IGNORED

airbnb survey questions

westexpat2

I wanted to get some feedback if thats ok by and admin.

i am looking at renting 2-4 bedroom condo in the Walking Street area with the intention to airbnb the extra room(s). I have heard that its not really legal but talking with a couple of friends in the guesthouse industry it is possible if its not too in your face. the places im looking at have a relaxed policy on airbnb with a few already in the buildings and guests already coming and going. 

the questions i have are

would you be willing to use an airbnb shared setup with a private room and private bathroom with use of the kitchen and living room tv internet....?

what would be an amount you would be willing to pay per night?

within a 5 min walk to walking street

modern condo with pool and guest friendly.  

non smoking unless outdoor 

thanks for your feedback and suggestions and comments. have a good one

6 minutes ago, westexpat2 said:

would you be willing to use an airbnb shared setup with a private room and private bathroom with use of the kitchen and living room tv internet....?

No.

6 minutes ago, westexpat2 said:

I have heard that its not really legal but talking with a couple of friends in the guesthouse industry it is possible if its not too in your face.

Have a read through this thread for various opinions; your not the first to think along similar lines.

17 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

No.

Have a read through this thread for various opinions; your not the first to think along similar lines.

thanks for the feedback and reference

2 minutes ago, westexpat2 said:

thanks for the feedback and reference

Meant to say, might be better actually adding a poll rather than having to trawl through replies.

thanks, still new to the forum didnt realize that was an option to create a poll.

Not too late, you "should" be able to edit the original post and see a "Poll" tab above the main body text (I think it looks the same for you and I anyway :Dunno1:).

As has been pointed out this has been discussed before and many have tried it - I have no idea if anyone actually did it.

There are several levels to consider.

1. Would your landlord permit sub-letting. Some may well do but the majority will not and for good reason.

2. If you are thinking about using Airbnb itself I think you will find they run pretty stringent checks that you are the property owner and actually have the right to let a room out.

3. Getting into some real nitty gritty - and i KNOW few people do this but it IS the law! If you stay in Thailand for over 180 days (in a calendar year) you are required to submit a tax return. That does NOT mean you will get a tax bill but obviously you probably would if you declared correctly.

In point 3 i am really getting down to "fine points" but it is just one example of why other people rarely do this.

On the face of it an easier route would be to find a wingman just prepared to share your lease. The landlords would be happier with that for a start.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

1 hour ago, whitespider said:

As has been pointed out this has been discussed before and many have tried it - I have no idea if anyone actually did it.

There are several levels to consider.

1. Would your landlord permit sub-letting. Some may well do but the majority will not and for good reason.

2. If you are thinking about using Airbnb itself I think you will find they run pretty stringent checks that you are the property owner and actually have the right to let a room out.

3. Getting into some real nitty gritty - and i KNOW few people do this but it IS the law! If you stay in Thailand for over 180 days (in a calendar year) you are required to submit a tax return. That does NOT mean you will get a tax bill but obviously you probably would if you declared correctly.

In point 3 i am really getting down to "fine points" but it is just one example of why other people rarely do this.

On the face of it an easier route would be to find a wingman just prepared to share your lease. The landlords would be happier with that for a start.

thank you for the feedback and suggestions, those are good points to know.

Archived