Jump to content

Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Livestreaming

IGNORED

Travel Agent Messed Up


noshow

Recommended Posts

I booked a flight to the UK with a Bangkok travel agency about nine months ago. In the past I have used this travel agency a few times in the past, but to cut a long story short, they called my hotel at the airport the night before I was due to fly and told me I would have to wait till the following day, which meant I had to stay another night and all day at my hotel.

The plane did fly the following day without me, and making enquiries with KLM, they admitted that I was never booked on that flight, so are not liable to pay compensation.

Does this mean I have a case with the travel agent for compensation? I will see them on my return to Bangkok next week.

What would you do in these circumstances?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You’re wanting compensation for 1 nights extra stay at the hotel from the travel agency yes? 

If so, I’d ask them about it but I can’t see them admitting to their error, no matter KLM told you. 

How hard and far you want to take this will be your decision but if that will all depend on the travel agency’s initial reply to your request for compensation. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, noshow said:

... KLM, they admitted that I was never booked on that flight

Well, if you were never booked on the flight in the first place, KLM didn't really have to 'admit' to anything.

As you rightly say, you have no claim against KLM, and whether you are owed anything by the agent, other than a full refund, of course, is questionable, unless you got some sort of guarantee in writing when you paid. Even if you are due some form of compensation, you might find that it would be more hassle than it's worth to collect. Still, try it on.

29 minutes ago, noshow said:

What would you do in these circumstances?

Well, personally I wouldn't put myself in such a position to begin with. Anywhere I travel on my own dime I book the tickets myself, usually online. No need for travel agents in this day and age, at least not if all you want to do is to get from point A to point B. Also, I would not do a booking that far ahead unless you needed it to have a return ticket to show, but that's another matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When i book flights via an online travel agency (cus its cheaper than going direct), as soon as i've got my reservation number, i log in to the airline website and check that i exist!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fumbduck said:

Well, personally I wouldn't put myself in such a position to begin with. Anywhere I travel on my own dime I book the tickets myself, usually online. No need for travel agents in this day and age, at least not if all you want to do is to get from point A to point B. Also, I would not do a booking that far ahead unless you needed it to have a return ticket to show, but that's another matter.

I don't even book online with the airline, but use the airline website to get prices and flight information.

Once that is done, I call the airline and make my reservation and while I'm doing this they are sending me a email confirmation with the itinerary so I can check it before ending the call.

Maybe its jus me, but even if a travel agent is cheaper, I'm still booking directly with the airline so that way if there are any delays the airline will take care of any compensation such as rebooking or other cost.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you using this travel agent because they're one of these bucket shops that buys blocks of tickets from airlines at discount prices and then passes the saving onto the passenger?

There might be something in the travel agent's t's and c's that allows them to do this - i.e. change your flight to a later one within 24 or 48 hours at their discretion - did you check the small print?

Presumably they just sold "your" seat to someone else at a higher price and then submitted the list of booked passengers to KLM at a later date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fumbduck said:

Well, if you were never booked on the flight in the first place, KLM didn't really have to 'admit' to anything.

As you rightly say, you have no claim against KLM, and whether you are owed anything by the agent, other than a full refund, of course, is questionable, unless you got some sort of guarantee in writing when you paid. Even if you are due some form of compensation, you might find that it would be more hassle than it's worth to collect. Still, try it on.

Well, personally I wouldn't put myself in such a position to begin with. Anywhere I travel on my own dime I book the tickets myself, usually online. No need for travel agents in this day and age, at least not if all you want to do is to get from point A to point B. Also, I would not do a booking that far ahead unless you needed it to have a return ticket to show, but that's another matter.

I have been using this travel agent for years and never had a problem, when I booked I was given an intinery. I checked with KLM at the airport in the UK, they have not given me any tickets, but confirmed my return flight this Saturday is OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Are you using this travel agent because they're one of these bucket shops that buys blocks of tickets from airlines at discount prices and then passes the saving onto the passenger?

There might be something in the travel agent's t's and c's that allows them to do this - i.e. change your flight to a later one within 24 or 48 hours at their discretion - did you check the small print?

Presumably they just sold "your" seat to someone else at a higher price and then submitted the list of booked passengers to KLM at a later date.

You could be right, I will see the travel agent when I get back to Bangkok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You asked this question couple weeks ago on thaivisa and got multiple replies. You'll get nothing from KLM as you didnt exist and you'll never get any travel agent in thailand admit to getting something wrong. As you flew the next night and the agent paid for hotel dont waste further time on it. As one poster said soon as you get an eticket or print out from agent straight into amadeus and confirm you're listed on the flight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2018 at 17:37, Dr No said:

You’re wanting compensation for 1 nights extra stay at the hotel from the travel agency yes? 

If so, I’d ask them about it but I can’t see them admitting to their error, no matter KLM told you. 

How hard and far you want to take this will be your decision but if that will all depend on the travel agency’s initial reply to your request for compensation. 

The travel agency has now admitted fault saying something like the system was down, though personally I think they were trying to pull a fast one like some method of maybe selling my booking expecting seats to be available then finding out that there wasn't.

They said they would be in touch with me by email shortly. I think that eventually I will be getting in touch with the Consumer Protection Board, they seem to have a good reputation with helping Westerners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/09/2018 at 12:25, Straw said:

You asked this question couple weeks ago on thaivisa and got multiple replies. You'll get nothing from KLM as you didnt exist and you'll never get any travel agent in thailand admit to getting something wrong. As you flew the next night and the agent paid for hotel dont waste further time on it. As one poster said soon as you get an eticket or print out from agent straight into amadeus and confirm you're listed on the flight

"you'll never get any travel agent in thailand admit to getting something wrong".

Well they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, noshow said:

"you'll never get any travel agent in thailand admit to getting something wrong".

Well they did.

lol I told you on the other forum exactly what you have suggested in your previous post

Let us know when you get the maximum compensation from the agent in line with EU airline directive around 25,000 baht. You'll be waiting a long time rest assured

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, noshow said:

The travel agency has now admitted fault saying something like the system was down,

I have already posted here to why I don't use travel agents any longer.

Back about 15 plus years ago I did use a Thai lady that had a travel agency in Chicago for a few bookings.

She would book with my frequent flyer number and soon as she book the flight, I could get on airlines website and could see my booking.

I would suggest that anyone using a travel agent to book to be on the safe side, check with the airline to confirm after the reservation was made. I would specially do this if the travel agent booked the trip on multi airlines.

LeoTex

 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People still use travel agents?  Everything one needs to book a trip is readily available online, often cheaper and more reliable.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

 

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, noshow said:

The travel agency has now admitted fault saying something like the system was down, though personally I think they were trying to pull a fast one like some method of maybe selling my booking expecting seats to be available then finding out that there wasn't.

They said they would be in touch with me by email shortly. I think that eventually I will be getting in touch with the Consumer Protection Board, they seem to have a good reputation with helping Westerners.

Consumer Protection Board ????

In Thailand???   :LMAO1:

Name em and save others from the scamers....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Saddic said:

Consumer Protection Board ????

In Thailand??? 

Better known as BM Explorer8939  ...

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The OP went to purchase a ticket and but unknown to him the flight was "wait listed" in economy on KLM

The agent did what most (but not all) do in that they took the fare and wait listed him  knowing that in 95% of cases the wait list clears and everyones happy and to all intent and purposes the client never knows.

On this occasion the wait list didnt clear. The agency went to the client and gave him the nights money for the hotel and in the interim had confirmed him on the following days flight which he duly caught...... Why people tell half a story I dont know. OP you're not going to get a single baht in compensation from anyone because you weren't booked on the original flight in the first place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.