IGNORED

Fast Track through Immigration

blue1878

1 minute ago, tez4life said:

I'd love to book the den bus but you seen how much it is pmsl. Rather wait another couple hours to empty my sack

Yes the price is off putting which is why I've never booked.  I usually arrive in Pattaya late morning so I take my time sorting myself out at the hotel and then go out in the afternoon to empty my sack.

Having said that I have stayed in the same hotel for a number of years.  And it would be great to turn up at the hotel in the Devil Dens vehicle  plus a couple of girls.  I'd love to see the reaction of the staff  lol

5 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Yes the price is off putting which is why I've never booked.  I usually arrive in Pattaya late morning so I take my time sorting myself out at the hotel and then go out in the afternoon to empty my sack.

Having said that I have stayed in the same hotel for a number of years.  And it would be great to turn up at the hotel in the Devil Dens vehicle  plus a couple of girls.  I'd love to see the reaction of the staff  lol

Don't think they come to your room after to empty your suitcase do they? Otherwise that would be a pretty good deal lol.

Just now, tez4life said:

Don't think they come to your room after to empty your suitcase do they? Otherwise that would be a pretty good deal lol.

No

But I presume that the girls will still be in the van when I get dropped off at the hotel. And will say a quick goodbye before I enter the hotel. My hotel has bell boys and security that patrols the car park.  And they have worked at the hotel for years.  So it would be fun to see there faces when I get dropped off by 2 sexy girls lol

17 minutes ago, tez4life said:

A limousine to me being British is the long stretched cars. But this is thailand I guess

You get to choose when you book the cheapest option is a Camry and fast track 2500 baht,you can have a merc or a big 60 seater bus if you want.stretch limousines are available.

3 minutes ago, adammike said:

You get to choose when you book the cheapest option is a Camry and fast track 2500 baht,you can have a merc or a big 60 seater bus if you want.stretch limousines are available.

Confusion is that on the options it says Toyota Camry limousine

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

Next time I might think about using the Limo service.  The only thing I've got against using the Limo service is that for my trip next month I am only paying 1100 baht to a Pattaya taxi service to meet me at the airport and take me to my hotel.

What are the Limo's like??

It was a very good modern vehicle, got taken straight through customs check and straight to the waiting Limo, quick and easy....

2 hours ago, yozz said:

It was a very good modern vehicle, got taken straight through customs check and straight to the waiting Limo, quick and easy....

Sounds good might book it next year

Daft question time - I presume the person waiting for you as you get off the plane and takes you through immigration waits with you at the Carousel whilst your waiting for your suitcase.  And then takes you to the Limo

I sometimes fly economy but mainly fly business. I thought I was a smart arse as when I was flying business and the queue was short, I would save my fast track (premium lane) voucher for when it was busy. Worked perfectly for years until they changed the vouchers :-)

I am flying Eva PE from Chicago next Friday so I may invest in the fast track service.

prem lane.jpg

I'm new to Thailand so my view may change after more trips, but so far, my view is I've travelled for 20 hours or so to get to BKK, so a little while getting through the airport doesn't bug me, as it's a small part of the overall journey time.

I'd take a Camry over the other vehicles which seem to be on offer as the rear seat refinement is definitely better IMO than that of a Fortuner - which seems to be the SUV of choice - and possibly the other vehicles on offer, as well.

Both times I've been to Thailand I think I've been collected from BKK in a Camry and taken back in a Fortuner - the Camry was way better.

Edited by nekkid

19 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Sounds good might book it next year

Daft question time - I presume the person waiting for you as you get off the plane and takes you through immigration waits with you at the Carousel whilst your waiting for your suitcase.  And then takes you to the Limo

Yes i presume they do, but as i only had a carry on bag i did not need to go to the carousel, but the person who met me off the plane did ask me if i needed to collect any bags off the carousel, and once i had gone through customs i was handed on to another attendant and the first attendant informed the second attendant that i had no bags to collect then i was taken straight to the Limo, but i am pretty certain they will not leave you by yourself  while waiting for your bags, because how are you expected to find the Limo

I have booked BFS, they said fast track immigration is available to business class ticket holders so I booked them. Hope its ok 

3 minutes ago, Yogi007 said:

I have booked BFS, they said fast track immigration is available to business class ticket holders so I booked them. Hope its ok 

Booked them for what; you get fast track with business class anyway don't you?

Just had a look and it's only for first or business class passengers so no good for economy class.

7 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Electric cart service?

2 hours ago, Jaws56 said:

Just had a look and it's only for first or business class passengers so no good for economy class.

BFS only do first and business class. Bangkok Air Limousine will do fast track for economy.  Used them recently.

https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html

Just booked on Mognams recommendation and they accepted payment and sent booking information so far so good. Thanks Mognam

22 minutes ago, Jaws56 said:

Just booked on Mognams recommendation and they accepted payment and sent booking information so far so good. Thanks Mognam

let us know how you get on please.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:29, bullseye said:

yes you do

I only get the 'Premium Pass' on my flights into BKK flying business/first with Delta/Korean Air.

I didn't realize I could also get 'Fast Track'.

Thanks for the heads up.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Arrive on the 17th so I'll let you know how it goes.

You might want to check that fast track lane access. A few months ago DMK and BKK restricted that. Some agencies discontinued the service and credit cards that gave that perk, have stopped the service. If you pay for some premium agency you might find that you still get a limousine/meet and greet/cup of coffee/etc but NOT the fast track immigration.

Last year, other websites were reporting the fast track queues were becoming longer than normal queues. After all, it is meant to be a business/first class ticket perk and too many people are getting in by other means. The same is happening at Business Lounges, which often say "we are full" to credit card/mutli-pass customers and will only let in Bus/1st class pax. Not sure if they even stop someone who paid in advance through LoungeBuddy or similar. That would be annoying. 

Anyway, Ive been through immigration over 50 times at both DMK/BKK and never waited more than 30 minutes so I think the service is pointless.

But it would be good if someone reports as soon as this service is back up running. Note that fast track pass 'agency/credit card' is not the same as Bus/1st class fast-track or priority lane for the elderly etc. 

I also heard that if you come through with a Thai national partner (doesnt have to be a wife) you can go into the priority lane. I was offered this recently by an officer, but the normal lane was moving quick so didnt try. I imagine it is down to the officer on the day and you could get turned back.

On 12/11/2018 at 13:19, Ru4Real said:

Not all airlines stump up the few baht for this benefit even in J.

Cathay does, Thai has its own facility, but I'd not guarantee, say, Aeroflot.

When I leave the number of people using the departure version has never been huge and a lot are VIPs or crew or monks so it's cannot be literally every airline. 

19 minutes ago, ricktoronto said:

Not all airlines stump up the few baht for this benefit even in J.

Good point.

• 8 months later...

they have done away with the cards for fast track, all you need is the stub from you're boarding pass to prove you flew business class.