IGNORED

First Time Golfing in Pattaya - Looking for advice

wtbt

Hi Everyone,

I recently got back into Golf last year, so this is my first time bringing my clubs to Pattaya.  Unfortunately this trip is one of the shortest I've ever taken, I'm only here for the week until the 22nd.

I was hoping to get maybe 2 rounds in, and since it's only 2 rounds would like to try the best courses.  

Someone mentioned Siam was the best?

Any suggestions on the best way to go play?  Is it ok to do a walk on single later in the day?

Looking forward to any suggestions, and if anyone wants to join for a round, I'm a 24 Handicap, and enjoy playing for fun.

1 hour ago, wtbt said:

Hi Everyone,

I recently got back into golf last year, so this is my first time bringing my clubs to Pattaya.  Unfortunately this trip is one of the shortest I've ever taken, I'm only here for the week until the 22nd.

I was hoping to get maybe 2 rounds in, and since it's only 2 rounds would like to try the best courses.  

Someone mentioned Siam was the best?

Any suggestions on the best way to go play?  Is it ok to do a walk on single later in the day?

Looking forward to any suggestions, and if anyone wants to join for a round, I'm a 24 Handicap, and enjoy playing for fun.

If I were you, I would either contact one of the golfing bars (eg Retox) and see what golf trips they have lined up. Alternatively contact someone like Thaigerline golf on soi Choiapoon, they can sort you out with any course. My personal favorite courses are Bangphra and Kaowkeeow...but being honest, I love playing golf anywhere in LoS.

If you want the best courses probably best to contact Tigerline. The golf bars mostly do the middle of the road courses although i played Laem Chabang a couple times recently. I recommend playing Siam Old and Laem Chabang.

If a 24 handicap, expect to play to 34 handicap

go to the 'Golf club'' bar on soi LK Metro nearly opposite the corner elbow of the soi next to Devils Den

just speak guys there and get your name on the golf day trips, all sorted for you just turn up at the bar

in time for the transport all arranged very well for you

cheers 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Best Value and one Tough Course is Navy 36 Hole in Sattahip....Forget Siam unless your Rich beyond words...All Taxis Know where Putalawon Navy course...Nearest Course to Pattaya would be Phoenix and all Taxis Know where this is also

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Travellors Rest on soi Lengkee are serious about their golf & play good courses & I think you can store your clubs there as well

www.sugarcanemafia.com

3 hours ago, beethoven said:

go to the 'golf club'' bar on soi LK Metro nearly opposite the corner elbow of the soi next to Devils Den

just speak guys there and get your name on the golf day trips, all sorted for you just turn up at the bar

cheers 

The golf club gets my vote I use them every single trip! 

However if it’s Siam your after they don’t tend to go there. Perhaps check out the outback on FB.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, beethoven said:

go to the 'golf club'' bar on soi LK Metro nearly opposite the corner elbow of the soi next to Devils Den

cheers 

+2 for this, we always now use Golf Club on LK Metro and the day has always gone well.  Laem Chabang is the star course on their list but Khao Kheow is also excellent.  We also enjoy Pattaya GC and most of then to be honest.

Just walk in, have a beer.  If you can identify Steve (60s, American and usually at the bar with his laptop) then he's very chatty and sociable.  Just introduce yourself and he will point you at the clipboard on the wall next to the bar where you just put your name down and turn up on the day.

They have a Facebook page where they post the schedules.

Hope this helps

What is the cost typically? Are Left handed clubs readily available for rent?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

You will find it hard to find left handed set ,I got a good set of calloways of eBay and leave them in the place where I stay ,

Thank you everyone for your replies, much appreciated.  I did make the rounds and also met Steve and the Golf Club.  I was familiar with them because they were already my number one breakfast spot.  Personally I think the best French Toast in the world.

They all do seem to have regular trips planned, and I may go that route, but I think I will also inquire with some of the tour companies. Since I am interested in Playing Siam, it may be best to book a custom trip.

I'll report back what I am able to work out.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, james 71 said:

You will find it hard to find left handed set ,I got a good set of calloways of eBay and leave them in the place where I stay ,

The mob on chiayapoon Tigerline {I think} have 3 or 4 left hand sets which you can hire even if you are not playing with them & Travellors Rest have a couple however they are not top quality. Best to bring your own glove as some courses do not stock them for LHs

www.sugarcanemafia.com

12 hours ago, adamjscott said:

What is the cost typically?

This will give you an idea - although not 100% accurate unfortunately. For example Retox are playing Khao Kheow tomorrow and the green fee is only 800 baht which I think is available even if you just walked in.

2018 Oct.pdf

Low season is coming to an end and unfortunately gf prices (green fee but could refer to girl friend as well.......) at many courses will jump up come December.

I am thinking of doing a golf trip to Pattaya as well. I need some advice:

* which end to I hold? The lumpy end or the pointy end?

* I saw Happy Gilmore about 8 times for tips on style and etiquette and technique. Is that enough or should I watch it some more?

I am thinking of doing a golf trip to Pattaya as well. I need some advice:
* which end to I hold? The lumpy end or the pointy end?
* I saw Happy Gilmore about 8 times for tips on style and etiquette and technique. Is that enough or should I watch it some more?
To be fair there are a lot of shit golfers about so you'll fit in fine

I will also be fitting in a few rounds next month and taking the clubs with me , just out of curiosity what course gets the no 1 vote for the best caddy uniforms  I've seen a few you tube vids some wearing nice tight white jeans  

always good to have a good excuse for playing shite 5555

I will also be fitting in a few rounds next month and taking the clubs with me , just out of curiosity what course gets the no 1 vote for the best caddy uniforms  I've seen a few you tube vids some wearing nice tight white jeans  
always good to have a good excuse for playing shite 5555
Siam Old, girls are a cut above the rest, more money and all that

I tried golf a few times, unfortunately I was no good at it, as was endorsed by my 2 cousins (many years ago).

I have tried a couple of times since then but never been able to improve despite coaching from a friend. Bit of a shame as I think the social/ camaraderie side is good but some guys do not have time for a lame duck on the course. JMPE. 

Just an update,

Played with the guys from the Golf Club today, had a fantastic time.  Great group of guys, and for sure have the logistics figured out.

Also just as a review, I tried contacting pattayagolf.com to see if they could set something up at Siam or a similar course, this was before going out with Golf club guys.  No response at all to email, so I don't recommend them.

Doesn't look like I'll get Siam in on this trip, but that's ok, something to look forward to next time, when I am hopefully here for longer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/10/2018 at 04:11, beethoven said:

cheers 

I agree. I’ve golfed with them dozens of times and it’s always gone well. 

Archived