IGNORED

Thai Tourist Sim now in India

Candy77

BMs from India can now buy the DTAC sim on Amazon before flying for the same price. You just need to mail over your passport copy after you buy the SIM and will be registered and pre-activated. Besides saving precious time after landing you also have a Thai contact number handy even before you land.

Here’s the link to purchase 

TSIM Thailand SIM Card https://www.amazon.in/dp/B079P1QQVD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fjP5Bb0S2H8E3

By the time you get it and arrive in LOS you'd lose half or more of the data and pay more than you would in LOS even with the current 30% discount ... sounds like a good deal :Dunno1:

37 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

By the time you get it and arrive in LOS you'd lose half or more of the data and pay more than you would in LOS even with the current 30% discount ... sounds like a good deal :Dunno1:

No. The day count starts only once we land in Thailand. It’s pre-registered but activates only once it connects to a Thailand network.

1 minute ago, Candy77 said:

No. The day count starts only once we land in Thailand.

How can that be if it's preactivated?

Aha, in the hidden Q&A:

This SIM will be activated as soon as it connects to the network in Thailand. 

1 minute ago, Ru4Real said:

Aha, in the hidden Q&A:

Yeah so it’s pre-registered because they do all the documentation and verification in advance. Once it connects to a Thailand network it’s activated. That’s actually true for most global sims in India like Matrix and others. So no days lost, no wastage.

I like DTAC and have been with them for years.  I actually got my DTAC sim many years ago whilst in Pattaya.  I think I got it from a 7/11 shop.  And I still have the same number.  During each trip I would go to a 7/11 shop and top up my credit. Each time I added money it would extend the date that my money would expire. Which I think would mean I would lose the number BUT I would top up my money so often that my credit wouldnt expire before my next trip.

A few years ago I bought a new phone which had a micro sim so my DTAC sim wouldn't fit.  NO PROBLEM.  The first trip after buying this new phone I went to the DTAC shop in Central Festival with my passport. They registered the number to me and they gave me a 3G micro sim that worked straight away.  And they also gave me a 4G sim aand told me to wait 4 days before fitting the 4G sim to my phone.  They need that time to let DTAC know that I have a 4G sim.  Four days later I fitted my 4G sim and everything was OK.

Also at the beginning of each trip I always go to the DTAC shop in Central Festival and buy a months package with loads of DATA.

• 4 weeks later...

I have enabled international roaming the first time I bought the Dtac tourist sim in airport, it’s been 3 years and I still use it.. I use the dtac app to top up my sim from India and then they have some app exclusive deals like 7 days 9gb data for 110 thb or similar 100mbps speed. I use them for my trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone tried this yet? Seems like a good option. Do you get confirmation that its per-activated after sending the passport details? If for some reason it does not work then I guess you have no where to complain.

The other companies like AIS does not seem to be available (Atleast in amazon india)

I have and it works really well. Try it, its worth it.

Archived