Oukiva

Virtual Thai Driving License

Kanga

No and if I did I think I would still prefer to show my licence - rather then my phone. Probably just me but licence is more likely to be with me than the phone as well.

If the BIB cannot read the QR code for some reason do they confiscate the phone.........:D

Tarl

Very cool, will download the app and see if it also has english.

Edited by Tarl

CyberPro
On 15/12/2018 at 21:02, Oukiva said:

Do you have a recent TDL with a QR code on the back ?

If yes, have a look there :

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailand-to-launch-virtual-drivers-licenses-with-qr-code-in-2019.html

driverslicense1-701x393.jpg

Cept where is your phone made? China perhaps?

Well they undoubtedly will (or already HAVE) hacked all that and will just add your license information to their growing hoard of pirated data. (gasp). :sad:

Just kidding...nothing like this could possibly happen. :Crazy1:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/politics/trump-china-trade.html

Posted just for fun. Then again, who knows how secure this application is?

Edited by CyberPro

onehunglo

at the rate that phones are lost/stolen i would prefer to have a hard copy to show

plus i think more phones would be a target for theives if they changed over

Wolf Cat

I like it,  sometimes I'll hop on my motorbike and make a quick run around town and forget my DL at home, but I never forget my phone.

I can't scan the QR code from those websites, anyone know the exact name of the app?  (I get other apps when I search Thai driver license)

Oukiva
2 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

I can't scan the QR code from those websites, anyone know the exact name of the app?  

For Andoid it's this one :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.dlt.qrlicence

but first check that you have a QR Code on the back of your TDL :wink:

onehunglo
6 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

I like it,  sometimes I'll hop on my motorbike and make a quick run around town and forget my DL at home, but I never forget my phone.

I can't scan the QR code from those websites, anyone know the exact name of the app?  (I get other apps when I search Thai driver license)

it says when clicking on cyberpro's post that it will be launched mid january , so i would say you wouldn't be able to download till then and you must have a QR code on the back of licence

Barhop

"It is expected that the digital driver’s license will be ready to use before February of 2019. Police officers will be able to check the legitimacy of your driver’s license by simply scanning your QR code displayed from your application, then your information will be displayed automatically on the officer’s phone. Where all types of drivers licenses will be supported by the application."

ex link on my post...

Geordie59

I renewed my licences in September and both have the code on the back.
At this time you get a message "the QR Code Campaign has been disabled for some reason".
I assume that is because it doesn't go active until Feb 2019 but it does seem like it will happen at some stage and they have been planning for it for some time.

Wolf Cat
17 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

I renewed my licences in September and both have the code on the back.
At this time you get a message "the QR Code Campaign has been disabled for some reason".
I assume that is because it doesn't go active until Feb 2019 but it does seem like it will happen at some stage and they have been planning for it for some time.

Same here, I renewed my license in July this year,  and it has a QR code on the back. 

Here's a link for those with an iphone;

https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/dlt-qr-licence/id1437216015?l=th&mt=8

Scuba+

The police when they pull you over will take away your licence and you need to pick it up at the police station, the idea is its more likely you will pay the fine, so i wonder how that will work with no licence

Wolf Cat
Just now, Scuba+ said:

The police when they pull you over will take away your licence and you need to pick it up at the police station, the idea is its more likely you will pay the fine, so i wonder how that will work with no licence

They will keep passport or your keys and bike and you have to taxi it over to the police station.

onehunglo
9 hours ago, Wolf Cat said:

They will keep passport or your keys and bike and you have to taxi it over to the police station.

scoundrels

Oukiva
9 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

I read that policemen will have the possibility to "suspend" your Virtual Driving Licence using the App...

No more details.