IGNORED

Centara avenue residence

lincsfun

Haven't stayed yet.  My first trip is in January and i have this placed booked for 4 nights.  I will follow this thread. 

I have eyed in AirBNB but haven't stayed in it. 

Location is excellent. I have stayed in Travelodge hotel which is like next door and I reall like that location. Close to 7-11, Soi Buakhao, 2nd road, McDonalds, etc.

I am booked December/January for my first time but my friend has stayed in it before.  I visited and it looks great but I think all their condos are studios. After I have stayed in a one bedroom in a while, I wonder if I will like a studio. Usually, I let my girl sleep while I close my bedroom door and go to the kitchen to cook some breakfast and do some work. I don't know if cooking will stink up the whole room.

Pros:

-nice pool

-decent price

-can bring as many girls as you can fit in the room

-comes with underground parking spot

-modern design

Cons:

-Possibly extra for cleaning and fresh towels + sheets 

-Possibly extra on electric + water

-Rooms are too small for my liking

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

47 minutes ago, stacksreg123 said:

Cons:

-Possibly extra for cleaning and fresh towels + sheets 

I go through towels like federer at a grand slam final so not for me.

1 hour ago, Autoroam said:

I go through towels like federer at a grand slam final so not for me.

Always depends on the agent if its free or not. But mostly it's not. 

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

I believe this property is part hotel and part condo. The OP is probably staying in the hotel in which case he’ll get daily room service 

i looked at renting a condo there last year. Nice one bedroom new clean and modern design

as for towels. I rent a condo and I just go to one of the street towel vendors and buy a half dozen, that way I always have clean towels available 

5 minutes ago, kash buc said:

I believe this property is part hotel and part condo. The OP is probably staying in the hotel in which case he’ll get daily room service 

i looked at renting a condo there last year. Nice one bedroom new clean and modern design

as for towels. I rent a condo and I just go to one of the street towel vendors and buy a half dozen, that way I always have clean towels available 

Yes, the first thing is to get clarification from the OP. There are at least 3 possibilities:

1) Centra (not Centara) Avenue Hotel 

2) Centara Azure hotel

3) The condos which lie between these 2 hotels.

I have stayed many times in both hotels and am happy to offer some advice once the OP has clarified exactly where he is staying.

Is this same company owns centara pratumnak?

7 hours ago, kash buc said:

The one I looked at was the one with the big aquarium in the restaurant 

That one is Centara Azure. Very nice hotel, ultra modern, but small looms.

The Centara Azure condos I've looked at on AirBnB often look onto a big pool, but apparently that pool is often full of Indians and/or children, so I've seen it written that it's best to get a condo looking outwards, not onto the pool.  I think one end of the pool has a big curvy water slide, and that is particularly to be avoided if you want peace and quiet (in the mornings).

14 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes, the first thing is to get clarification from the OP. There are at least 3 possibilities:

1) Centra (not Centara) Avenue Hotel 

2) Centara Azure Hotel

3) The condos which lie between these 2 hotels.

I have stayed many times in both hotels and am happy to offer some advice once the OP has clarified exactly where he is staying.

Pretty sure it's the Azure, the pool has 2  slides at one end

If your asking about Centara Azure on Buakhao 15, we had a week there in April private apartment top floor. Great location, girl friendly,nice pool. All clean and tidy, recommended

Should you do stay there and going to LK Metro for a beer or three there is a short cut down the side of the gym, saves time and a dangerous walk along Soi  Buakhao which in that area has no pavements.

133 sleeps til wheels up, not counting.

2 hours ago, lincsfun said:

Pretty sure it's the Azure, the pool has 2  slides at one end

Are you enquiring about the hotel or the apartments?

43 minutes ago, lincsfun said:

Staying in a condo 

The condos seem nice. They are attached to the Azure hotel and you can use the pool shared with the hotel. You can also use the small rooftop gym at the other neighboring hotel - Centra Avenue. 

As others have said the apartments are in a quadrangle surrounding the pool, so to minimize noise you might want to seek a high floor. The other issue of course is cleaning and towels, but that is a common issue with all short-term condo lets.

Thanks for info... been told they clean and change bedding and towels every 3 days.

19 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Are you enquiring about the hotel or the apartments?

If these are the slides, it's the Centara Azure on Buakhao 15 opposite the Travel Lodge.

image.jpeg

if you you like to sleep during the day dont get a room facing the pool, alot of kids and grown men yelling all day in the pool.i stayed on the top floor and i still thought it was annoying at times.another thing i did not like was most of the condos are using a shared wifi  sytem that drove me nuts having to log back on every few hours with the bandwith going up and down.

Yes, those are the slides I was referring to.  Avoid rooms near them because apparently full of noisy children from early in the morning, and lots of families and Indians around the pool the rest of the day.  Lots of non-farang non-mongers.

• 1 month later...

Stayed here in September.

Lovely rooms but of course the standard of the furniture depends on the owners.

The Chinese people I rented from, through booking.com did not do any cleaning during your stay. They put me on the phone to someone to arrange cleaning, towels and bedding but the cost was 600 per day. The condo had a washing machine so for 43 baht for Liquid for the machine I did it myself. As September was low season I'd only paid 1150 baht for the room which was exceptional value.

Neither condo I rented had a pool view, actually one did but it was the Areca Lodge pool I could see.

One handy thing was the ability to exit through on to Soi Diana.

If you can get a good price I'd recommend the place.

Archived