IGNORED

Bars that sell Bitter

blue1878

Soon I will be flying to Thailand and spending a month in Pattaya.  During that time I will be drinking lots and lots of lager.  This I don't mind to much because when I first started drinking I mainly drank lager but for a number of years now I prefer drinking pints of bitter.

So during my upcoming trip to Pattaya I would love to have the occasional drink in Bitter.  It will make a nice change from drinking Lager all the time. 

the last time I was in Pattaya was last December/January for 28 nights.  And the Robin Hood in the Avenue and bitter on draught. So I visited there a few times.

I think Ruby bar was supposed to have sold an american IPA but when I visited there they didnt have any on sale

So I was wondering if anybody knows of bars and pubs in Pattaya that sold Bitter

Thanks in advance

Loads of places sell bitter, usually the larger Brit and Irish type of bars. Then you have the excellent Aussie VBs as well available in a lot of places as well. You tend not to find it though in the smaller beer bars purely because it is expensive stock to keep as its virtually always imported thus pricey. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/11/2018 at 19:04, Hamchang said:

Loads of places sell bitter, usually the larger Brit and Irish type of bars. Then you have the excellent Aussie VBs as well available in a lot of places as well. You tend not to find it though in the smaller beer bars purely because it is expensive stock to keep as its virtually always imported thus pricey. 

There's no such word in the drinking vocabulary in Ireland , but yes Irish style pubs stock it for our neighbours who might wander in , but don't ask for a pint of bitter in Ireland .. I'm 71 and I have never tasted it it.... is it ... eh... Bitter ?  

5 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

There's no such word in the drinking vocabulary in Ireland , but yes Irish style pubs stock it for our neighbours who might wander in , but don't ask for a pint of bitter in Ireland .. I'm 71 and I have never tasted it it.... is it ... eh... Bitter ?  

Lol no!

it just tastes nasty. Thats all you need to know.

Queen vic Soi 6 use to do tetley bitter on draught not been for a while  .. I did try it once about felt rough as hell after. One thing you have to remember is if they have draught not many people may be drinking it and so the pipes may not be as clean as they should.  ( not saying this was the cause in the VIC) 

I would stick with bottled if you can unless you are sure of the hygiene of the place needed to produce a good clean draught pint. 

9 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

Semantics. Having lived in kilkenny I can assure you that not only do the Irish make bitter, they make it very well, not least because it is not bitter :D

12 hours ago, Hamchang said:

Semantics. Having lived in kilkenny I can assure you that not only do the Irish make bitter, they make it very well, not least because it is not bitter :D

Are you referring to Smitwicks ? No Irish person has ever called Smithwicks by the name bitter ... as in a pint of smitwicks bitter please..  So that's what bitter is ... ale ? Smithwicks is a lovely product, for those who find stout a bit heavy. 

On 02/12/2018 at 04:22, Terryofcrete said:

Are you referring to Smitwicks ? No Irish person has ever called Smithwicks by the name bitter ... as in a pint of smitwicks bitter please..  So that's what bitter is ... ale ? Smithwicks is a lovely product, for those who find stout a bit heavy. 

It's a nice drop to be sure... to be sure 

Archived