IGNORED

Fast Track through Immigration

blue1878

58 minutes ago, maliminer said:

they have done away with the cards for fast track, all you need is the stub from you're boarding pass to prove you flew business class.

Yes. That started on 1 July.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, maliminer said:

they have done away with the cards for fast track, all you need is the stub from you're boarding pass to prove you flew business class.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Next year I'm going to be coming back on EVA to BKK, and then transferring to a Thai Smile flight to Udon about four hours later (also at BKK). I'm wondering if the service would make it that much easier for me going from an International flight to a domestic one (at the same airport). I'm going to have to claim checked bags from EVA and then check bags onto my Thai Smile flight. I'm trying ~not~ to spend the night in Bangkok. :-) 

My EVA flight is back in the cheap seats, my Thai Smile flight going home is up front in the premium seats (so I can easily change my Udon ticket if I need to).

27 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Next year I'm going to be coming back on EVA to BKK, and then transferring to a Thai Smile flight to Udon about four hours later (also at BKK). I'm wondering if the service would make it that much easier for me going from an International flight to a domestic one (at the same airport). I'm going to have to claim checked bags from EVA and then check bags onto my Thai Smile flight. I'm trying ~not~ to spend the night in Bangkok. :-) 

My EVA flight is back in the cheap seats, my Thai Smile flight going home is up front in the premium seats (so I can easily change my Udon ticket if I need to).

I used it for going from Thai Airways from Australia to BBK then going to domestic to Thai Smile for Udon Thani with a two hours gap.  Was worried I might not make it if the international line was blocked up at immigration.  Got through no worries with the fast track but the main difference with me and you is that I didn't have any checked luggage.

3 minutes ago, Mognam said:

I used it for going from Thai Airways from Australia to BBK then going to domestic to Thai Smile for Udon Thani with a two hours gap.  Was worried I might not make it if the international line was blocked up at immigration.  Got through no worries with the fast track but the main difference with me and you is that I didn't have any checked luggage.

Thank you. Having done the process before, would you recommend the extra golf cart and porter service. I think the golf cart part might be handy coming in from the United States (20 hours). I'm not sure about the porter service, but it may be handy as well getting a little help going from baggage claim to domestic check in. I've never bothered with any of this before, but I've never tried doing a privately arranged connecting domestic flight on the same day before either. :-) 

28 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Thank you. Having done the process before, would you recommend the extra golf cart and porter service.

I can't comment on the golf cart or porter service as I haven't used them.  But you said you got four hours between flights so I don't think time is really going to be an issue.  Really depends if you're willing to pay the extra to be less stressed and more relaxed during the transfer.  When I did it the guy just took us to the fast track immigration.  We didn't pay for the fast track at the domestic end.

Hopefully for you they'll eventually do immigration at Udon Thani and then you'll be able to just transfer through without dealing with immigration at BBK. (although I don't see this happening anytime soon)

Just booked fast track for the first time for my arrival on January 1st. Since I'll be landing 14:30 I expect long lines at immigration. Let's see how this works out :)

For  pax w/carry -on luggage only service may be OK, for all others there will likely still be wait at the carousel  and money wasted.

3 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

For  pax w/carry -on luggage only service may be OK, for all others there will likely still be wait at the carousel  and money wasted.

Carry on only this time for me, it's only a 11 day trip so don't want to waste time :)

5 minutes ago, AM.DB9 said:

Carry on only this time for me, it's only a 11 day trip so don't want to waste time :)

10 min saved is one more ST in Patts so go for it

I was using BFS since 2012 for all my economy class arrivals into BKK

A couple of times I flew into DMK (and later, BKK) and used Limousine Services.

I have never booked the cart but have been in one once. I think the Thai girl didn't want to walk all the way to immigration.  No argument from me.  Don't remember which one but I think it was BFS.

I used Limousine Services in April this year on an economy class ticket.  No issues.

Unless anyone has more up to date info I will assume they are still operating.

I am arriving on a Biz class ticket next week so I won't need their services this time but will also be interested if they are still open for business for economy class travellers. 

Not sure what porter service is, or if it is an extra, but on all occasions they would greet me at the air-bridge or near as possible. 

Take my carry-on and get my through immigration quick.  A couple of times immigration opened another window for us when there was a bit of a queue (maybe 4 or 5 in a couple of queues).  Must pay a bit of commission for that privilege ha-ha. 

They wait for my bags on the carousel, if I had checked bags, while I went for a slash or I got a sim-card (once they were inside customs).

Then they would look after my bag(s) while I went and got some beers etc for the taxi ride and either hand me over to my taxi booking or their own driver.

It's a bit of lottery on how big the queues can be at immigration.

So you can gamble and hope for the best or pay for some insurance and not leave it to chance.

Up to you.

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

I used Limousine Services in September and they were operating as normal.  A cute girl met me and the rest is history.  555

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't flown out of Swampy for over five years. For those of you who do so routinely, is there much value in fast tracking on departure? I did go ahead and pre-pay fast track for my return (BKK Arrival) since I can recall a few arrival experiences that were less than enjoyable. I can't really recall BKK departure which leads me to think it's not all that bad.

5 hours ago, Garzan said:

I haven't flown out of Swampy for over five years. For those of you who do so routinely, is there much value in fast tracking on departure? I did go ahead and pre-pay fast track for my return (BKK Arrival) since I can recall a few arrival experiences that were less than enjoyable. I can't really recall BKK departure which leads me to think it's not all that bad.

Departure can get quite busy but in my recent experiences, there wouldn't be much value in fast tracking unless you have the extra cash to throw around. 

Just now, Garzan said:

i used to get fast tracked by my airline as an economy freq flyer. no more. so i've only been up the escalator twice. 1 was 5/6 min. other 45. luck of the draw.

57 minutes ago, striderman said:

i used to get fast tracked by my airline as an economy freq flyer. no more. so i've only been up the escalator twice. 1 was 5/6 min. other 45. luck of the draw.

This is the annoyance that would drive people to use a fast track service since effectively the airport removed this airline given benefit.

Pity the fast track services don't see this and offer the departure VIP security/immo without their bundled lounge service (previous FF fast-trackers already have airline lounge access)

My last 3 trips over the last 6 months I arrive at noon Saturday or Sunday and have had 5-15 min waits,  my departures are about 1 pm Also Saturday’s or Sunday’s and have had waits of 45-60 mins but prior trips it’s been reversed. Hard to find a rhyme or reason. I used to always purchase the fast track but had a few trips in a row where I could see the regular lines were short so figured I would stop spending the money. I plan to use it again in February for departure. I’m usually more rushed on exit as and prefer to have the extra time to relax and grab a bite in the lounge.

At least in the fast track security line I don’t seem to get behind a family who has no idea how to proceed or that they could have used the wait as an opportunity to dig their passports out from the deepest crevices of their bags instead of waiting until they got to the officer. 

1 hour ago, regyai said:

Pity the fast track services don't see this and offer the departure VIP security/immo without their bundled lounge service (previous FF fast-trackers already have airline lounge access)

The current provider does offer this. They get me to priority immigration line and are off. 

2 hours ago, striderman said:

so i've only been up the escalator twice. 1 was 5/6 min. other 45. luck of the draw.

That's the saddest journey ever innit' ?!!  up that bleedin' escalator 555

Mr magoo.

1 hour ago, Mr magoo said:

That's the saddest journey ever innit' ?!!  up that bleedin' escalator 555

Mr magoo.

The taxi is even worse prolonged sadness. Last time, the driver was even playing sad Thai music. Luckily I'm here for a long time this time.

• 1 month later...

I got the following from Bangkok limousine: 

Due to the fact that all passengers need to be funneled through the body temperature scanning areas now, it will not be possible to bring golf carts (airport buggies) to or from the gates over the next few days.
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Booked carts will be canceled and refunded, until further notice.

This annoys the Fuck outta me as I'm a Fat Lazy bastard and want to spend my energy Fucking not walking around the airport.

No issues at Changi providing the same service.

Number of little hacks peeps might be interested in.

When I come to Thailand I often take side trips to other areas.
I fly business class to BKK but the side trips always in economy.
When the flight crew were distributing the fast passes I would ask for extra, if I was ever challenged said they were for my kids in economy. Passes were usually collected or cancelled at immigration.

This time it's just the boarding pass. They won't withhold that (needed for customs etc) So I will just keep representing it as required. 

They just glance at the business part (in big type).

• Like 2

I've not used fast track for a couple of years but I've upgraded myself for my flight out later this week.

I'm sure I read that they had changed the location of the fast track desk but I can't find anything on it.

Can anyone confirm its location?

5 minutes ago, BlooBell said:

I've not used fast track for a couple of years but I've upgraded myself for my flight out later this week.

I'm sure I read that they had changed the location of the fast track desk but I can't find anything on it.

Can anyone confirm its location?

It is a new layout.

Went through last night. They are constructing a temporary pen. Ask staff at that point.  

Edited by Setanter

Afternoon Guys, I believe there is a fast track lane for flight crew, monks, pregnant and over 70?

I'm 5 months off 70 do you reckon its worth trying?