striderman

pattaya beach "improvement" works

forcebwithu

And they're also working at adding rip rap to sections prone to shore erosion.

And yes, those "irrigation things" are strange indeed. Not sure what they expect to accomplish with those structures.

Taa_Saparot

No doubt, these improvements to the beach are attracting all sorts !

10-02-19-006.thumb.jpg.b257b3f23ec0ccec88300fda411136e4.jpg

plahgat

Looking great! :)

Only one thing missing....

showers and toilets on the beach! :rolleyes:

If they can build that as well then I might finally after more than 30 years,

have my first suntan and dip in the sea at Pattaya Beach! :WinkGrin1:

Plahgat

THAJEC

Beach better 8cd8efd820786dd13119e89b8e9d1fc7.jpg47bd6113e309b96b2080f19ceb4b1740.jpgc47d22cc0dce0f75c6048c8cd393cbc3.jpg

Odesláno z mého EML-L29 pomocí Tapatalk

dean2926
7 hours ago, plahgat said:

Looking great! :)

If they can build that as well then I might finally after more than 30 years,

have my first suntan and dip in the sea at Pattaya Beach! :WinkGrin1:

Plahgat

Come on mate, get real.

Millions of tourists every year in this international family friendly resort.

Why would you want toilets, showers or changing rooms?

The council must have considered them before so what is the thai rational for not having them?

It certainly wouldn't be the money angle considering the obscene amount they have spent on the beach the past few years.

Maybe It's the same reason they don't supply seating on the south end of the beach, maybe they're worried too many people would use them.

A second garbage removal service should also be initiated, some days the fucken place stinks.

Pattaya council still has a lot to learn about international tourism.

Taa_Saparot
5 hours ago, plahgat said:

Its a fair point.

Scuba+

There are toilets and showers, usually a sign, bar side plus toilets in central Festival, Royal Garden, Mike shopping mall plus McDonalds and Burger King

udontony
27 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

There are toilets and showers, usually a sign, bar side plus toilets in central Festival, Royal Garden, Mike shopping mall plus McDonalds and burger King

You are right, there are toilets but all those involve crossing Beach road and even in such a family friendly resort like Pattaya even this can be a nightmare.

dean2926
6 hours ago, udontony said:

You are right, there are toilets but all those involve crossing Beach road and even in such a family friendly resort like Pattaya even this can be a nightmare.

Is anyone going to walk into one of these shopping centres soaking wet from the beach to have a shower and get changed and especially if they've got kids?

Scuba+

They seem to be replacing those strange irrigation things with purpose built irrigation thingsb36c80436265df1a9f261aa888f32592.jpg59b74782f887cccbeef14588a59cd53e.jpg

THAJEC

Some another photos better beach but water still same dirty. 535437bf9257e86247d38730a472a1d3.jpgff492874b96a189394632affc4239852.jpg4daa55113b5cb4122e8477a79eec4703.jpg6b8dab7372063ad3d61bccdf0f1c92dc.jpg

Odesláno z mého EML-L29 pomocí Tapatalk

ssidewineder
3 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

They seem to be replacing those strange irrigation things with purpose built irrigation thingsb36c80436265df1a9f261aa888f32592.jpg59b74782f887cccbeef14588a59cd53e.jpg

Maybe they are planters. 

petermik
7 hours ago, ssidewineder said:

Maybe they are planters. 

For planting the rubbish in from what I saw today.....lazy buggers when there are bins just a few metres away....:ThumbDown1:

phenixr

I must say in the few years I have been going to Pattaya I have seen this major beach restoration with admiration. Quite impressive indeed.

udontony
25 minutes ago, phenixr said:

I must say in the few years I have been going to Pattaya I have seen this major beach restoration with admiration. Quite impressive indeed.

What you see of the beach and the improvements is very impressive but how long will it last when there is heavy rain and storms?  Guarantee that there is damage from the storms, there always has been in the past.   They need to do something about the flooding to avoid damage to the beach.    Also the impressive new beach still has the dirty water all along it, not really fit to swim in, that needs to be sorted out ASAP but never will be in my life time.

Captain Dave
2 hours ago, udontony said:

What you see of the beach and the improvements is very impressive but how long will it last when there is heavy rain and storms?  Guarantee that there is damage from the storms, there always has been in the past.   They need to do something about the flooding to avoid damage to the beach.    Also the impressive new beach still has the dirty water all along it, not really fit to swim in, that needs to be sorted out ASAP but never will be in my life time.

You're probably right, but believe it or not its much better than it was 20 years ago.

Brianrich1
On 12/02/2019 at 06:05, Taa_Saparot said:

No doubt, these improvements to the beach are attracting all sorts !

10-02-19-006.thumb.jpg.b257b3f23ec0ccec88300fda411136e4.jpg

Which agogo do they work at? 

Before And After 

Edited by Brianrich1
Didn't finish

Scuba+
Maybe they are planters. 
If they are planters they are in spots that will get washed away when the flooding starts

Barhop
3 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

You're probably right, but believe it or not its much better than it was 20 years ago.

Can still remember smiling at Sydney and their "Bondi Cigars" some years ago...:ShitHappens1:

duffMaster
4 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

It is a bit like paiting your house without removing the old chipped paint first. It looks good from a distance for now, but when you look closely it’s still the same house with a poor paint job or in this case the same cest pool as it was before. 

Edited by duffMaster

udontony
20 hours ago, Captain Dave said:

My first trip to Pattaya was February 1979 so I have seen the changes but the water is still not good.  I have a Thai style daughter who worked 10 years as a pharmacist near Beach Road and they made so much money from selling creams etc to people affected by the water, it is still far from clean.   From what I can see the larger beach and less pressure from the umbrella people has made the beach more user friendly and more people are on there.

worldpunter
59 minutes ago, udontony said:

My first trip to Pattaya was February 1979 so I have seen the changes but the water is still not good.  I have a Thai style daughter who worked 10 years as a pharmacist near Beach Road and they made so much money from selling creams etc to people affected by the water, it is still far from clean.   From what I can see the larger beach and less pressure from the umbrella people has made the beach more user friendly and more people are on there.

What's a " Thai style daughter  ? "   I may have one myself , we call 'em mixed race   ,

udontony
12 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

What's a " Thai style daughter  ? "   I may have one myself , we call 'em mixed race   ,

No, she is just a lady much younger than me and chose to call me papa many years ago.  She introduces me as her papa when we are out with friends as do some other Thai lady friends.   Think it signifies that we are good friends and have a relarionship that does not include sleeping together.   You will see so many ladies in Pattaya introduce you to their sisters but rare they really are true sisters, just Thai way of talking.

striderman

journeys end at least for now .......................

1638278778_18feb010(Custom).JPG.4abe01d1574afc6388193b0f492ce814.JPG

taken from the south end of beach rd. above looking towards the beer garden

below looking north

88051791_18feb011(Custom).JPG.ff78ae18220ad114ec20eaf0e97690f2.JPG

naklua and wongamat in the distance

1681216639_18feb012(Custom).JPG.12e4aba454b6a4faf2393e7d6496b19e.JPG

the dark block slightly right of pic is the Hilton

1477663643_18feb013(Custom).JPG.96ce7ed80c42920eba741de1e47aeaa0.JPG

all heavy equipment gone

2092988681_18feb014(Custom).JPG.e82aa583b95a12e6388dcf4d3dd3cb9e.JPG145821159_18feb015(Custom).JPG.00d4370c573039e1c5a59b002edce957.JPG

the offshore sand/water mix  pumping station now idle.

i'll try and visit the north end of the beach in the next day or so

forcebwithu

There has been some speculation as to the purpose of these structures.

P1300016.thumb.jpg.66212cd0f1892f8da708951476e044d5.jpg

One has now been filled in with concrete. Looks to me like a nice ankle twister if you're not paying attention when you step off the pavement and onto the sand. Other than a source for broken ankles, I still don't know what they hope to accomplish with these structures. It's certainly not going to do anything to help control erosion during heavy rains, if that's what they had in mind.

IMG_20190219_120205.jpg