Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best place in Pats to buy a used smart phone

impulse325

Hey all, I will be in Pats in a couple of days and I'm in need of a Thai phone when I'm in town. My unlocked droid I usually bring from the states took a crap on me when I tried to change out the battery (which was a bad idea, should of let a professional do it). Since I never had this issue of looking/buying a smart phone in Pats, obviously this will be my first time. Any recommendations on where to buy a decent used smart phone in Pats? Also, model phone would be helpful as well...I'm not looking to spend over 3000 baht.

//

Why buy used you can get a new one, quite good as well, for 3000 or less. Buying used is just asking for trouble.

The Thai are addicted to brand name, eg iPhone 6 and after. do not expect a better deal than a BG who will pay $500+ for used.

Old GSM G2 work fine here, they are a dime a dozen at home.

$30 will buy a new cheapo in tukkom but anything smart will be cheaper at home. Used is always cheaper at home.

Most major brands want to maintain a premium in Thailand, hence price gouge, they see no point in matching Chinese brands, simple marketing sense.

It's probably better you don't by from home. A lot of phones are locked to specific networks. Buy in Pattaya to eliminate technical headaches.

Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated! This phone will be strictly for when I come to Pats which is usually twice a year. I will go to tukcom when I'm in town.

//

I bought a new Samsung in tuk com at 2995 baht, sim included and 599 baht for the months usage, bargain in my book 

Archived