The Roof Avenue Pattaya

The Roof at The Avenue Pattaya

petehoax

i was there last week with a barfine for a cocktail. had a mojito, which was good, but not great. i think it was 220 (maybe ++, maybe not). place was nearly empty, i think 3 other guests there. 
just had a look at their FB page. it seems they have happy hour from 6-9pm. they call it "1 for 1", but i assume they mean "2 for 1" ;)
one free drink for SINGLE ladies on wednesday after 8pm. 

LeoTex
33 minutes ago, petehoax said:

i was there last week with a barfine for a cocktail. had a mojito, which was good, but not great. i think it was 220 (maybe ++, maybe not). place was nearly empty, i think 3 other guests there. 
just had a look at their FB page. it seems they have happy hour from 6-9pm. they call it "1 for 1", but i assume they mean "2 for 1" ;)
one free drink for SINGLE ladies on wednesday after 8pm. 

I went there just before Christmas with a BF. We both had the 2 for 1 margarita during happy hour, which were IMHO very good.

LeoTex

Birdieboy

Does this place have freelance girls that work there every night?

petehoax
9 hours ago, Birdieboy said:

Does this place have freelance girls that work there every night?

the one time i was there (and from a few pics i've seen): No, most of the time there is no one there at all (besides the service staff). go there with a date if you want, but don't expect to pick up someone new. 

The Roof Avenue Pattaya

Tonight is Mr Handsome at the Roof, starts at 9pm. Oh its a bit gay i hear you say, however there are many lovely girls attending the event to see what Pattaya has to offer, so catch em while they're horny. ;)

MR Handsome.jpg

FarangKiNok

I went over to the Roof twice on my last trip in May. Unfortunately it was completely empty with the exception of a few bartenders and a DJ. I would love to have seen this place pumping. Hordes of freelancers to choose from. Would it be sustainable to offer free drinks to ladies in order to bring the crowd in?

Sexyfarangman
On 11/12/2018 at 10:32, The Roof Avenue Pattaya said:

We will be having our Xmas Dinner and Party on the 25th December, for reservation please send us a PM on the board 

176337.jpg176338.jpg

1445 baht seems very high for a Christmas dinner.  I wonder how many customers actually ate there that day.

The Roof Avenue Pattaya

DJ Tony is now playing at the Roof every Saturday. One of the best DJ's in Pattaya. Start time is 9pm.

DJ Tony.jpg

The Roof Avenue Pattaya

The Roof will be celebrating its one year anniversary on Friday 14th June. Free food, free shots and lots of great surprises on the night. This will no doubt be a big one.

S__2883600.jpg

K...
On 01/06/2019 at 09:49, The Roof Avenue Pattaya said:

DJ Tony is now playing at The Roof every Saturday. One of the best DJ's in Pattaya. Start time is 9pm.

What type of music are we talking?

The Roof Avenue Pattaya
On 04/06/2019 at 03:52, K... said:

What type of music are we talking?

Mainly House music.

The Roof Avenue Pattaya

Another great event at the Roof. Ladies only Tattoo competition on the 21st June. Big prizes to be won for the best Tattoo's. If you know any ladies that would like to enter then please ask them to contact the Roof Facebook page or alternatively message Line ID seanarcher21 to register.

Roof Tattoo.jpg

The Roof Avenue Pattaya

We have secured the services of DJ Poppy for the anniversary party. One of the best DJ's around. Should be a great party this Friday.

1560268467474.jpg

nzwolfgang

Just seems the wrong location for it.  The Avenue and surrounding area doesn’t get the younger crowd that would be into that thump thump shitty music. 

The Roof Avenue Pattaya

Due to heavy rain forecast we have rescheduled the Ladyboy Tattoo competition from Tuesday 9th July to Sunday the 14th July. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.Entry fee for non contestants is 150 Baht which gives a free San Miguel beer and food while stocks last. Start time is 9pm but anyone wishing to compete please arrive by 8pm. If you know someone who wishes to enter the competition please register by contacting Line ID seanarcher21 or by the Roof Facebook messenger.

258247.jpg

The Roof Avenue Pattaya
On 27/06/2019 at 01:07, nzwolfgang said:

Just seems the wrong location for it.  The Avenue and surrounding area doesn’t get the younger crowd that would be into that thump thump shitty music. 

I see these comments alot across the boards regarding the type of music played in the bars etc. I do get it because the average age is of the more mature gentleman etc with the usual preference being 60's, 70's and 80's music. I see many guys saying when will the bars get it and change the music to the clientele which will result in more customers.

Well there is a bar/agogo that caters to that era with rock music etc every night and its called the Tahitian Queen, seems strange that its deserted nearly every night of the week when with all the comments about older music you think it would be packed out every night.

mmaaarrrkkk
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:19, The Roof Avenue Pattaya said:

I see these comments alot across the boards regarding the type of music played in the bars etc. I do get it because the average age is of the more mature gentleman etc with the usual preference being 60's, 70's and 80's music. I see many guys saying when will the bars get it and change the music to the clientele which will result in more customers.

Well there is a bar/agogo that caters to that era with rock music etc every night and its called the Tahitian Queen, seems strange that its deserted nearly every night of the week when with all the comments about older music you think it would be packed out every night.

Well done , answering only selected questions. Well no loss , I'm only one customer.

The Roof Avenue Pattaya
On 08/07/2019 at 10:18, mmaaarrrkkk said:

Well done , answering only selected questions. Well no loss , I'm only one customer.

I will endeavor to answer questions, however I don't have the time to reply to all comments, which are two completely different things.

El Moreno 809

I will definitely put this on my list during my next Pattaya trip. I love rooftop/outdoor bars. I'll definitely patronize it. 

Puttuyu

Still selling watches downstairs on the sidewalk (next to the giant bowling ball) ?

Edited by Puttuyu

LeoTex
8 hours ago, Puttuyu said:

Still selling watches downstairs on the sidewalk (next to the giant bowling ball) ?

I'm still trying to tie this question into The Roof at the Avenue Bar.

Been to the Roof a few times and will make a stop there again next month when I return.

LeoTex

The Sculptor
On 05/07/2019 at 22:19, The Roof Avenue Pattaya said:

I see these comments a lot across the boards regarding the type of music played in the bars etc. I do get it because the average age is of the more mature gentleman etc with the usual preference being 60's, 70's and 80's music. I see many guys saying when will the bars get it and change the music to the clientele which will result in more customers.

Your reply has some merit, but I would like to add a comment. I'm a more mature gent, or an older fart if you wish. ---> Late 50's. I enjoy many different types of music, from rock, blues, RnB to jazz to house, and some EDM.  However, the thing that keeps me away from many places is the sheer volume of the tunes being played.  If a bar or club plays their tunes at a level where shouting isn't required, in a good atmosphere with cute girls, I'd bet more mature guys like me would show up. Particularly earlier in the evening, which is my second point.  You wouldn't have to have the same level of volume, or even the same type of tunes for the entire duration in which you're operating. Will this work in Pattaya?  Can you get a DJ or work some other way to have a loose boundary between the two formats?  I don't know, but I can tell you it worked in the cities in which I lived since the 1980's.