Straw

Best places for Beaches ??

Straw

Never been to Vietnam before other than transit couple times. If I was only interested in beaches for a month and a few bars at night (girls not bothered) where would you guys suggest ??

Thanks

CyberPro

The group I was assigned to was headquartered in Nha Trang during the VN War (Vietnamese call it the American War). I thought at the time, what a great beach resort this would make after people got over the habit of shooting at each other. Now it is. There's even an aerial tramway going out to Hon Tre Island, where we went through a combat orientation course. 

Vung Tau and Danang are both worthy of consideration. The link below has numerous suggestions. 

Enjoy your trip. The Vietnamese are great people, friendly, hard-working, industrious, NOT adverse to charging a tourist whatever the market might bear but now you've been advised. ;)

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS720US720&ei=uq-cW639F5L90wKO8KjQBQ&q=Best+Vietnam+Beaches&oq=Best+Vietnam+Beaches&gs_l=psy-ab.3..35i39l2j0i67j0i20i264j0i67j0i131j0i67j0i131l2j0.104076.108093..108285...0.0..0.913.1704.6-2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i3.cM0tMXTfVTA

Czmate

Da Nang and Hoi An both worthy of a visit. Not right now though I think there’s a bit of wind about.

Straw

What does food and booze run to give or take ??  Sensible hotel options at the lower end. ??

Obviously Sterling/Dollar (for brits) affects wherever we go so its down to local "value for money".....am just looking at an alternative to Thailand to be honest as am not bothered about girls completely take it or leave it these days

jaynewcastle

Its so simple to check hotel prices by having a quick look at booking.com or other usual hotel booking websites

frenchmika

phu quoc have some nice beach

bfinkay

Nha Trang used to be good but the Chinese have fucked it up, some hidden gems around Quy Nhon but be prepared to get off the tourist routes

CyberPro
15 hours ago, bfinkay said:

Nha Trang used to be good but the Chinese have fucked it up, 

Already?!? *sigh* :unsure: