Jump to content

Jomtien: Pizza Art --> Di Nicola


Recommended Posts

Looks like Pizza Art is closed. This is the place next to the entrance to View Talay 2 on Thappraya. I had stopped in from time to time based on Kerggerz' comments. I liked their pizza, which I seldom eat. I would grab one of their Salami Sandwiches when in a bit of a hurry for supper. Not sure if they have moved or just closed up shop.

The location is already open again (one day turnaround) as Di Nicola. The cuisines on the menu are Pizza, Southern Italian, and Thai. The owner and chef (Nick) has had a place in one of the Thappraya boy bar alleys near here for a number of years. He moved to this location. Not sure if the menu has changed much, but I suspect not. A few friends and I stopped in last night for opening night. His business is already quite good.

All agreed that the Thai food was very good.

One guy ordered spaghetti and meatballs, which he really liked.

I have friends who are friends of Nick, so I am not going to elaborate much more. That would be inappropriate and potentially quite awkward.

A few pics:

IMG_1956.thumb.JPG.ec2e00b10330ba86fb3ba41befd890a0.JPG

 

IMG_1959.thumb.JPG.83a52806dd389656a28620454256a384.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jiz said:

So it’s safe to go here now? The proprietor of Pizza Art was beating up the complainers I recall. Lol. 

I was unaware of the beat downs. :)

Nick is very amiable and I can not imagine that he will be punching anybody out. I did notice that the former owner seemed to be a little rough on the staff, if he thought they screwed something up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Tried the pizza at Di Nicola tonight. Split a mushroom, ham, and olive with a friend. The pizza was pretty good and cost 280.

IMG_2036.thumb.JPG.a70c47fa7de85de047ae1786156a3758.JPG

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Da Nicola has closed until October 1st.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Da Nicola is open again. The owner is stuck in Australia, but his staff are trying to make a go of it. We spoke to them the other day and business is really bad.

On the other hand, I have discovered NY Pizza delivery. :Dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
southsidebruce
2 hours ago, Dutcher said:

Is that this one https://www.newyorkpizza.co.th ? You recommend them?

When I order pizza delivery, I get pizza from NY Pizza (and yes, that is the correct web URL).  I like their pizza and their hot sandwiches (meatball parmesan sub, Italian pepper sub).  Not as good a high quality pizza establishment back in the States, but good for here/Thailand.  When my TGF orders pizza, it is always from Pizza Company.  I like their pizzas as well, but not as much as a large medium crust pizza with jalapeños, garlic, and black olives - that I get from NY Pizza...

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, southsidebruce said:

When I order pizza delivery, I get pizza from NY Pizza (and yes, that is the correct web URL).  I like their pizza and their hot sandwiches (meatball parmesan sub, Italian pepper sub).  Not as good a high quality pizza establishment back in the States, but good for here/Thailand.  When my TGF orders pizza, it is always from Pizza Company.  I like their pizzas as well, but not as much as a large medium crust pizza with jalapeños, garlic, and black olives - that I get from NY Pizza...

Their meatball subs are great in my opinion and so is the spaghetti and meatballs for 145฿.

 

If you want parmesan cheese ask for it otherwise they won't give it to you. It's a small package so maybe ask for two. 

 

The mixed salad for 95฿ is a large simple salad. I like it and always order, it along with spaghetti/meatballs. 

 

I have been ordering and had it delivered or I picked up that meal for awhile. So much so that when I call or walk in they say "spaghetti and salad"! 

 

Until the 1st of this month I lived on Soi 15 and was there once sometimes twice a week.

 

I live in Jomtien now, but drove there last week for takeaway and will continue whenever I have the taste for it. :)

 

 

Edited by Rocketboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, southsidebruce said:

When I order pizza delivery, I get pizza from NY Pizza (and yes, that is the correct web URL).  I like their pizza and their hot sandwiches (meatball parmesan sub, Italian pepper sub).  Not as good a high quality pizza establishment back in the States, but good for here/Thailand.  ......

Agreed. I like their Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza. It gets to my door over in Jomtien in just over 30 minutes and it has always been delivered hot with no delivery damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
southsidebruce
9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Agreed. I like their Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza. It gets to my door over in Jomtien in just over 30 minutes and it has always been delivered hot with no delivery damage.

But when going out to a restaurant for pizza, I like Pala Romana (forget its changed/new name) in Terminal 21 near the movie theatre... Pizza by the slice... I have had their pizza for several years - first when they opened a small restaurant in the bottom floor of Siam Paragon (in Bangkok), and then after they moved to a new location a few years later near the MRT and BTS entrances of Asok... there is another real good Italian restaurant in Terminal 21 a floor below where Pala is located... Forget its name as well, but it also features pizza by the slice... They also have real good authentic Italian style cookies, and other taste sensations as well...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsidebruce said:

But when going out to a restaurant for pizza, I like Pala Romana (forget its changed/new name) in Terminal 21 near the movie theatre... Pizza by the slice... I have had their pizza for several years - first when they opened a small restaurant in the bottom floor of Siam Paragon (in Bangkok), and then after they moved to a new location a few years later near the MRT and BTS entrances of Asok... there is another real good Italian restaurant in Terminal 21 a floor below where Pala is located... Forget its name as well, but it also features pizza by the slice... They also have real good authentic Italian style cookies, and other taste sensations as well...

Can also get pizza by the slice at Bronx pizza https://bronxpizzapattaya.com . 1 slice 70, 2 slice 125 baht. I enjoyed their pizza. Did you ever try that one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
southsidebruce
Just now, Dutcher said:

Can also get pizza by the slice at Bronx pizza https://bronxpizzapattaya.com . 1 slice 70, 2 slice 125 baht. I enjoyed their pizza. Did you ever try that one?

yes, I tried their pizza several iterations ago (a few years ago), when it was located on Soi Diana, where now they are building a new HISO (real nice) high rise condo... and it was real good as well... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.