Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hot Water problem

elbenvillas

Just moved into a great condo in Jomtien Complex Condotel.

One mistake i made was though I checked water pressure  by flushing the toilet and running the shower at the same time, it was fine,

I forgot to check if hot water coming into the kitchen sink and the sinks in each bathroom.  I should have been more alert and checked the faucets, it only turns on one way, and also should have looked under the sinks to see if there was a cold water line and a hot water line.  So now i have the kitchen sink and the two bathroom sinks with faucets with one pipe only for water coming in.  So no hot water for a shave in the bathrooms and no hot water to wash dishes especially to cut the grease on the utensils.

i would have thought a newer building like Jomtien Complex would be fitted right for hot water to be available in all the sinks.  The showers have it with water heaters in the false ceilings, but not the kitchen or bathroom sinks.

Are there under sink water heaters available, small units, which can be hooked up.  I would figure the faucets would need to be replaced too  with ones that will allow both hot and cold water to flow?

Any advice, opinions or sources i could go to?

Thanks.

EZ

I would imagine the biggest issue you’ll face with this project is running the electric to power the hot water heaters to these under sink locations.  

The setup you described is the norm from what I've seen in Thailand.

I've always shaved in the shower, so not having a hot water tap in the sink isn't an issue for me. Washing dishes in the tepid water that comes out of the tap hasn't been a problem either, even when the pans are a bit greasy.

If you're so inclined you can install on demand water heaters below the sink. All the big hardware stores carry them. As manni pointed out though, running electric to them will be the biggest problem.

The water coming from the tap in our kitchen sink, can hardly be described as "cold". It is always tepid to warm. We have no problems cleaning our pots and pans and dishes...

Like the above poster, I too, shave in the shower... never a problem.

yes, you all are right exactly.

Decided it was too much work, so will also shave in the shower, and use the water out of the kitchen sink to wash dishes.  If hot water is needed, will just heat it up in the electric kettle on the kitchen counter, and use it mixed with tap water.

Thanks all for sound opinion and advice.

Ez

Depends what you'll put up with

One of my bathrooms has an electric shower and just a cold feed tap to the handbasin, the rest have baths , separate showers and handbasins running off water heaters. Kitchen Ive had fitted with under sink water heater.

Archived