IGNORED

To reserve hotels or not?

Timm1565

I am coming to Pattaya December 27 and have booked a room till January 4th and then plan on traveling around Thailand for the next 10 days but have no real plan maybe Chiang Mai or Phuket. Last 3-4 days will be in Bangkok. Should I plan it before I come or wing it? I am hanging in Pattaya with a few guys then taking off solo. Any information would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peak Season is until around the 14th Jan I believe , personally I would book accomodation and flights for any further travelling you wish to do 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Peak Season is until around the 14th Jan I believe , personally I would book accomodation and flights for any further travelling you wish to do 

Correct. I come twice every year from Australia. In our summer (northern hemisphere winter) I travel after about 20 January as that is the change from peak to shoulder season.

(Work on three seasons: peak, shoulder and low).

In peak (Dec - mid-Jan), book in advance. Flights and hotels busy.

Shoulder: I book my Oz-Thailand flights in advance; hotel for at least first three days, longer if my plan is definite.

Normally OK to book internal flights and more hotels at short notice; one needs to  be ready to make changes if your favourite hotel etc is full - have a Choice B.

Low: international flights normally OK at short notice but price may be up from the low of about 7 weeks in advance. hotels, no problem.

Archived