IGNORED

Centara Nova Spa - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Overall - This is an upmarket 4 star central Pattaya hotel. It is girl friendly and is ranked in the top 30 of Pattaya’s 500 hotels by Trip Advisor. This is probably my 4th or 5th stay at the Centara Nova, so, as you can guess I like it. My mate and I spent 5 days there earlier this week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Some of the hotels nearby have a lot of Indian guests (esp all male tour groups), I never have seen any such tour groups in this hotel, seen a few very pleasant Indian families and the occasional single male traveler,  but no large groups of single males.

Staff-   You will be hard pressed to find nicer and more courteous staff anywhere in the world...just lovely people. The reception manager is called Recon, a lovely guy and let us check in at 10.am as opposed to 3pm (tipped him 100THB as a thank you). (Note, that on check-in you will be asked for a 1,000THB deposit returnable at checkout). Every member of staff stops to wai you and my buddy and I got on really well with them all. Any additional guests you have back in your room are treated with courtesy and respect, and no extra charge.

Rooms- were reasonably large, ultra modern, very classy, nice lighting and with double bed, VCR, air conditioning, safe, hair dryer, key card, kettle, tea+coffee, mini bar, nice large bathroom with large shower - all very clean. Balcony with seating - all rooms have a great pool view. Daily cleaning with towel / bed linen change. Two bottles of water daily. Decent WIFI in the room.

Cleanliness - Sparkling clean everywhere. You just press the ‘clean please’ light in the room and go out for an hour or so, on your return, the place is immaculate. Guys, please consider leaving a small gratuity for the cleaning lady daily. 

Facilities - As you walk up the marble steps into reception you are struck by the wow factor. Beautiful open plan and high ceiling design with great views of the terrace and pool. The pool is large with jacuzzi and has a well stocked swim-up bar; the water was very clean, with plenty of loungers, beach chairs and towels. The gym is very good - large size with a/c and sports a decent selection of machines and free weights. There are (I think?) 6 floors in the hotel and 2 speedy lifts, so no hanging about. In the lobby there are 2 PC with Internet connection for free use.
Breakfast-  buffet, good coffee; Tea; fresh fruit; Juices; Cereal; freshly prepared egg dishes and omelets; Bun; jams; Honey; Yogurts. Note, though that the brekkie is expensive at 300THB, equally good breakfasts can be got from Amari Nova Suites and KTK for (200 and 179THB respectively).

Location- Let me start by making it clear that if you like being right on top of the action, then any of the hotels on soi AR won’t be for you.  On the other hand if you like a chilled daytime vibe in a soi that has an almost village feel, but still accessible to all of Pattayas fleshpots, then this area might be what your looking for. This property and the adjoining hotels, are an easy walk to main road (6 minutes to Pattaya Klang and another minute to top of soi Buhakow (Mr Jacks) for bus to LK). It is a 7 minute walk to second rd and top Soi 6. The Songtow buses run regularly (north along second rd). The hotel also offers courtesy transport every hour to central Pattaya. Lots of motorcycle and 4 wheel taxis next to hotel - 50THB to LK on a bike.

Nearby - Laundry, 7/11, Family Mart, German Cafe/Bar, Indian restaurant, Thai restaurant, Jameson’s Irish Bar      and a newly opened beer bar with a few hot ladies. Lots of taxis too.

Cost - Rooms can be got from 1,000 to about 1,500 depending on season and whether you require breakfast. Rooms on a Friday and Saturday are 100THB more. They also have Suites which are magnificent 2 roomed affairs and cost about 3,000THB, but if you book a normal room for say 1,000, you can upgrade to a Suite for another 1,000 pn.

Summary  - I really like this soi and absolutely love this hotel. Affordable luxury. I have also grown to love the location, but again note that it won’t suit those who want to be right on top of the action.

Lottellee Winna Rating - 8/10

C24AB67A-4187-411E-8732-DD2ACF112F4F.jpeg

209B2B2D-5E40-4F40-A4F6-77F7AAA0983D.jpeg

CAD64BBC-A2D3-4966-8C22-2F04DAA3F937.jpeg

D02BAEE0-724F-41D3-BEE0-27A820DE2A2A.jpeg

D88C9A4E-9B13-49F1-9554-907384378AA0.jpeg

FBBD865F-5307-4B05-92B3-4EC6E85853AD.jpeg

67DA27F4-1C61-4B72-AA78-46B2A8106F88.jpeg

C22FA554-8E80-4303-AEAD-2D19ED56B925.jpeg

Seems like an excellent place for the right mindset.....would be perfect for me if I had injured myself shagging and wanted a few days respite.

Its burning me up but i have to ask......how to pronounce Soi AR while asking directions or taking a moto.....A.....R.....or just let out a shriek of agony....ARRRRR!!!

1 hour ago, Autoroam said:

Seems like an excellent place for the right mindset.....would be perfect for me if I had injured myself shagging and wanted a few days respite.

Its burning me up but i have to ask......how to pronounce Soi AR while asking directions or taking a moto.....A.....R.....or just let out a shriek of agony....ARRRRR!!!

No problems shagging at the Centara Nova Spa. As I make clear, for guys who like to stay on top of the action, it won’t be for you. However, other guys like to be adjacent to the action, just not right on top of it. 

Pronounced easily...’soi AR’.

Great review as always LW, thanks

I was wondering, how quiet is the place? Does it get group tourists?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago, had one night in town, looked up specials on Agoda, came up with this at 3.30 PM, booked, checked in at 4.00
Excellent spot price, 980 Bt.

Generally agree with OP, but I had two negative experiences. 
I picked up one of my regulars from a favourite bar around 9.40 PM and brought her to the hotel. On the way there, I found out she hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I asked where she wanted to eat. She said she preferred room service. Fine with me.
Arrived at the hotel, went up to the 4th floor, key didn't work.
I tried, she tried, no go.
So I had to go down to reception, then wait for 5 minutes upstairs for a guy to arrive. He tried my key, didn't work, tried another key, a bit of problem, but then it worked. He gave it to me.

On arrival in the room, I gave her the menu, and at 10.20 PM phoned her order 
"Sorry Sir, Room service closed"
For a 4 star hotel, NOT good enough!
We went across the road to a street restaurant, which was OK but not what we wanted.

When we got back to the room, key again didn't work.Same thing, I had to go down, wait for someone to be called, go back up where she was waiting, wait for the guy to fiddle with the lock, eventually, we were alone in the room, about an hour after I intended to first take off my clothes. She was due back at work at 8.30 next morning.
I was NOT pleased. Not good enough for a near new 4 star hotel. I refuse to believe that was the first time this problem occurred. Poor quality material, poor maintenence.
Not sure if I'll be back. 

But good price, good location.

And my guest was a stellar performer.....

Probably the only hotel on soi ar i havnt stayed at and was put off by when i saw the pool had next to no sunlight from what i could see from amari suites,staying in @mind exclusive upcoming trip but will try here next time i think for a change

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

4 hours ago, gmoule said:

Probably the only hotel on soi ar i havnt stayed at and was put off by when i saw the pool had next to no sunlight from what i could see from Amari suites,staying in @mind exclusive upcoming trip but will try here next time i think for a change

While I agree that there is some sunlight blockage, I don’t agree that the pool has next to no sunlight.

437616B4-C11A-448D-A78C-50AF9AF88D5F.jpeg

I am a latr riser and would of been around 3pm

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

On 16/09/2018 at 23:25, Encora said:

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago, had one night in town, looked up specials on Agoda, came up with this at 3.30 PM, booked, checked in at 4.00
Excellent spot price, 980 Bt.

Generally agree with OP, but I had two negative experiences. 
I picked up one of my regulars from a favourite bar around 9.40 PM and brought her to the hotel. On the way there, I found out she hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I asked where she wanted to eat. She said she preferred room service. Fine with me.
Arrived at the hotel, went up to the 4th floor, key didn't work.
I tried, she tried, no go.
So I had to go down to reception, then wait for 5 minutes upstairs for a guy to arrive. He tried my key, didn't work, tried another key, a bit of problem, but then it worked. He gave it to me.

On arrival in the room, I gave her the menu, and at 10.20 PM phoned her order 
"Sorry Sir, Room service closed"
For a 4 star hotel, NOT good enough!
We went across the road to a street restaurant, which was OK but not what we wanted.

When we got back to the room, key again didn't work.Same thing, I had to go down, wait for someone to be called, go back up where she was waiting, wait for the guy to fiddle with the lock, eventually, we were alone in the room, about an hour after I intended to first take off my clothes. She was due back at work at 8.30 next morning.
I was NOT pleased. Not good enough for a near new 4 star hotel. I refuse to believe that was the first time this problem occurred. Poor quality material, poor maintenence.
Not sure if I'll be back. 

But good price, good location.

And my guest was a stellar performer.....

You make some fair points, especially comparing 4 star Patts hotels with similar in the West, the ‘no room service after 9pm’ comment is a good example in that regard. What I will say is that in staying in over 40 hotels and guesthouses in Pattaya, I have never rated any of them above 8.5 (with the exception of the 5 star Royal Cliff on Pratumnak). All that said, the price of 4 star hotels in Patts is a fraction of what the equivalent in the West would be (maybe 2/3 cheaper). 

hotels in Pattaya I have stayed in I regularly rate as ‘pretty good’, not always quite up to the best standards of the West, but they offer both outstanding value for money, along with a genuine warmth and friendliness that I rarely find in the West.

• 5 months later...

Just came back from a 11 night stay at the Centara Nova Spa hotel.

I have stayed at many hotels on the soi. KTK (3 times), Amari Nova, @Mind, Nova Park and now Centara Nova. I really like the soi. It is not too busy, have everything you need and not too far from everything. Walking distance to Soi 6. The mototaxi team there is good and does not overcharge. The restaurant across from KTK is great!

The pool area is excellent and has plenty of sunlight. As the sun moves, you have the alternative of sitting in the shadow. The pool it self has sun most of the day. They serve good food. I had fried rice for breakfast by the pool most days. It was around 160TBH I think.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Some negatives:
- The rooms are much more worn that they appear on the pictures.
-  The curtains lets in a lot of light. If the light wake you up, forget about sleeping after 6 am. Never been so tired on a trip before!
- The beds are squeaky and on wheels. The move around during activities.
- House keeping are not very flexible. On several occasions, after I slept late, I asked them to clean the room as I went out. That was usually around 1 or 2 pm. When I got back around 5ish, they still had not cleaned the room.
- There are groups of Indian guys staying at the hotels. One of them had a room on ground floor facing the pool, and where drinking daytime with the doors open, being really loud. Sounded like it was 8 or 10 of them. The hotel staff asked them to keep it down, but every 15 min they would start again with their Punjabi music and dancing on the balcony and out toward the pool area.

Archived