Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Colonoscopy Fear

aussieoutcast

7 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

I thought that was called an endoscopy?

Yes, you are correct Harry i had both the endoscopy and colonoscopy both the same time sorry guys for any confusion 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Yes, you are correct Harry i had both the endoscopy and colonoscopy both the same time sorry guys for any confusion 

No problem , just a typo.

Has anyone had a colonoscopy in Thailand?  I'd worry somewhat because of the not ever admitting to a mistake culture. You'd be at a true loss if something went wrong; I doubt it'd get fixed because nobody would admit something went wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/09/2021 at 22:36, OKAY said:

Has anyone had a colonoscopy in Thailand?

That is a great question.  From living in Ohio and later Texas I've had three and will have one every three years if they find something, and every five years if I'm clean.  Anything after June 2022 will be done in Thailand so getting some feedback on that detail would be great.  Two out of the three I've had was done in outpatient at the doctor's office.  One was at a hospital.  I'd assume in Thailand most if not all are done at hospitals.

6 minutes ago, Curator said:

That is a great question.  From living in Ohio and later Texas I've had three and will have one every three years if they find something, and every five years if I'm clean.  Anything after June 2022 will be done in Thailand so getting some feedback on that detail would be great.  Two out of the three I've had was done in outpatient at the doctor's office.  One was at a hospital.  I'd assume in Thailand most if not all are done at hospitals.

Why every five years? Recommended frequency for colonoscopy is every 10 years when you are over 50 years and without added risk factors.  

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

12 hours ago, likeaking said:

Why every five years? Recommended frequency for colonoscopy is every 10 years when you are over 50 years and without added risk factors.  

I think I'm remembering correctly what the doctor told me.  I'm 60 and was told if they find no polyps, I come back in five years.  If I have polyps I come back in three.  I have family history as an added risk factor.

• Like 2

On 12/09/2021 at 10:36, OKAY said:

Has anyone had a colonoscopy in Thailand?  I'd worry somewhat because of the not ever admitting to a mistake culture. You'd be at a true loss if something went wrong; I doubt it'd get fixed because nobody would admit something went wrong.

Had in BNH, Bumrungrad and BPH. All quick, easy and about 15k baht. 

Why would something go wrong just in a Thai Hospital?

Very competent doctors and procedures.

• Like 3

To each their own but no one is shoving a Sony handycam up my ass thank you very much.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

^ Colon cancer is a slow, nasty way to die or live without a colon, if you're lucky.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

9 hours ago, thainet said:

Here in Oz it's always done with a general anaesthetic, so no chance to panic on the operating table.  I hear other places don't do that,  but I don't fancy being awake.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

10 minutes ago, ocka said:

Here in Oz it's always done with a general anaesthetic, so no chance to panic on the operating table.  I hear other places don't do that,  but I don't fancy being awake.

always done with a general anaesthetic

Same here in Thailand. I woke up an hour after the procedure every time.

hear other places don't do that, 

What other places are you talking about???

Caveat

If you really wanted to be awake I'm sure they would allow it, but you would have to sign some type of waiver.

14 minutes ago, thainet said:

always done with a general anaesthetic

Same here in Thailand. I woke up an hour after the procedure every time.

hear other places don't do that, 

Caveat

If you really wanted to be awake I'm sure they would allow it, but you would have to sign some type of waiver.

In OZ you can have a choice of being out to it or not, well quite some time ago that was available.

1 hour ago, Harry Brown said:

In OZ you can have a choice of being out to it or not, well quite some time ago that was available.

5 months ago I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done at the same time in Aus. They gave me the choice of having it with, or without general anaesthetic. I went with them putting me to sleep, as I'm not that brave. I was in and out of the hospital within 4 or 5 hours, and had zero pain or discomfort afterwards.

During the procedure they removed some polyps, they were benign, but the doc told me that if they weren't removed, they do sometimes become cancerous, and by the time symptoms appear, it can sometimes be too late. And that's the point they tell how much time you've got left.

The best part of the whole thing was that they don't need to do another check for 5 years, and that's quite a bit of peace of mind, so I'm very glad that I did it.

Edited by Syco
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, thainet said:

Sorry, I don't remember, but I do recall hearing from guys who had the whole thing done while conscious.

I've had it done three times now,  ages 50, 55 and 59, but had the general anesthetic every time.

Edited by ocka

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I've had a colonoscopy done in Australia, whilst awake, many years ago. They did give me a sedative to relax, but I was well and truly involved.

The treating doctor had what looked like binoculars to see what was happening at the tip of the tube. Bit uncomfortable but not in any way painful. I was fascinated when the doc gave me one half of the binoculars. I was on the journey with him!

I don't know how far into my inner self the tube traveled, but it felt like several meters.

When he arrived at a polyp, he would remove it. It was like a small pair of scissors appeared out of the end of the tube and just snipped it off.

Afterwards I remember being as bloated as I have ever been. Felt like 30 psi was pumped in to open things up as the tube progressed.

By far the worst part of the entire process was the saline Liquid taken the night before to clean everything out. I was as clean as a whistle that's for sure.

^ I too was awake for a colonoscopy many years ago. I watched it on the video screen the doctor was watching. Definitely weird seeing a camera's view traveling inside you, live. Afterward I was cramped up from the air they pump into the colon to get a good view. I laid over my motorcycle seat for awhile in the parking lot until the cramps eased up. No discomfort with later ones and they put me out.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

6 hours ago, ocka said:

I REALLY need to get one done and will do so early next year (so it applies to my 2022 deductible! 555)

While it IS concerning, I'm not near as concerned about the camera going up my ass as I am about the anesthetic. These days, that is done via IV, and I have a severe phobia of IVs. I have an anxiety attack, my veins constrict and the IV literally won't flow. Just thinking about it freaks me out.

That's the primary reason why I haven't had a colonoscopy yet (+ the fact that I didn't have many people in LA upon whom I would impose the burden to take me and bring me home - I have close friends here who I don't mind bugging! 555).

I've gotta consult with whoever is doing the procedure to tell them to find another way to knock me out or let me pop a few Xanax to keep the anxiety in check.

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I REALLY need to get one done and will do so early next year (so it applies to my 2022 deductible! 555)

While it IS concerning, I'm not near as concerned about the camera going up my ass as I am about the anesthetic. These days, that is done via IV, and I have a severe phobia of IVs. I have an anxiety attack, my veins constrict and the IV literally won't flow. Just thinking about it freaks me out.

That's the primary reason why I haven't had a colonoscopy yet (+ the fact that I didn't have many people in LA upon whom I would impose the burden to take me and bring me home - I have close friends here who I don't mind bugging! 555).

I've gotta consult with whoever is doing the procedure to tell them to find another way to knock me out or let me pop a few Xanax to keep the anxiety in check.

Tell your doctor about your severe IV anxiety and resulting tough IV start. He/she will likely prescribe an one-time anxiolytic medication to be taken before your colonoscopy. Let he/she know several days before the procedure so you'll have time to get medication and take it in time before the procedure. Good luck.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 06/10/2021 at 14:04, Luv2Phuket said:

A screening colonoscopy should not have a deductible. A diagnostic colonoscopy is a different matter.

On 06/10/2021 at 08:46, thainet said:

Had in BNH, Bumrungrad and BPH. All quick, easy and about 15k baht. 

Very competent doctors and procedures.

I'd not especially think something is going to go wrong in a Thai Hospital. But, I do especially think they'd cover it up, lie to you that they are responsible, and accept your subsequent death as your bad karma rather than try to fix you up.

On 11/09/2021 at 20:36, OKAY said:

I have had them in Thailand. They found some polyps and biopsied them, they were non cancerous. I had no fear of having it done in Thailand. If you are afraid of having it done in Thailand, up tp you.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

On 06/10/2021 at 11:04, Luv2Phuket said:

You should be able to request that the procedure be started w/o anesthetic with the understanding that should that not work as desired, anesthetic is given. 

Once the nurse in the GI clinic told me she'd had 3 (I think) colonoscopies without anesthesia (again, if memory serves), that considerably emboldened me as I didn't want to depend on others to take me home. Was it comfortable? No. Was the discomfort manageable? Yes. 

There are medical transportation services to take one home after outpatient procedures with anesthesia. 

CT colonoscopy provides most of the information quickly and more comfortably. If that exam indicates further studies, you're still on the hook for a conventional colonoscopy. I may choose CT colonoscopy when I'm due for another study. Don't overlook mail in stool samples as part of preventative care. One of the health systems I use doesn't believe in mail in specimens, the other does. I'll go with the latter.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CyberPro said:

There are medical transportation services to take one home after outpatient procedures with anesthesia. 

Yep - used one when I had cataract surgery.

That was an example where the IV wouldn't flow at the start. I finally was able to force myself to calm down & it did, but that procedure wasn't looking good for a while.

My Mom has suggested that they may be able to use a local anesthetic to deaden the area around the IV so I don't feel it and freak out as much.

On 12/09/2021 at 10:36, OKAY said:

I have had 3 in Thailand and the care was much better than the U.S. As for nobody admitting something went wrong I would worry more in the U.S. where the DRs. see themselves Gods. I have had several operations here and every one has been better than U.S. medical care. Bangkok Pattaya is great.

Jack

11 minutes ago, axunjaxn said:

I have had 3 in Thailand and the care was much better than the U.S. As for nobody admitting something went wrong I would worry more in the U.S. where the DRs. see themselves Gods. I have had several operations here and every one has been better than U.S. medical care. Bangkok Pattaya is great.

Jack

More proof of my previous comments..😀