IGNORED

ThaiThai Kitchen on Soi 15 Near Soi Buakhao

Evil Penevil

thanks for the review. i only went once and was underwhelmed by the portion size (even though i already knew from another thread that they are small). so just be aware of it. otherwise agree with above review. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Thanks for that. Added to the list for next trip. Need me some som tam varieties. 

@Madzar very close to our lodgings 

There is a previous thread on this place. Evil's review is deeper than that one and much appreciated. Just as a point of reference here is a link to the previous thread.

The older thread does get a little off topic (a hard boiled egg discussion). In general, those of us who are ok with smaller portions at a reduced price really like the place and very much agree with Evil's review. Those who are bigger eaters tend to be a little disappointed with the serving size.

I would half that portion of rice to keep the proportions (calorie) balanced. Thats the problem with some of these cheap thai food options.

I went almost every day there in my last trip. I used to say that it was like street food but with a higienic plus. 

Yes, portions are small but i always get two dishes. Never left hungry.

• 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, striderman said:

These photos indicating that it is closing ?

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Just now, neo1011 said:

it was shut today when i went past around 13.00 hrs.

5 hours ago, striderman said:

it was shut today when i went past around 13.00 hrs.

They regularly (like, once every 3 weeks or so) close for a day without giving notice. Or they did last two trips...

On 30/10/2018 at 19:53, Jous said:

I went almost every day there in my last trip. I used to say that it was like street food but with a higienic plus. 

Yes, portions are small but i always get two dishes. Never left hungry.

Great point.

That's also my take on this style place, I have no issue with the small portion and tend to treat it like a Tapas style meal, which is a great concept, so you go with the missus and share 3 or 4 different dishes. Also, give opportunity to experiment with new dishes, if it is crap, no big deal, couple of bucks wrote off, and majority of times, missus will scoff it anyway.

Hope it is still in business, please update status somebody.

14 hours ago, neo1011 said:

A thread was started on here (by someone who knew the owner) saying that it was up for sale.

The reason if I remember was that they wanted to concentrate on their other businesses.

Edited by Taa_Saparot

23 hours ago, imitebee said:

They regularly (like, once every 3 weeks or so) close for a day without giving notice. Or they did last two trips...

went by today and open and trading

1410622320_27aug011(Custom).JPG.d56370be726048e1c1526aebec5dc595.JPG

It only closed for one day because the staff all wanted to go to the Sunday market for some reason. I suspect an excavator working immediately opposite may have had something to do with it as well.

I was eating there a few times noodle soup, it's ok but not really a highlight.

Allways find a place for to sit, it's never full with customers.

It's like a street kitchen + ....but with fan and toilet.

• 3 months later...

well it's been for sale for a long time , and it's been closed for a while and now finito in the old format

taken today

997103848_23dec003(Custom).JPG.6f771966bc9623b748e93bf617dfcc4d.JPG

another BM told me today it will become a coffee/cake place. 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, striderman said:

now reopened in the new format

199105840_20feb003(Custom).JPG.53e1c0604891d8b1013bc3c6b107761d.JPG

1332217832_9feb005(Custom).JPG.0a5b83dcfe0204cfba44bd0de6179e48.JPG

been open since feb 14th............

1637231060_30jan001(Custom).JPG.2867ef383a69d0bd2230d81f05dd10e3.JPG

Has anyone tried it yet?

Given its position if it did not work as Thai Thai (which I used often) unless it can build a customer base on some sort of reputation I fear it will struggle.

I am getting a bit of a complex as over my last few trips, my favourite bar in MIT changed hands due to the owners ill health and dived bombed when sold on, another bar I used often has changed hands but so far seems to have been regenerated.

My guesthouse I used over 5 years since it opened is now gone ( I think the change in guesthouse regulations was the reason).

1 hour ago, geezerrb said:

Has anyone tried it yet?

Given its position if it did not work as Thai Thai (which I used often) unless it can build a customer base on some sort of reputation I fear it will struggle.

I am getting a bit of a complex as over my last few trips, my favourite bar in MIT changed hands due to the owners ill health and dived bombed when sold on, another bar I used often has changed hands but so far seems to have been regenerated.

My guesthouse I used over 5 years since it opened is now gone ( I think the change in guesthouse regulations was the reason).

Just look at this way geezerrb. If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't  have any lol.      :)

18 minutes ago, Tigers2017 said:

Just look at this way geezerrb. If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't  have any lol.      :)

Fortunately I have had my share of good that outweighs the bad 555.