Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Exchanging stamped USD currency

Candy77

I have a few stamped USD 100 bills of the new series. F9883ED4-E96B-4649-9EE9-0904521DEC0F.thumb.jpeg.5c59ff6a3b68a4a9e4e67e0d3cdd6b96.jpegSomething like the ones in the picture above. How difficult is it to exchange these in Bangkok/ Pattaya? Anyone has any first hand experience?

1 hour ago, eXplosief said:

I guess it might be turned down by most exchange boots. 

Guess? First hand experience?

That will be totally subjective to the person behind the booth. I'd call it a 50/50, where you just might be able to walk around the corner and find someone who either doesn't notice or doesn't care. If you bills are crisp, they might not even flip them over. Still, to be on the safe side, any non-mint markings are technically grounds for rejection. Try to just exchange them at your home bank before leaving. Tell them that you're traveling and require pristine bills for exchange. 

I've changed USD bills a lot worse than that at Superrich without ever being knocked back. The ones that were noticeably marked I mixed in with a few clean bills to avoid detection.

At the airport basement I exchanged similar notes. First place said no. Walked next door to superrich and no problem. I even pointed out the mark.

Why are they stamped? Seems odd for new bills.

Agree with above, get bank to swap them before travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tons of exchange boots in Pattaya, you shouldn't have any problems... if one refuse, just go to another... Just mix those stamped bills with the clean ones and you'll be fine...

I've seen many times $100 bills getting stamped by the staff when exchanging in Pattaya... and many could care less...

Inspired by the mixed feedback got all the stamped ones exchanged for crispy ones, Mint quality. 

Mods, you may please close this thread.

:Thanks3:

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:25, Man7 said:

Why are they stamped? Seems odd for new bills.

Agree with above, get bank to swap them before travel.

That's the stamp that the exchange booth put on them after exchanging them for baht. I seen them stamp after I exchanged.

What seems odd, is how someone has them. maybe exchanged baht back for USD $100's.

I guess they could end up back in the US or an other country, but very slim chance I would think.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I've never seen stamps on new US bills...  I've seen rips and tears on CDN bills, even blood on the old paper ones.  We take em' all in Canada.

I've had many batches of 100 USD bills with little stampings....makes absolutely no difference in their acceptance by stores,banks and exchange bureaux. As long as it's modern series and in good physical condition then there's zero problems using them.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Archived