Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

LOTTELLEE WINNA

When exactly is high/low season?

RRosenberg
Posted (edited)

In regards to the airfares and school holidays...I just paid almost £1,000 return UK - BKK (economy when last time I paid £1,800 for biz) solely due to June/August being the "6 week holidays" here in the UK. It's also classed as "low season" now and many girls mentioned the lack of farangs in Pattaya currently - which I too observed, airfare plus the baht issues probably being the reason.

I did however ask a few of the girls what the difference was between "high" and "low" season and I was quite shocked at their response. They basically said there is no high and low season anymore, the only difference being that Christmas - New Year it's busy but other than that, same same.

I've only been twice, both times at 'low season' so take it for what it's worth, however I'd like to hear from any of the more experienced board members here as to whether that observation is correct or not.

What I will say is that with the current economic issues happening globally paired with the baht issues for farangs, it will be interesting to see if things really do pick back up at "high season" this year or not...

Edited by RRosenberg

Imlooking4fun

I was there in February and it was definitely busier than September last year  I m going again this September so will be interesting to see if same or worse than last September. 

Explorer8939

I definitely see a drop in tourists after Songkran, it looks like everyone is leaving town.

petermik
On 16/08/2019 at 16:15, RRosenberg said:

I've only been twice, both times at 'low season' so take it for what it's worth, however I'd like to hear from any of the more experienced board members here as to whether that observation is correct or not.

Been coming here 12 years (last 5+ resident) and I have never seen it so quiet before...few Europeans/Brits/Aussies...arabs/indians/chinese  are quite plentiful but these don,t spend in the bars.

I needed to wait for a vacancy at the apartment block where I,m resident 5 years ago now it,s only 60% full.....Pattaya is suffering....us farangs are not wanted anymore....Indians and Chinese are being given 1 years visa free :Cry3:

vimto66
21 hours ago, RRosenberg said:

I did however ask a few of the girls what the difference was between "high" and "low" season and I was quite shocked at their response. They basically said there is no high and low season anymore.......

I mentioned to a few Thais from taxi drivers to the girls in the bars themselves how quiet Pattaya was and not many people, and they did acknowledge it was low season.

LOTTELLEE WINNA

For the last 5 years, I have been living in Udon Thani, and this enabled me to visit Pattaya 5-6 times a year. I can safely say that the seasons still exist. High season is when the better weather starts and runs Nov-Feb/March. Note two weeks before and after Xmas is what I refer to as ‘peak season’...hotels are fuller and the gals are busier.

After Songkhran in Apri, right through to the end of Oct, it is low season.

Got to tell you that I love Patts no matter what month of the year it is :GrinNod1:

SteveB

I think now there is just - Super Low Season & Low Season, reason the very Strong Thai Baht.