IGNORED

VIEW TALAY 6

hotfunguy

I am interested in staying at View Talay 6 around July next year for a month in a Studio Apartment 48sq with a sea view Walking Street side.

I noticed there are numerous property agencies on Ground Level of that building.

Could someone please recommend a decent agency who books one month rentals. 

Also can one book directly with owners? Is this a good idea?

What cost would I be looking at for low season, one month (July)?

Thanks.

One I have used before was Dance Watchers.

www.dancewatchers.com

There is an other one "The Coffee House by Honeys.

www.honeyscoffeehouse.com

Both of have been mentioned several time on the forum.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Is it a good idea to just roll up without booking in advance for a month rental July 2019?

Are prices inflated if you just show up to book on the day?

4 hours ago, hotfunguy said:

Is it a good idea to just roll up without booking in advance for a month rental July 2019?

as you stay 1 month only and on high season i would def prebook myself , normally dealing with owners direct could save you money but same here its high season and 1 month only so wont be easy to find and if you find a empty room by owner it wont save you much i belive .

just make sure with honeys and others they clearly write what side of the building and floor you get , not funny to get low floor old room on parking side of the house as i know they have few condos there aswell .

if you walk in from second road there is a restaurant / small shop first on your right side ….. she have few condos aswell and quite good to deal with actually .

juristic may have some rooms aswell if you dare to walk in without booking but unless youre on a very tight budget the money saved isnt worth the risk i belive due to dates and if you want a nice high floor room :) 

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Yes, July is low season. There should be walk in availability then. I can’t imagine every place being rented that time of year. As far as I know, dance watchers has the nicest rooms, but charges accordingly. Lots of pictures on their site so you know what you are getting. I have used them multiple times over the years.

• 1 month later...

Just as a side question as I think this might be the major thing that pulls me to renting a condo as apposed to just a hotel if you take more than 1 girl back to the condo do you have to pay extra as you do in most of the hotels, have always wanted to get more girls back to hotel but think of the extra money for nothing, the hotel I was staying at wanted 700baht per extra person per night if I did that 10 times on holidays it starts to add up.

14 minutes ago, bigshow said:

Just as a side question as I think this might be the major thing that pulls me to renting a condo as apposed to just a hotel if you take more than 1 girl back to the condo do you have to pay extra as you do in most of the hotels, have always wanted to get more girls back to hotel but think of the extra money for nothing, the hotel I was staying at wanted 700baht per extra person per night if I did that 10 times on holidays it starts to add up.

No you don’t. You can bring 50 if you want. The condo is like your home while you rent it as long as you’re not hurting anyone or damaging anything, nobody cares or will charge you.

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

No you don’t. You can bring 50 if you want. The condo is like your home while you rent it as long as you’re not hurting anyone or damaging anything, nobody cares or will charge you.

If my condo neighbour brought 50 girls back with him the building security would be knocking on his door about 5 seconds later. Condo buildings have rules too, you know. Even in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yup.

No reason you cannot have a party in a privately rented room (or even one you own)

Just now, KittenKong said:

If my condo neighbour brought 50 girls back with him the building security would be knocking on his door about 5 seconds later. Condo buildings have rules too, you know. Even in Thailand.

You sound like a fun neighbour to have.

Maybe you could enlighten us to the rules of numbers allowed at private parties in VT6.

I have had many people back at one time, never tried 50, maybe 49 would be ok?

On 14/11/2018 at 07:53, hotfunguy said:

In answer to your original question:

In July I would do a walk in and see what is available and take a look around inside the places. Lots of agencies all on the same floor as you walk into the building.

If it is available as a walk in, it could have been a cancellation or not rented due to low season, so they could make you a good deal on the place.

The only time I booked in advance was when I booked a flight on 17th December to leave/arrive 18th December on a last minute impulse. Being as it was high season and I wanted VT6, I wanted to speak to someone about a room before I got there (as I would be getting there the next day).

I tried to get a phone number for Dancewatchers but I could not find one in their posts, so I did a google search and found a few agents there that had a telephone number.

I ended up with ViewTalay6.com and spoke to Sa +66 97 043 7569  [email protected]

I spoke to her on the phone, she added me to her LINE and sent me photos and prices.

She ended up giving me a really good deal, 60% off normal price.

Archived