........:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very cool, will download the app and see if it also has english.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/12/2018 at 21:02, Oukiva said:

Do you have a recent TDL with a QR code on the back ?

If yes, have a look there :

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailand-to-launch-virtual-drivers-licenses-with-qr-code-in-2019.html

driverslicense1-701x393.jpg

Cept where is your phone made? China perhaps?

Well they undoubtedly will (or already HAVE) hacked all that and will just add your license information to their growing hoard of pirated data. (gasp). :sad:

Just kidding...nothing like this could possibly happen. :Crazy1:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/politics/trump-china-trade.html

Posted just for fun. Then again, who knows how secure this application is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

at the rate that phones are lost/stolen i would prefer to have a hard copy to show

plus i think more phones would be a target for theives if they changed over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like it,  sometimes I'll hop on my motorbike and make a quick run around town and forget my DL at home, but I never forget my phone.

I can't scan the QR code from those websites, anyone know the exact name of the app?  (I get other apps when I search Thai driver license)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

I like it,  sometimes I'll hop on my motorbike and make a quick run around town and forget my DL at home, but I never forget my phone.

I can't scan the QR code from those websites, anyone know the exact name of the app?  (I get other apps when I search Thai driver license)

it says when clicking on cyberpro's post that it will be launched mid january , so i would say you wouldn't be able to download till then and you must have a QR code on the back of licence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"It is expected that the digital driver’s license will be ready to use before February of 2019. Police officers will be able to check the legitimacy of your driver’s license by simply scanning your QR code displayed from your application, then your information will be displayed automatically on the officer’s phone. Where all types of drivers licenses will be supported by the application."

ex link on my post...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I renewed my licences in September and both have the code on the back.
At this time you get a message "the QR Code Campaign has been disabled for some reason".
I assume that is because it doesn't go active until Feb 2019 but it does seem like it will happen at some stage and they have been planning for it for some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

I renewed my licences in September and both have the code on the back.
At this time you get a message "the QR Code Campaign has been disabled for some reason".
I assume that is because it doesn't go active until Feb 2019 but it does seem like it will happen at some stage and they have been planning for it for some time.

Same here, I renewed my license in July this year,  and it has a QR code on the back. 

Here's a link for those with an iphone;

https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/dlt-qr-licence/id1437216015?l=th&mt=8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The police when they pull you over will take away your licence and you need to pick it up at the police station, the idea is its more likely you will pay the fine, so i wonder how that will work with no licence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Scuba+ said:

The police when they pull you over will take away your licence and you need to pick it up at the police station, the idea is its more likely you will pay the fine, so i wonder how that will work with no licence

They will keep passport or your keys and bike and you have to taxi it over to the police station.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

They will keep passport or your keys and bike and you have to taxi it over to the police station.

scoundrels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

The police when they pull you over will take away your licence and you need to pick it up at the police station, the idea is its more likely you will pay the fine, so i wonder how that will work with no licence

I read that policemen will have the possibility to "suspend" your Virtual Driving Licence using the App...

No more details.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.