IGNORED

Having Problems with the site

jed§

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:46, blue1878 said:

You cant sort it so its got to be my end lol

I've been accessing this site for years through Google Chrome and its always been OK until this site started having problems a few months ago.

So it's PA's problem....Deal with it

I have no problems with any of the features using Google Chrome, FireFox and Internet Explorer with both my laptop and desk top. 

Once in a while I would with IP, but after clearing out my browser worked fine.

On my Samsung Tablet I use Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat) and a few times couldn't access all the features on PA.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 minute ago, LeoTex said:

I have no problems with any of the features using Google Chrome, FireFox and Internet Explorer with both my laptop and desk top. 

Once in a while I would with IP, but after clearing out my browser worked fine.

On my Samsung Tablet I use Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat) and a few times couldn't access all the features on PA.

LeoTex 

I never had a problem accessing PA's until Pattaya Addicts started having big problems last year.  This year whenever I enter PA through Google Chrome I can post stuff but cannot add emoji's or video to the posts.

In Opera Browser I can add emoji's to my posts and can sometimes(but not always) add video's to my posts.

A certain moderator would like  me to think that the problem is with my computer but I have checked it out and it is working fine.  If it was my computer wouldnt I have had these problems before(as well as after) PA's major problems last year.

On 08/02/2019 at 22:46, blue1878 said:

You cant sort it so its got to be my end lol

I've been accessing this site for years through Google Chrome and its always been OK until this site started having problems a few months ago.

So it's PA's problem....Deal with it

Thousands of us use Google Chrome every day and no issues at all for a LONG time. The problem IS therefore at your end.

Have you tried a hard clear of the Chrome cache i.e. not ctrl F5 but actually go into Chrome settings and run a full cache clearance? Chrome is quite notorious for this so please try it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

13 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I never had a problem accessing PA's until Pattaya Addicts started having big problems last year.  This year whenever I enter PA through Google Chrome I can post stuff but cannot add emoji's or video to the posts.

In Opera Browser I can add emoji's to my posts and can sometimes(but not always) add video's to my posts.

A certain moderator would like  me to think that the problem is with my computer but I have checked it out and it is working fine.  If it was my computer wouldnt I have had these problems before(as well as after) PA's major problems last year.

I'm a little illiterate  when it comes to computers.

On one of my postings today, I added a emoii using Google Chrome Operating System when logged in to PA. I have never added a video to my post so can't be helpful there.

LeoTex

I just came back to add; I'm using Windows 7 on both my laptop and desktop, again I don't have a clue if that makes a difference.

Edited by LeoTex
add text

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

5 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Thousands of us use Google Chrome every day and no issues at all for a LONG time. The problem IS therefore at your end.

Have you tried a hard clear of the Chrome cache i.e. not ctrl F5 but actually go into Chrome settings and run a full cache clearance? Chrome is quite notorious for this so please try it.

Hi whitespider I'm not trying to be funny but I never had a problem with PA before PA's big problems last year. It's just seems strange I cannot add emoji's and video's this year(post PA problems)

21 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

A certain moderator would like  me to think that the problem is with my computer but I have checked it out and it is working fine.

No need to be shy, feel free to name me.

Help us to help you, what exactly have you done?

Have you tried an incognito tab as suggested in November?

Have you cleared all PA cookies? (I wouldn't go as far as Whitespider suggested yet, target PA cookies: Settings > Content Settings > Cookies > See all cookies and site data then search for PA and delete just them)

2 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Have you cleared all PA cookies? (I wouldn't go as far as Whitespider suggested yet, target PA cookies: Settings > Content Settings > Cookies > See all cookies and site data then search for PA and delete just them)

What is a incognito tab lol

Thats a new one on me

3 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

What is a incognito tab lol

Thats a new one on me

It's basically browsing "privately" as in no cookies, trackers etc. By opening PA in an incognito window any cookies you already have on the system are not recognised. Hit Ctrl+ Shift + N to open a new window/tab in incognito mode.

Got to go to work.

If everything works in an incognito window then it's definitely an issue with cookies so nuke them as per my previous post (so as not to nuke other sites cookies which is a pain in the arse).

36 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Hi whitespider I'm not trying to be funny but I never had a problem with PA before PA's big problems last year. It's just seems strange I cannot add emoji's and video's this year(post PA problems)

Hi mate

TRY the things RU suggests first

Yes you are correct Chrome started behaving very oddly at around the same time as the major upgrade a few months back and most of us using Chrome had the same problem. However, in our case at least, this was all resolved by clearing caches, either totally or those just relating to PA as RU suggests. I had EXACTLY the same issues as you until i cleared the cache.

This "fix" has actually been mentioned several times in this thread.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

8 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

I have windows 10 on my Laptop.  I have gone to Settings and there is no Content Settings so sadly cannot do what you suggest.

I seem to be having trouble to send a pm, anyone else having problems with that . after writing the pm, it will not send, just times out.

using windows 10 and firefox

Edited by thairak
addition

36 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I have windows 10 on my Laptop.  I have gone to Settings and there is no Content Settings so sadly cannot do what you suggest.

It's not a Windows Settings, but Chrome Settings. This link should get you directly to the Chrome settings page for clearing cookies and site data.

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData?search=clear+

Edited to add: The above isn't like a link you normally would click on to get to a page. Instead you'll need to C&P the above into the Chrome address bar and then hit Enter to bring up the settings dialog box for Chrome. You can also access Chrome settings by clicking the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon in the upper right corner.

image.png

Edited by forcebwithu

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

Yeah, sorry about that, as forcebwithu explained Chrome settings not Windows. 

I think I need to get a life, on tenterhooks waiting to hear the result 555

Have you tried in incognito mode yet? That's probably a faster way to see if it's a corrupt cookie.

Well I have just deleted the cookies so I will now see if I can add emoji's and video's lol

First I'll try emoji's: Sadly a failure

Now I'll try adding a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llP8n7n2ou4&t=148s

Sadly another Failure

So as the Thai's would say "mai pen rai"

I'm now in a incognito window so I will try and add emoji's and video here

emoji's :Cross_Fingers:

video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6VVWVjo3k

So in incognito I can post emoji's in a posting but youtube video's wont open

So one out of two isnt bad

So in future I will post in my Opera Browser

In Opera Browser I can always add emoji's and most of the time I can add youtube video's

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help :Clap1:

29 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I'm now in a incognito window so I will try and add emoji's and video here

emoji's :Cross_Fingers:

video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6VVWVjo3k

So in incognito I can post emoji's in a posting but youtube video's wont open

So one out of two isnt bad

So in future I will post in my Opera Browser

In Opera Browser I can always add emoji's and most of the time I can add youtube video's

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help :Clap1:

For links to videos and posts, hit Enter after pasting the link into your reply, then wait. The key is you have to wait until the forum software has time to process the link and convert it to an embedded video or forum post.

Hi forcebwithu I'm going to do what you suggest.  I'll add a video and wait to see if forum  software process it

Well here goes I'm about to add a video link to one of my favourite gogo's in Pattaya.  I'll add the video and walk away from my laptop and after awhile come back to see if its embedded.  I was going to add an emoji here but Google Chrome won't let me even though I have deleted the cookies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8lMCrXFpIo

Well it's been over 10 minutes since I added the video link and it hasnt opened up.

So the bottom line is if I want to add emoji's and video's to a posting I'll have to do it in another browser.  Google Chrome on my laptop won't let me do it.

:hello10:

Both via Google Chrome - looks like Blue1978's lap-top needs an MOT

Edited by kansuwan
typo

7 hours ago, kansuwan said:

:hello10:

Both via Google Chrome - looks like Blue1978's lap-top needs an MOT

The strange thing is I can post it in Opera browser :wacko:

11 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Sadly another Failure

Well that sucks.

Do you have any Chrome plugins installed and if so, which ones? For example I use Scriptsafe and have white listed the majority of scripts run on PA.

21 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Well that sucks.

Do you have any Chrome plugins installed and if so, which ones? For example I use Scriptsafe and have white listed the majority of scripts run on PA.

As far as I'm aware I have no plugins

And I don't think I've done anything between last year when I could add emoji's and video and now.

I just wish I knew someone who is a lot more savvy than me who could take a look at my computer

Anyway it's not the end of the world

• 9 months later...

I stopped receiving emails on threads I follow today. Seems to happen a couple times a year and then they start again after a few weeks or so. 

Anyone experiencing this and is there an easy solution?

I haven't gone through this whole thread or others looking for a solution yet hoping asking here will be quicker. 

25 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

I stopped receiving emails on threads I follow today. Seems to happen a couple times a year and then they start again after a few weeks or so. 

Anyone experiencing this and is there an easy solution?

I haven't gone through this whole thread or others looking for a solution yet hoping asking here will be quicker. 

we had a problem, it should be resolved already, probably catching up.

11 minutes ago, LaaMok said:

we had a problem, it should be resolved already, probably catching up.

Ok. Thanks Brian. I'll post again if I don't see any notifications in the morning.