Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Web programming questions

Xfreak0000

Hello?

We have an ecommerce website, which is made with ASP.net and we have the below problems so I would like to know technically how to code/solve these problems. (would like to share the codes, but I don't have so just ask questions. pls kindly understand)

1. Pop-up windows work on IE, but they do not work on Chrome. Normally, what is the problem with this and how to code java script to make it run on Chrome? (it would be of great help if you give answers with sample codes with explanations)

2. We want to put gif pictures in the page, but when we insert gif pictures the page sometimes can not be loaded and sometimes very slow so normally never successfully load the pages with gif 100%. but when we change it to jpg it works and what I found out is that nowadays it is not common to use gif, but to use jpg with scripts to give the gif effects. Can you please give me some sample jpg codes? and is it java script code?

3. In the search menu, we filtered some options then navigate in the result pages and when we move to other result pages then come back with backward key or arrow on browzer our session gets out to the normal page automatically so we can not stay in the filtered result page. what is the problem and how can I solve this?

Without wanting to state the obvious do you have pop-ups enabled on Chrome? They are now disabled by default i think or if not you may have turned them off in settings.

gif images should be fine - how big they are is a different matter. Try keep images under 250kb and sometimes gifs can be massive.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

And you’re asking these sort of programming questions on a whore forum why?

Makes about as much sense as going onto a coding forum and asking how much for short time. 

Come on man use your head, you’re not going to get the answers you’re looking for on here. 

17 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Without wanting to state the obvious do you have pop-ups enabled on Chrome?

Yep, my thoughts exactly about the pop-ups.

resize and use this tool to compress your images for faster load times: https://compressnow.com/

EDIT: By the way, pop-ups are very irritating to site visitors and Google will lower your site in its search results if you use them. The more of them you use, the greater the Google penalty. Not to mention that they don't really sell product in the first place. You certainly do not want pop-ups on your main (index) page. Your decision of course.

Just now, nzwolfgang said:

Makes about as much sense as going onto a coding forum and asking how much for short time. 

Come on man use your head, you’re not going to get the answers you’re looking for on here. 

The post is in the correct section and believe it or not quite a lot of us make our living this way. Please keep your negative comments to yourself.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Just now, nzwolfgang said:

Sorry to tell you this but this forum is about a lot more than whoring.
I've been around here 30 years and still find good information on here about many subjects other than women.

5 minutes ago, Xfreak0000 said:

1. Pop-up windows work on IE, but they do not work on Chrome. Normally, what is the problem with this and how to code java script to make it run on Chrome? (it would be of great help if you give answers with sample codes with explanations)

Thanks for the answer and the Pop-up option on Chrome is on, but it does not work so we suspect that it is coding problem. Can you give me some adivce on coding such as examples with explanation?

Just now, Pattaya_Brian said:

Yep, my thoughts exactly about the pop-ups.

resize and use this tool to compress your images for faster load times: https://compressnow.com/

EDIT: By the way, pop-ups are very irritating to site visitors and Google will lower your site in its search results if you use them. The more of them you use, the greater the Google penalty. Not to mention that they don't really sell product in the first place. You certainly do not want pop-ups on your main (index) page. Your decision of course.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I asked one developer and he told me that it might be due to gif format because it causes many errors as well as heavy size make the site loading for a long time so new trend is to use jpg file with script to run multiple jpgs to give gif effects with lower file size. 

And I need coding advice which I can not sort out by myself. Can you please give me some coding advice?

Our site has a  lot of regular visitors rather than organic searchers who land in our shopping mall so having pop-ups should be ok.

6 minutes ago, Xfreak0000 said:

Can you give me some adivce on coding such as examples with explanation?

That's basically impossible without more details, perhaps a link to a page with the issue.

Just now, Fumbduck said:

You'd be better off asking this on StackOverflow.

They'd eat him alive ... no "nice to be nice" ethos there :D

ASP.net is a poor choice for a complex website these days. Most web servers run on linux distros.

I'd look at either Django or Ruby on Rails. I like RoR.

#1 bring up the chrome page inspector, and you'll see any errors that unsupported scripts may be triggering in the 'console'. That will point you at where the problems stem from. How to fix the problems: requires someone who can understand what the error messages are saying.

#2 Sounds like file size problems, as others have noted. Don't think you can use hi-res gifs as substitutes for short video clips if that's the effect you think you want.
And no, the methods for serving sequential JPEGs instead of gifs are
A) worse, slower, and heavier;
B) not modern practice at all, in fact that hack pre-dates the invention of animated GIFs (and MPEGs etc) as a really bad attempt at animation.

#3 is unintelligible.
Sounds like you need to find a local developer that speaks your language to hep out. Unfortunately, anyone with legacy ASP.net skills is probably a senior consultant level by now, and anyone affordable on the freelance market is probably younger than the framework itself. 

14 hours ago, Xfreak0000 said:

Hello?

We have an ecommerce website, which is made with ASP.net and we have the below problems so I would like to know technically how to code/solve these problems. (would like to share the codes, but I don't have so just ask questions. pls kindly understand) 

2. We want to put gif pictures in the page, but when we insert gif pictures the page sometimes can not be loaded and sometimes very slow so normally never successfully load the pages with gif 100%. but when we change it to jpg it works and what I found out is that nowadays it is not common to use gif, but to use jpg with scripts to give the gif effects. Can you please give me some sample jpg codes? and is it java script code?

3. In the search menu, we filtered some options then navigate in the result pages and when we move to other result pages then come back with backward key or arrow on browzer our session gets out to the normal page automatically so we can not stay in the filtered result page. what is the problem and how can I solve this?

I can't help with any of the programming issues but in general, pop ups are a bad idea, most people have them blocked and it is not good UI design. 

Same with displaying GIF images.  It's best to avoid using them. 

#3 sounds like you need to make a page with your filtered results and make the browser goto to it, something like  yourwebsite.com/search?abc&results=etc

that way when the user hits the back button, it goes to yourwebsite.com/search?abc&results=etc  instead of yourwebsite.com

18 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

There are many homeless losers digital nomads living here. How much they know about anything is another question.

2 hours ago, themelonman said:

#1 bring up the chrome page inspector, and you'll see any errors that unsupported scripts may be triggering in the 'console'. That will point you at where the problems stem from. How to fix the problems: requires someone who can understand what the error messages are saying.

#2 Sounds like file size problems, as others have noted. Don't think you can use hi-res gifs as substitutes for short video clips if that's the effect you think you want.

Hi? themelonman.

1. Can you please let me know how I can track the problematic user sessions on ASP.Net server? How can I run debug on server side and client side? or How can I find the the user sessions? Do I need to check each server(many servers are being load-balanced) and should I open the cookie file on client PC to find the user session IDs?

2. could you please explain a little bit more about hi-resolution gifs? what kind of program or website can I use to highly compress gifs?

2 hours ago, rainman333 said:

I can't help with any of the programming issues but in general, pop ups are a bad idea, most people have them blocked and it is not good UI design. 

Same with displaying GIF images.  It's best to avoid using them. 

#3 sounds like you need to make a page with your filtered results and make the browser goto to it, something like  yourwebsite.com/search?abc&results=etc

that way when the user hits the back button, it goes to yourwebsite.com/search?abc&results=etc  instead of yourwebsite.com

Hi? rainman33.

It is an ecommerce shopping mall selling a lot of items including clothes and they want to show gifs in order to show many model fits to customers, which other ecommerce shopping malls do. Do you have any suggestion for this not using gifs?

2ndly, yes we need our customers sessions stay in the filtered/search results, but it does not work. Can you please give me any technical advices how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot to all of you.

19 hours ago, Xfreak0000 said:

Below are some references I found in a few minutes of Google searching for "What animated image format is best for low bandwidth" and " Script for animated jpeg" Might be a start. Good luck.

https://ezgif.com/help/alternative-animated-image-formats

http://www.eightize.com/sw/j/animJPG/animJpg.html

Just now, Xfreak0000 said:

Hi? rainman33.

It is an ecommerce shopping mall selling a lot of items including clothes and they want to show gifs in order to show many model fits to customers, which other ecommerce shopping malls do. Do you have

any suggestion for this not using gifs?

2ndly, yes we need our customers sessions stay in the filtered/search results, but it does not work. Can you please give me any technical advices how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot to all of you.

no suggestions about alternatives to using gifs except maybe just use normal photo.

for search results issue, there are many ways to handle it.  Firstly, you can make it so that when a user clicks on each search result that the result opens up in a new window, you can do this by specifying the <a> target to "_blank", example:  <a href="result page.html" target="_blank"></a>

or if you want a single page /tab design, when the user clicks on "search" button, you need to load up a results page with the search results loaded. like I said in previous post,

it would look something like www.yoursite.com/searchresults.php?searchtext  

you can also use cookies to store search result history and possibly display them if back button detected..... but I would avoid doing it this way

Archived