IGNORED

Better and Easier Tourism Visa :)

Oukiva

Just now, Whalley said:

The question always arises whether the visa exemption rule is limited on the number of entry stamps per year or cumulative days in Thailand in the past 6 months.  Or both?

There’s no hard and fast rule. IO can use either as a reason if they choose to do so.

There was a statement made during a ‘crackdown’ a couple of years ago but that supposed certainty really didn’t last long.

Plenty of people are theoretically breaking these ‘rules’ and don’t have a problem. Occasionally, someone is stopped at immigration using one of these as the reason.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question always arises whether the visa exemption rule is limited on the number of entry stamps per year or cumulative days in Thailand in the past 6 months.  Or both?
at the land border I'm reliably informed its 2 only in a calendar year, by agent that arranges border runs every day and has close contact with immigration

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2019 at 16:17, sabato said:

Heard stories of people with heaps of visa exempts for short stays (well north of a dozen), no problem. I would be surprised if 30 visa exempts for a total under 3 months per year would even raise an eyebrow.

I strongly suspect (just guessing) the first year or two may not matter, and that it's where there's an established history going back a few years, and you're noted to be spending the majority of the year in Thailand.

The people I personally know who had to stop - they were told in clear terms, your next entry may be denied, were British/Australian citizens. Embassy shopping didn't matter, the problems were at the border/airport, regardless of the successful application for a tourist visa.

As a Canadian, in 2018, I only went twice from Cambodia to LOS, 2 weeks each time, the 3rd time I tried I was denied, Thai immigration even wrote that I was to be denied on my Cambodian departure slip! No joke, no b.s.

Now it’s 2019, and, no problem entering LOS. I just wonder if it’s 2 times for land entry this year or not? Thanks.

Archived