Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Metformin

dinnergong

11 minutes ago, dinnergong said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Metformin over the counter in Pharmacies?

Assuming generic glucophage is what you need, yes, I've seen it.  I don't actually know if brand-name metformin is available.  Hopefully this answer is useful.  

Always happy to help a fellow monger :)  Stay safe & healthy gentlemen!!!  :hello09:

I buy Siamformet. In Pattaya a bought a box of 100 Metformin Hydrochloride 500mg for 200 Bath in a farmacy around the corner, but now in Korat I pay  only 90 Bath.

Frank

• Like 2

Very easy to get, i usually get mine from  the Fascino Pharmacy on North road, just take in an old pill box or package and they will sort you out, but as other members have said most pharmacies will stock them.

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 02:07, dinnergong said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Metformin over the counter in Pharmacies?

Yes, generic brand Siamformet 500 mg.

Edited by Peeping Tom

• 8 months later...

Is that the standard Metformin? Can you buy the Slow Release version easily - it is supposed to have less of the unpleasant gastric side effects.

• 1 month later...

I recently had to start using metformin. I was also wondering the same thing. I also go learned the generic names here. I love the information sharing on this forum. It's also great to get meds without prescription. What an awesome country Thailand is.

Metformin/Glucophage 500mg i buy from a major pharmacy in Korat at 22bht for a blister pack of 10, cheap as chips and widely available.

NB - Don't buy them from a private hospital unless you're loaded lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 17:48, quietguy77 said:

Is that the standard Metformin? Can you buy the Slow Release version easily - it is supposed to have less of the unpleasant gastric side effects.

In answer to my own question, from looking online it seems only the standard Metformin/Glucophage is widely available at pharmacies in Thailand, not the Slow Release version. I'll get some on my next trip.

2 hours ago, quietguy77 said:

In answer to my own question, from looking online it seems only the standard Metformin/Glucophage is widely available at pharmacies in Thailand, not the Slow Release version. I'll get some on my next trip.

I bought  a box of 1000mg slow release Metformin pills from Facino Pharmacy on North Pattaya rd, last December...i just cannot remember what i paid for a box, but you can get the slow release pills there.

Thanks @yozz! I'll ask around the Jomtien pharmacies for the Slow Release version.

• 2 years later...
On 10/08/2019 at 19:39, quietguy77 said:

Thanks @yozz! I'll ask around the Jomtien pharmacies for the Slow Release version.

Find any ?

13 hours ago, OKAY said:

Find any ?

No, I settled for the standard version which was fine. I've since been prescribed the standard version by my doctor in London, which is also fine for me, though some people get adverse effects and have to take the slow release version.

2 hours ago, quietguy77 said:

No, I settled for the standard version which was fine. I've since been prescribed the standard version by my doctor in London, which is also fine for me, though some people get adverse effects and have to take the slow release version.

Fascino pharmacy ( A few places around but I use the one in Pattaya Nua almost opposite the Tesco complex) has the 1000 mg extended release Metformin. Generic. 

I've been told that there isn't any 500mg Extended Release in Thailand; it is 850 or 1000 Extended Release only. Also that it isn't 'Slow Release', wrong terminology. There is the 500mg regular (Thin coated) version. My solution  is to cut the 500 Thin Coated in half and take before my two meals of the day.

The metformin is out of your system very fast; that is one of the reasons they came up with the Extended Release I'd suppose.  Plus I'll do the blood test to be sure my kidneys and liver keep doing well.

• 1 year later...

I had to get some replacement medication due to my suitcase not making it to Bangkok (still waiting) with my medication. I about 10days requirement in my hand luggage. I went to Fascino North road as mentioned by some of the bm's last week.

Had everything I required. 

Thanks again for the information. 

I can post the prices if any bm's are interested. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mikejon said:

I can post the prices if any bm's are interested. 

Yes, if nothing else ten years from now someone will be interested to compare then and now. I buy Metformin at Fascino on ThepPrasit Rd.

Glucophage (Metformin)  750mg XR  STRIPS OF TEN = 4@129 = 516BT
        (XR means Extended Release). That may be the members price.

1 hour ago, OKAY said:

Yes, if nothing else ten years from now someone will be interested to compare then and now. I buy Metformin at Fascino on ThepPrasit Rd.

Glucophage (Metformin)  750mg XR  STRIPS OF TEN = 4@129 = 516BT
        (XR means Extended Release). That may be the members price.

Are they letting non Thais become members these days ?

14 minutes ago, shadscat said:

The one on Thappraya road tried to sign me up the other day . 

awful stuff made me shit my pants once

I've changed to ozempic once a week 

much better

hard to get hold now though all the fatties are using it for weight loss

On 01/02/2023 at 07:52, shadscat said:

Was Oct of 2021 I was allowed to join/register; the store on North Rd, just east of Lotus on the opposite side of the street.

Re Fascino in some of the above posts.

1) Anyone can be a member, which gives you 5% discount on purchases. (just ask to sign up)

2) There are 2 branches near the BPH.  One branch on Pattaya Klang. One branch on Sukhumvit near Numchai. The main branch on North Pattaya Rd.

3) Some posters mentioned Tepprasit and Pratumnak, but I believe there are no Fascino branches there.

Hope this helps.