IGNORED

stay where ? ..im sick of soi buakhao

skorp

ive really allways stayed around soi buahkao...i like it but im just getting sick of it...

so,  where to stay ?  

naklua is dead 

jomtien is shite & dead plus girls are piss poor over there

dark side ?  .....i like it , used to live over there but....too many cops / checkpoints everyday ...... im allways having a few beer and driving .

pratumnak ?    might give it a go....

any decent links and prices etc of best places to stay and why ....

36 minutes ago, skorp said:

im allways having a few beer and driving .

That habit can turn out quite badly for you.

But back to your question. I don't get why you would prefer Pratumnak over Jomtien or Naklua. Girl-wise they are all pretty bad, with pratumnak being the worst. Both Jomtien and Naklua have more bars with girls then Pratumnak, just quality isn't great. Transportation-wise I prefer Jomtien and Naklua because of the baht bus.

This year I'm trying soi AR. Not in the middle of the madness, but not far from it either. Also some very nice hotels.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

i like the Area Soi 3-5.. its quiet but you are quick with the bathbus everywhere and not Need to drive by yourself after some beer...

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2018 at 12:52, stacksreg123 said:

This year I'm trying soi AR.

Where is Soi AR?  I assume that AR is short for something but I can't guess what it is.  Thanks.

you might be sick of looking at is buakhao but you don't wanna lose the access. How about soi diana?

some decent hotels there and yet perfectly placed 

I always stay soi AR plenty of hotels there now and always great value,at mind is my favourite however if on a budget nova gold is hard to beat and usually 1000bht per night,close to Soi 6 is the main benefit

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I have a nostalgic sadness about the title of this thread. 

It seems not really that long ago that I stumbled onto a newly developed street with just a couple of guest houses and little else. Nice quiet area it was, but had a bar complex not that far away. Settled in. The only real problem was that the nearest money changer was quite a long hike away. No 7/11 either.

Stayed there over the next decade or so when visiting, Watched it grow and grow. But I never knew the name of the street or area … no need to, because I knew where it was and how to get there.

One trip about 14 years ago, an English mate had emailed to say he was off to Pattaya, and it happened that  it was a term break for me so I arranged to meet him there. He told me he would stay in Soi Bukhaew and I had zero idea of where or what that was … … …  … I nearly went crazy trying to find it on a map!

MY 99 CENT KINDLE: ... 1974 TRAVEL IN THAILAND, CAMBODIA AND SOUTH VIETNAM : http://www.amazon.co.uk/EXPLAINING-CAMBODIA-Part-Torn-Jagged-ebook/dp/B00L0LC8TO

Staying long term or over the holidays, time duration is a factor in deciding the locality.

................................................................................................................

I stay at Bay Breeze on Soi Honey. Very quiet place and best location. 5 min walk both to Buakhao and BR

On 22/11/2018 at 01:49, superdaws said:

Where is Soi AR?  I assume that AR is short for something but I can't guess what it is.  Thanks.

Presumably Soi Arunothai, out past 3rd Rd. Low-key falang/Thai area. Nirun condo is the accommodation focal point. 

1st trip you stay in a spiffy Beach Road hotel.

2nd trip you decide you don't need to pay for a sea view and go for the Second Rd hotels which are slightly cheaper.

3rd trip you notice there are cheap guesthouses on Soi Buakhao and stay there.

4th trip you discover that the area between 3rd Road & Sukhumvit Rd is cheaper again and stay there.

Finally you end up living on the Darkside, out past Sukhumvit completely mastered the art of living cheaply in LOS.

Why are you sick of Soi Buakhao? We come for the bars, restaurants, hotels and girls and SB has more than any other area.  Coming on holiday i wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Honey Lodge next to WS. Close to beer bars, gogos, places to ear and discos. Perfect location really with easy access to baht buses and mototaxi.

As Tarl said Honey Lodge has best location (opposite ws entrance) and very quiet. Stayed at Honey Lodge before and i am booked for January

On 26/11/2018 at 06:19, Siraulo said:

As Tarl said Honey Lodge has best location (opposite WS entrance) and very quiet. Stayed at Honey Lodge before and i am booked for January

Just looked it up, great location. Good if you are planning on taking a lot of girls from Walking Street, but that will be a bit of drain on funds.

On 18/09/2018 at 17:24, skorp said:

ive really allways stayed around soi buahkao...i like it but im just getting sick of it...

so,  where to stay ?  

naklua is dead 

jomtien is shite & dead plus girls are piss poor over there

dark side ?  .....i like it , used to live over there but....too many cops / checkpoints everyday ...... im allways having a few beer and driving .

pratumnak ?    might give it a go....

any decent links and prices etc of best places to stay and why ....

Sounds like a change is required, Pattaya is obviously not for you anymore so go elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/11/2018 at 16:43, pregnantladyboy said:

Presumably Soi Arunothai, out past 3rd Rd. Low-key falang/Thai area. Nirun condo is the accommodation focal point. 

Soi AR is Pattaya Klang Soi 12.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

• 3 months later...

plenty of places soi lengkee. vogue hotel opeydeplace hotel chinagarden hotel. haven guesthouse retox guesthouse holeinone guesthouse. and more up there going up to thirdroad.

On 19/12/2018 at 14:56, Bawdy said:

Soi AR is Pattaya Klang Soi 12.

indian alley

7 hours ago, raeman said:

indian alley

I live just off Soi AR and I rarely see an Indian tourist. A few live here (maybe a handful) but more Chinese tourists . The majority of people are either expats from Europe and Thais.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

If you’re seeking an experience...here’s a bit from my recent trip report....Soi 7 ....I normally stay on Soi 8 at sunshine residences.....made a change this year....the grass isn’t always greener.

Rosie OGradys for 6 nights...maybe.

check in was slow....the girl who does check in was out....so many phone calls not much action.  Of course no hint of apology. Then had to fill out my own reporting doc.   Don’t they have a computer? I booked on line...almost all the info is there. TIT, just roll with it.

The horror...I’m on the 4th floor....no elevator....off we go then.  Slide the stairwell door open and it hits me....like a creepingfunk that enters your nose and clothes and then clings....by the time I’m at the  3rd floor and time for a rest I think I’ve out run it.  

Room is ok, start to unpack oh no the safe is locked.......down thru the funk I have to go.....quick fix from the boss on the safe with the magic key.  Seems a nice chap.

Now on my 2nd full day I’ve learnt to hold my breath for a flight and a half and I miss most of the stench.   Any biologists out there should come along with a test kit....it’s not sewer smell....something darker, it could be alive.

i had a few beers and dinner, then being cash depleted  asked to pay by card.  Girl looked at the chits...”no cannot minimum 500. ATM over there”  I said I’m staying here...which she knew...can we just keep count...”no cannot” and she walked off.

Are you going to tell me how much the bill is then?  Over she comes to add the chits again.  Anyways was close enough to 500 to be not worth a walk across the road...Just charge 500 then.   Then another girl had to come check what I meant.   Good done.

Pics of the room.does the job.

127FFE59-404E-490E-A47E-047A3FFA4B15.jpeg

30580D11-9A38-4DE6-8734-8CA9FCEC3137.jpeg

8AAA69F3-2CE1-461C-A853-BAAE86035C41.jpeg

On 18/09/2018 at 18:52, stacksreg123 said:

That habit can turn out quite badly for you.

But back to your question. I don't get why you would prefer Pratumnak over Jomtien or Naklua. Girl-wise they are all pretty bad, with pratumnak being the worst. Both Jomtien and Naklua have more bars with girls then Pratumnak, just quality isn't great. Transportation-wise I prefer Jomtien and Naklua because of the baht bus.

This year I'm trying soi AR. Not in the middle of the madness, but not far from it either. Also some very nice hotels.

Where is soi AR ???

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Archived