IGNORED

Huhin Beach by drone

Atlas

Hey all,
Spent a couple of days down Huahin a couple of weeks ago.. It was one of the places I had considered to move to instead of Patts. Safe to say that will not be occurring anytime soon...
Not sure what it was, the lack of a 'beach' road like we have here and Jomtien or what it was.. Everything seemed much more expensive, the huge market in the middle of town was well patronised but again just not the sae vibe..

The beaches we went to were pretty good to be honest, not many people as you will see in the video.... The water was clear, the beaches were clear of rubbish and water temp was bath warm ! The sand was different to here also, similar to what we would have in Australia (nearly). Did not notice much of a bar scene, but then I wasn't really looking. Overall it was 'ok', may visit again sometime but for now it is off my list

Made a quick video, my Wife loved the fishing boats..

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nice video.  Maybe I am getting old, but seem to be spending more time over there vs Pattaya the past couple of years.  I do not golf so that is not the attraction and do have quite a different schedule over there vs Pattaya, but am curious when you say everything more expensive as I do not see this at all - hotels, guest houses, food, drinks, and/or sex.  Only thing that seems to be more is the tuk-tuk mafia vs baht bus in Pattaya.   Obviously, if you a go-go person Hua hin does not have this so again cheaper.  As nice as the beach is there compared to Pattaya or Jomtien I spend very little day-time there, but do seem to eat/walk/enjoy it more.  

19 minutes ago, rioman said:

Nice video.  Maybe I am getting old, but seem to be spending more time over there vs Pattaya the past couple of years.  I do not golf so that is not the attraction and do have quite a different schedule over there vs Pattaya, but am curious when you say everything more expensive as I do not see this at all - hotels, guest houses, food, drinks, and/or sex.  Only thing that seems to be more is the tuk-tuk mafia vs baht bus in Pattaya.   Obviously, if you a go-go person Hua hin does not have this so again cheaper.  As nice as the beach is there compared to Pattaya or Jomtien I spend very little day-time there, but do seem to eat/walk/enjoy it more.  

Hey Mate,

Maybe because I live on the Darkside food etc is very cheap and we found that no so over there... But it's not a showstopper by any means, we just noted different prices than what we are used to... Again we are talking 1000's :)

We had our own car so have no idea about other modes of transport. 

As they horses for courses... Perhaps over the last few years I have read lots about it but left a little disappointed… It's like a movie the critics rave about, go have a look and feel underwhelmed :)

Regards, Atlas.

I love Hua Hin. Will be spending new year there again this year.

Some beautiful places and just a mellow relaxed atmosphere. 

absolute top effort , was thinking of buying one but read reports you can get fined for using them , maybe would be ok on a beach with a bit more space around . did it take you long to get familiar in using it .

10 hours ago, onehunglo said:

absolute top effort , was thinking of buying one but read reports you can get fined for using them , maybe would be ok on a beach with a bit more space around . did it take you long to get familiar in using it .

Yes there are stiff penalties apparently... I am putting the paperwork together to get registered, BUT, it would be pretty useless anyway as where I would probably want to shoot are restricted areas anyway, like islands, national parks etc... We tend to go 'out of our way' to find vacant areas with little people around... 

Though I would love to get footage of the Big Buddha carved into the mountain, the Vineyard and all those new places down at Silver lake etc 

Mate I am far from familiar with it... Sadly the battery life is about 17 mins ea ( I have 3) and by the time I sort my shit out I don't get much fly time, but I am getting better :) I am actually an Aircraft Engineer by trade and there was a reason I stayed on the ground and not fly ! It is the same reason I don't play computer games, sever lack of co-ordination :)

Bu tlike all hobbies you seem to be putting your hand in your pocket for 'just one more thing' to go with it :)

Regards, Atlas.

Thanks you. If I could just get the video software to work properly I would be happy :) 

Regards, Atlas.

Archived