Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Advice for 1st time doing mutiple holidays to Pattaya

flyingscotsman

Gents,

In years gone by I have visited Pattaya as a tourist and done mostly 1 holiday per year there for 21 or 28 days and always returning to the UK every trip.

Now I have been afforded the opportunity via my work to be able to do more than 1 holiday per year.

So my plan is to be spending my year working 6 x 28 day trips offshore, 3 x 28 day trips in the UK and 3 x 28 day trips in Pattaya over the winter

I will be flying in and out of either the the USA or Malaysia to Pattaya (depending where my work sends me)

So my questions are.......

1- Will I be ok just getting my 30 day stamp when I enter from either of the countries listed above as I will be leaving after 28 days to return to work or would I be better applying for a multi entry visa at the Thai Embassy in Glasgow?

2-Also if my office tells me I will have a slight delay in changing between rigs and I need to spend more than my 30 days in Pattaya do I just go and get an extension from the Thai office in Jomtien?

3- If that's the case is there a limit to how many times you can do this in a year ?

I shouldn't need to do the Jomtien visits as my office tells me I will be staying on a 28/28 day rotation, but just checking what the advice would be in case I need to.

Thanks in advance gents, all help or advice is greatly appreciated from you long term guys with more knowledge than me.

1. The over/under on getting multiple 30 day visa exempt entries per year seem to be around 5 or 6. That's when immigration might start to warn/harass you. There are no clear rules on how many times. It helps in your case, as you are not re-entering Thailand right after you leave. I wouldn't sweat this too much. Worst come to worst, you will have to get a tourist visa in the US/UK. 

2. Yes, you can get a 30 extension in jomtien on your 30 visa exempt entry. Quick and easy process imo. Take baht bus, walk a bit, you'll be there in 20 minutes. Turn around time (after you have filled in all your forms) is about 1 hour or so.  1900 baht extension fee. 

3. You can only extend a 30 day visa exempt entry once, but AFAIK there are no rules as to how many times you can do the 30+30 extension per year. 

4 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

Gents,

In years gone by I have visited Pattaya as a tourist and done mostly 1 holiday per year there for 21 or 28 days and always returning to the UK every trip.

Now I have been afforded the opportunity via my work to be able to do more than 1 holiday per year.

So my plan is to be spending my year working 6 x 28 day trips offshore, 3 x 28 day trips in the UK and 3 x 28 day trips in Pattaya over the winter

I will be flying in and out of either the the USA or Malaysia to Pattaya (depending where my work sends me)

So my questions are.......

1- Will I be ok just getting my 30 day stamp when I enter from either of the countries listed above as I will be leaving after 28 days to return to work or would I be better applying for a multi entry visa at the Thai Embassy in Glasgow?

2-Also if my office tells me I will have a slight delay in changing between rigs and I need to spend more than my 30 days in Pattaya do I just go and get an extension from the Thai office in Jomtien?

3- If that's the case is there a limit to how many times you can do this in a year ?

I shouldn't need to do the Jomtien visits as my office tells me I will be staying on a 28/28 day rotation, but just checking what the advice would be in case I need to.

Thanks in advance gents, all help or advice is greatly appreciated from you long term guys with more knowledge than me.

1)      Yes to Visa stam on arrival

2) Sounds like your overstay won’t be long so pay fine at airport 1 day over is free Fine is 500 a day so 2 days is 1000  only really  need extension if you know it more than 4 days.

3) In your case you will be fine.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Archived