Jump to content
Scuba+

Current Agogo status

Recommended Posts

Mishkin
It’s not a secret. It just hasn’t happened to you. Just ask next time out of curiosity 
Is this a very new rule?
This 3 drink rule did not apply in

What's up
Palace
Sensations
Pin up

6 weeks ago when I was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
piloter
7 minutes ago, Mishkin said:

Is this a very new rule?
This 3 drink rule did not apply in

What's up
Palace
Sensations
Pin up

6 weeks ago when I was there.

I fear that some of our BMs may have been taken advantage of by wilely mamasans.

It could be in the way you ask.  If you simply state "I will buy 123 a drink if she can come down and sit with me now the mamasan will ponder a short while and say "ok".  

If you ask "how many drinks do I have to buy a girl to have her come down"  then the mamasan is free to come up with a nice number and might say 3.  She's not looking out for you.

I usually buy a girl a drink and other than Windmill/Diamond this means them coming down right away.    I will test to see if I'm ever asked for more than one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
piloter
33 minutes ago, George1234 said:

A fiction created in your own mind. Giving something a negative label because you don’t like it, might make you feel better, but it doesn’t change anything. 

 I think the label you're referring to 'brothel'.    I don't see that as a negative label.   I consider a brothel a legitimate business and no problem with paying money for sex.   Some governments may not like it but I have no problem with it.

 It sounds like you consider 'brothel' a negative thing which is why you will argue that gogos which you like are not now brothels.

 I think we just have to be honest with each other about what has changed in the last ten years.   If we label things properly then we can begin to understand why people are saying that while Thailand used to be the place for low cost P4P this has changed and they are better off going some place closer.    I say that's simply because gogos went from selling drinks to selling sex.  

 Of course there are still beer bars and they still see selling drinks as their primary function.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pabibaga
1 hour ago, piloter said:

I fear that some of our BMs may have been taken advantage of by wilely mamasans.

It could be in the way you ask.  If you simply state "I will buy 123 a drink if she can come down and sit with me now the mamasan will ponder a short while and say "ok".  

If you ask "how many drinks do I have to buy a girl to have her come down"  then the mamasan is free to come up with a nice number and might say 3.  She's not looking out for you.

I usually buy a girl a drink and other than Windmill/Diamond this means them coming down right away.    I will test to see if I'm ever asked for more than one.

 

 

From what I know and experienced in Pin-Up mamasan have nothing to see in the drinks RULES

They are there to help a guy picking a girl if he request it. She can help bringing a girl out of the stage and take the barfine that's all.

Drinks issues are none of their business. The drinks RULES are fixed by the club and mamasan has nothing to do with it.

You have 7 mamasan working in PinUp if I not get it wrong and from all the mamasan I get involved with never one was involved in drinks. That I offer some mamasan a glass while they were selling me their girls is different.

It's a fact that you need to pay 3lds to get the girl out of the stage while she is in her rotation. This is a club rule and you can just check by yourelf out there.

I'll be there in 4 more days and if you can bring the girl out of the stage without any compensation than I'm more than eager to see you in action and learn from you.

Getting a girl off stage in huge gogo is absolutely normal that it involves a charge. If like this you could be serving 3 drinks to the girl to spend three hours with her without having her to dance anymore... Business wise it would be a nonsense.

I also should say that some of your comparison with other gogo are just not useful. Comparing small empty gogo with 5 to 10 girls on stage compare to Pin-Up with 130 girls just not make sense for the reflexion as they obviously not use the same strings with their customers...

 

Edited by Pabibaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George1234
1 hour ago, piloter said:

 we can begin to understand why people are saying that while Thailand used to be the place for low cost P4P this has changed

all that for a price whinge 

1 hour ago, piloter said:

and they are better off going some place closer

off they go then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
piloter

 I don't doubt that Pin Up has a 3 drink rule and that they enforce it uniformly.     It's a very disciplined place and as a result the mamasans have little discretion.   Also it is the most popular place at the moment and they have more customer than they can handle so they aren't bothered about customer retention.    

  I did buy a drink for a girl on stage and after the drink was delivered and she got the slip she didn't come down immediately but it wasn't long until her dancing shift ended so she was soon next to me.  She turned out to be a great deal of fun and I ended up buying her a few more drinks simply because I enjoyed her company.   I never would have bought her three drinks to begin with having never met her so I was unaware of this most uncommon 3 drink rule so I just bought one and ended up having a good time. 

  Now that I know the rule it's unlikely that I'll be buying drinks for girls on stage.   It's a shame for the girls since they need to meet a drink quota and getting  a drink from a guy is the first step for getting rented out for a few hours.  You figure with so many girls crammed on stage it wouldn't hurt to let a few off the stage who have a customer buying them drinks... but then I guess you have to choose how many can go and making decisions like that on the fly don't fit in with a disciplined business.

  I'm a more informed consumer and that's what makes this forum great.

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
piloter
4 minutes ago, George1234 said:

all that for a price whinge 

I'm afraid that this whole discussion has gone over your head.   no matter.   Just keep enjoying the gogos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petehoax

this "3 drink rule" is mostly about a girl that is already sitting with you... she's sitting with you and instead of having to go up and do her dance rotation, she can stay seated with you if you buy a specific amount of drinks. 
yes, some gogos also ask for a certain amonut of drinks for a girl to join you immediately if she's dancing (for example butterfly and billboard ask for 2 drinks, sapphire asks for 5 drinks). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luv2Phuket
15 minutes ago, petehoax said:

this "3 drink rule" is mostly about a girl that is already sitting with you... she's sitting with you and instead of having to go up and do her dance rotation, she can stay seated with you if you buy a specific amount of drinks. 
yes, some gogos also ask for a certain amonut of drinks for a girl to join you immediately if she's dancing (for example butterfly and billboard ask for 2 drinks, sapphire asks for 5 drinks). 


One of my pet peeves at Sapphire is when the Mamasan tells the girl that she has to go outside to do "sign duty"....but she can stay seated with you if you buy her 5 drinks.

While I like the place, I am suspicious (if not convinced) that it is a just a ploy to milk more drinks out of someone that they assume will pay it.  While I'm usually a little too liberal with LDs, I draw the line on that. 

It's now a signal to me that it's time to check bin and move on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radiantsilver
18 minutes ago, petehoax said:

this "3 drink rule" is mostly about a girl that is already sitting with you... she's sitting with you and instead of having to go up and do her dance rotation, she can stay seated with you if you buy a specific amount of drinks. 

I'm always happy when my girl has her shift. I encourage her to dance well and have fun on stage. And I can talk to some others :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radiantsilver
2 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:


One of my pet peeves at Sapphire is when the Mamasan tells the girl that she has to go outside to do "sign duty"....but she can stay seated with you if you buy her 5 drinks.

While I like the place, I am suspicious (if not convinced) that it is a just a ploy to milk more drinks out of someone that they assume will pay it.  While I'm usually a little too liberal with LDs, I draw the line on that. 

It's now a signal to me that it's time to check bin and move on.

 

That happened to me as well. I then went outside with Chanjeow #302 and tried my luck as a Hello Boy (not sure though if I could stop anyone from walking to Babydolls though) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George1234

It wouldn’t matter if they had a ‘20 drink rule’, you are not obliged to pay it. If you don’t want to pay it, you have to wait until she finishes her rotation and rightly so - without the rotation system you wouldn't have a functioning GoGo. 

If you are so aggrieved by the operation of any particular GoGo, don’t give them your business. No Thai person could give a fuck what you think and a complaint is the least important thing they have ever heard in their life. 

In turn, I follow the house ‘rules’ but couldn’t give a fuck what they think and any attempt to direct my spending is the least important thing I have ever heard. Quid pro quo and everybody gets along just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petehoax
36 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:


One of my pet peeves at Sapphire is when the Mamasan tells the girl that she has to go outside to do "sign duty"....but she can stay seated with you if you buy her 5 drinks.

While I like the place, I am suspicious (if not convinced) that it is a just a ploy to milk more drinks out of someone that they assume will pay it.  While I'm usually a little too liberal with LDs, I draw the line on that. 

It's now a signal to me that it's time to check bin and move on.

yeah, sign duty is always an instant byebye-reason for me, unless i actually wanted to barfine, then it's time to pull the trigger. 
i'm also not a fan of the 20min rotations at sapphire, it's just slightly too long. imho 15min dance shifts (where your barfine can return after 10min) is imho the perfect system (especially with 4 rotations). but well, as george properly said, no one really gives a shit what i think ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George1234
5 minutes ago, petehoax said:

i'm also not a fan of the 20min rotations at sapphire, it's just slightly too long. imho 15min dance shifts (where your barfine can return after 10min) is imho the perfect system (especially with 4 rotations). but well, as george properly said, no one really gives a shit what i think ;)

I would be happy with a ten minute rotation. That is the sweet spot for when the sarcasm of their ‘dancing’ has begun  to wear thin and when I have had sufficient opportunity to survey the field. At this point I am more than ready to be asked where I am from. 

It is not until I’m down in Pattaya that I yearn for the forwardness and hustle of Bkk girls. Do you prefer the ‘reticence’ of the Pattaya GoGo girls? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
piloter

  I don't go to Bangkok very often so I don't know much about how gogos work there.   About six months ago I was in the Crazy House near Soi Cowboy and spotted a  nice lady on stage and told the waitress that I wanted to buy her a drink.    At Crazy House girls always came down right away if you bought them a drink.    So the waitress went up to get the drink order from the lady on stage and then the waitress returned to tell me that she would only come down if I bought a double drink (they have this two drink combo at CH).     I declined and the lady stayed on stage for the duration of her shift.

 I like this way of doing things.  Let the girl decide what it's worth to get her off the stage and not management.    This girl felt she would be wasting her time unless she found a guy willing to buy double rather than single lady drinks.   I wouldn't mind if girls in Pattaya did the same.   They would look me over from the stage and say that they won't come and sit with me for less than 4 drinks.    Then I can decide if they are worth it.   Let the free market reign.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stefano88
14 hours ago, petehoax said:

again, wrong. sapphire always had this rule, at least 3 years back. 
but actually it's 5 LDs in there, not 3. you can also buy them 5 LDs if you don't want to have them stand outside during their promo-shift.

Thank you. For a moment I thought I was the only one being charged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeffone

My top 4 from my recent trip based on quality of talent (not price):

 

1. Palace

2. Pin Up

3. Happy

4. KINK

 

Worst:

Peppermint, Windmill, Diamond.   All disasters as far I could see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pabibaga
6 hours ago, piloter said:

  I don't go to Bangkok very often so I don't know much about how gogos work there.   About six months ago I was in the Crazy House near Soi Cowboy and spotted a  nice lady on stage and told the waitress that I wanted to buy her a drink.    At Crazy House girls always came down right away if you bought them a drink.    So the waitress went up to get the drink order from the lady on stage and then the waitress returned to tell me that she would only come down if I bought a double drink (they have this two drink combo at CH).     I declined and the lady stayed on stage for the duration of her shift.

 I like this way of doing things.  Let the girl decide what it's worth to get her off the stage and not management.    This girl felt she would be wasting her time unless she found a guy willing to buy double rather than single lady drinks.   I wouldn't mind if girls in Pattaya did the same.   They would look me over from the stage and say that they won't come and sit with me for less than 4 drinks.    Then I can decide if they are worth it.   Let the free market reign.

 

I'm a big crazy house addict, and it's now almost an unwritten rule that a girl that you ask to come while she's on stage will ask a double drink. 

Some even try to go away with this trick for every lds. 

I prefer the 3 lds because for some reasons girls at PinUp will appreciate it and will not straight drink the 3 glasses. It will give you time until her next rotation and even after the next one.

I'm not really conservative on lds as long as the girl is fun to be with I'm quite loose on the drinks. That's her goal and her job. It makes her happy and comfortable so she's not in the looking for another customer... 

Nowdays playing in successful gogo is not cheap anymore but I guess it's all about the value that you feel getting for your bhts. For me it's still a great deal. As it's a whole, the fun and the eye candy in the clubs, the booze and the girl you bring back with you. But I'm a Lt guy. Even if I might do a few st next trip in gogo I feel that the value is not good enough compare to lt. Hard to get one of the hottest PinUp girl agreeing on less than 3k st. However I never had an issue to deal a 4k lt... So the one pop St just look to me as a bad deal.

Lt offers you all the time you need. Any fun you want with your girl before getting to the room and then multiple pops. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
outsiders_86
20 hours ago, piloter said:

 I don't like it when people misuse words for their own ends.   I'm a purist and to me 'barfine' means that you pay the bar something and the girl is done with her shift.   
If she's still on the clock it's not a barfine.

 As you could probably guess I'm out early to the gogos so there is a huge difference between a real barfine and a rental that's named a 'barfine'.  

If you are out late and do a LT "barfine" at Pin Up then you can't tell the difference between a real barfine and 5 hour rental (unless you get the dreaded call from the mamasan telling your date to get back to the club right away). 

I can tell you that I can get a real barfine of a model at Fahrenheit at 8:30pm.   I've done it many times.   

I can also tell you that I can't get a real barfine of a girl at the Dollhouse before midnight.    This girl at Dollhouse I'd seen many time was really unwell...  She shouldn't have gone to work.  It was 10pm and I tried to pay a barfine for her to send her home.   I failed.  You can't barfine before midnight.   She had to stay which wasn't good for her or the customers... but rules are rules!

So the challenge is this:   at 8:30 pm is there any amount of money you can pay that will allow the girl to leave with you and not return the rest of the night?  I.e. is there a real barfine at Pin Up?     Maybe they'll ask you to pay a LT rental and a ST rental.. that's 7 hours.. 

[speaking of Pin Up another crazy rule they have there is this: when I see a pretty girl I like her to come sit with me and have a drink.  I'd like her to sit down soon and not have to wait until the end of her dancing shift.   At Pin Up and girl can come with you right away only if she's had something like 3 lady drinks that night.   As a customer how you can you tell if she's had the requisite number of drinks allowing her to sit with you right away?   Like I've written before Pin Up is a victim of its own popularity.   Crazy anti customer rules]

 

Hey there, are you the one sitting in middle of stages in Pin Up on Monday night? I saw a similar situation where 1 Farang that night was shock when he was told by mamasan that he need to pay 3 drinks for a girl on the stage to sit with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
piloter
24 minutes ago, outsiders_86 said:

Hey there, are you the one sitting in middle of stages in Pin Up on Monday night?

not me.. I haven't sat in the middle yet.    I may at some point to get the best view but then should you buy a girl a drink it's not as cozy sitting on separate bar stools if that's where she chooses to seat herself.

If you see someone buying three drinks at once it's not me.   They can run the business any way they want but requiring three drinks to get girl down is, in my opinion, what our British friends would characterize as "taking the piss".     But to each his own.   If I were in Pattaya on a short vacation and every night counted I may think differently.   As it is I'm here long term and thus  very patient and I won't participate in  what i consider customer hostile RULES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petehoax
11 hours ago, George1234 said:

It is not until I’m down in Pattaya that I yearn for the forwardness and hustle of Bkk girls. Do you prefer the ‘reticence’ of the Pattaya GoGo girls? 

in general i prefer the pattaya atmosphere. i like to spend & enjoy time in the gogos without the main goal of barfining. sometimes it happens, often i continue to clubs alone. BKK is too straightforward and too much focussed on ST barfining for my taste (because i'm always looking for LT BFs after midnight normally). But both places are fun of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George1234
5 hours ago, Jeffone said:

My top 4 from my recent trip based on quality of talent (not price):

1. Palace

2. Pin Up

3. Happy

4. KINK

Worst:

Peppermint, Windmill, Diamond.   All disasters as far I could see. 

My exact ranking also. I would have always included WhatsUp, but the number of good looking girls dropped drastically. Sensations is too changeable to include. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
talung66

As the thread has veered to LD RULES etc. etc. My satang or centavos worth this is something A/C has all over Pattaya no need to elaborate.beside now having a double LD in most places still less than the cost of one in patts and there big chance the girl wont be able to finish it by the time you leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeffone
1 hour ago, talung66 said:

As the thread has veered to LD rules etc. etc. My satang or centavos worth this is something A/C has all over Pattaya no need to elaborate.beside now having a double LD in most places still less than the cost of one in patts and there big chance the girl wont be able to finish it by the time you leave.

Wow.  I could not disagree more.  #1 never been forced into buying more than a single drink.  There is truly no need.  Impatience is the only reason.   #2  AC girls...  geez  so many drink sluts.  In Patts if you are buying lots of lady drinks it is because you want too. 

I will say that if you are into DRAMA... AC has Patts beat hands down!  I come here for sex, but if you love the drama then AC is the spot. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts

    Thai Friendly

    Pattaya News

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.