IGNORED

HOOTERS. What’s the deal?

REAR_ENTRY

On 21/10/2020 at 19:04, TripleIPA said:

is it hard to understand that some people enjoy food that isn't low quality thai food and are willing to pay a premium for something different?   kinda like the walking vs Soi 6 debate 555, 

Depends on how "premium" is being defined here. Most of the menu is at a premium price for not premium taste.

• Like 5

Just now, Kickoff said:

Depends on how "premium" is being defined here. Most of the menu is at a premium price for not premium taste.

where in Patts is there significantly better American food for a cheaper price? If there is a great American style place please lmk, a taste of back home is always nice. 

Hooters isnt great all around but some menu items are very good.   To compare  I think Hooters burger is slightly more expensive than Prime Burger or Jim's burger and beers but Hooters has a beach road location and better looking wait staff.  not saying which is better, just that its not that unreasonable imo.  

Its funny how some people find Hooters too expensive but have paid  150baht(or more) for  fried rice or pat thai for their gf at a farang restaurant many times when the actual cost of the ingredients is less than 10 baht. 

8 hours ago, TripleIPA said:

where in Patts is there significantly better American food for a cheaper price? If there is a great American style place please lmk, a taste of back home is always nice.  

I think Tigglebitties qualifies for good American food at a cheaper price. It's fairly far out there from the center of town, though. On Soi Regional Land past Third road.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

On 21/10/2020 at 22:04, TripleIPA said:

is it hard to understand that some people enjoy food that isn't low quality thai food and are willing to pay a premium for something different?   kinda like the walking vs Soi 6 debate 555, 

Not at all. Completely understand that. I'll pay a premium in Thailand to eat quality American food on occasion. I just never considered Hooters to be quality American food. Don't much care for it in the States, and the 3-4 times I've tried it in Bangkok over the years, didn't much care for it there.

If somehow you see their food as quality, or having a taste you recognize and enjoy - I get that. For some reason I'm perfectly fine with McDonald's in Thailand, even though I clearly can recognize the difference in how the food tastes - I guess maybe it's the overall aestethic of the environment that makes me feel comfortable. 

I personally don't get that at Hooters.

3 hours ago, Syd Tybil said:

I think Tigglebitties qualifies for good American food at a cheaper price. It's fairly far out there from the center of town, though. On Soi Regional Land past Third road.

Going by my ageing memory, but I remember stumbling across a Food Stand Grill a short walk away from LK Metro (which ever way I was going I ended up getting temporarily lost), you could sit right at the stand, and they cooked up a burger and fries and it was great! Seems it was run by a Westerner and his Thai wife or gf... you just never know where you can find a good taste of Western food....

13 hours ago, TripleIPA said:

Hooters isnt great all around but some menu items are very good.   To compare  I think Hooters burger is slightly more expensive than Prime Burger or Jim's burger and beers but Hooters has a beach road location and better looking wait staff.  not saying which is better, just that its not that unreasonable imo.  

Its funny how some people find Hooters too expensive but have paid  150baht(or more) for  fried rice or pat thai for their gf at a farang restaurant many times when the actual cost of the ingredients is less than 10 baht. 

Of course tastes are subjective. But Hooters isn't even considered premium food in the US, and the quality & taste certainly didn't improve when opening a location overseas in Pattaya. Many people commenting in this very thread have mentioned how they don't eat at the Hooters in the US which includes myself.

If you're going to rant about someone paying 150 baht for fried rice when you're paying premium prices for not premium food at a Hooters...

You can try Tigglebitties. 

3 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

Going by my ageing memory, but I remember stumbling across a Food Stand Grill a short walk away from LK Metro (which ever way I was going I ended up getting temporarily lost), you could sit right at the stand, and they cooked up a burger and fries and it was great! Seems it was run by a Westerner and his Thai wife or gf... you just never know where you can find a good taste of Western food....

Was that Oz Burger? I grabbed quite a few burgers there in the past and usually enjoyed them.

As for Hooters, I googled "best American food in Pattaya" - Hooters comes up #1 on TripAdvisor.

Not a big fan myself, but I found that interesting.

On 22/07/2020 at 11:33, fforest said:

I am not sure what this means but only 2 Hooters are open...

Nana....Open

Soi 15...Open

Silom.....Closed I think...

Pattaya....Closed

Phuket...Closed

Koh Samui...Closed

Bangkok Soi 15 now closed Food is IMO mind you just average poor value they are closing all in US it seems

https://alternative-science.com/hooters-ceo-millennials-eating-much-ass-not-enough-wings/#:~:text=ATLANTA%2C GA – Hooters CEO Terrance,doors for good on Friday.&text=This news comes as a,women while consuming subpar food.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

54 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

I think that link is to a joke article

47 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Was that Oz Burger? I grabbed quite a few burgers there in the past and usually enjoyed them.

As for Hooters, I googled "best American food in Pattaya" - Hooters comes up #1 on TripAdvisor.

Not a big fan myself, but I found that interesting.

says more of the lack of quality American food in Patts than to how good Hooters is imo.  for example, even compared to another american chain in Thailand, i think Tony Romas in bkk is better although still not great.  

In other tourist spots bkk, CM, samui, Phuket i think you can find better "American" food than in patts.  

Tigglebitties delivers...

https://www.hotmeals2u.com/

If you hit Hooters 3-4PM you get a 50% food discount.....But dont forget there is a 10% service charge and a 7% tax on that plus your drink....

So with a 50% discount the prices are almost ok....Without the 50% discount its a very bad value.....

8 hours ago, Soi7 said:

I think your right about Hooters Soi 15 closing....

https://www.facebook.com/hootersbangkok/

Hooters Soi 15 last update was on October 3rd.....

So it's just Hooters Nana and Hooters Pattaya now....

14 hours ago, Soi7 said:

They certainly are struggling, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go out of business.

The closure of indoor dining in many areas (like SF) has hit them hard, as their "hook" is the hot waitresses. That said, although I rarely go to Hooters (maybe 5 times or less in my life), I have not seen many waitresses that I thought were that "hot." The last time I went was because my then-LLT in Pattaya was going to interview for a job at the Pattaya location, so I was hoping to get some tips from a waitress on the kind of crap they ask and the time before that was IN Pattaya with the LLT as she wanted to check it out! 555

Sorry for the digression - my point being, without in-restaurant dining, that "hook" immediately disappears. 

There are a number of chains that going bankrupt here in the USA duer to the pandemic, including:
 - Trudy's, which was a Mexican "staple" in Austin, Texas
 - Brio Tuscan Grille (I enjoyed it when I have eaten there) - declared bankruptcy & closed 1/2 their locations
 - Chucky Cheese (can't take the kids to go batshit crazy there these days) - in bankruptcy, but still going
 - California Pizza Kitchen - in bankruptcy and closing several locations
 - Denny's/Dunkin Donuts/IHOP - not going out of business or bankrupt, but all closing a ton of locations
 - Luby's Cafeteria and Fuddruckers - both being liquidated
 - Ruby Tuesday - staying in business, but fling for bankruptcy
 - Sizzler - staying in business, but fling for bankruptcy

Even McDonald's -- whose stock has been flying high (thank God I bought some a while back!) -- is closing about 200 locations here.

The toll that the pandemic has taken on the restaurant and bar industry int he USA just cannot be overstated.

15 hours ago, TripleIPA said:

says more of the lack of quality American food in Patts than to how good Hooters is imo.  for example, even compared to another american chain in Thailand, i think Tony Romas in bkk is better although still not great.  

In other tourist spots bkk, CM, samui, phuket i think you can find better "American" food than in patts.  

Absolutely correct on Tony Roma’s. I usually visit them in Terminal 21 in BKK once a trip.  

Another good place but very over priced is Benihanas.  I have been to the one in Pattaya several times and the one in Bangkok once.   It is good if you are craving Japanese American style.  And also want to treat a TGF.  

• 2 months later...

there is a gyro place thats like a food truck... in the LK Metro area.  

there's Hungry Hippos that serves Europeans, its also in LK Metro,  good prices, portions, and has a steady European customer base.

On 25/10/2020 at 09:46, TripleIPA said:

In other tourist spots bkk, CM, samui, phuket i think you can find better "American" food than in patts.  

American food covers a lot of countries and territories. Is there any specific country or region you are referring to? So. America? North America? Colombia?

Jack 

13 minutes ago, axunjaxn said:

American food covers a lot of countries and territories. Is there any specific country or region you are referring to? So. America? North America? Colombia?

Jack 

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=american+food+definition

On 24/10/2020 at 18:04, Syd Tybil said:

Tried Tigglebitties a couple times and was disappointed in the food.

Had chicken quesidillias and chicken parmigiana and didn't even finish either. Both were dry and quesidillias didn't even come with sour cream or guacamole. And parmigiana sauce was only bland pasta sauce on a piece of unbreaded chicken with some melted mozzarella on top

went to Hooters today and lucked out since i got there at 2:55. everyday its 50% off the whole food menu from 3-4pm. I got lunch and because of the price some wings for takeaway to eat tomorrow. 

Edited by TripleIPA

On 30/12/2020 at 22:32, cutter said:

Had chicken quesidillias and chicken parmigiana and didn't even finish either. Both were dry and quesidillias didn't even come with sour cream or guacamole. And parmigiana sauce was only bland pasta sauce on a piece of unbreaded chicken with some melted mozzarella on top

Same same Florida 10 years ago.   At least they’re consistent 

On 30/12/2020 at 06:32, cutter said:

You must have been unlucky.  Between 2011 and 2020,  I ate at Tigglebitties dozens of times and was never disappointed.  I must have tried every item on their menu, from breakfast through snacks, main dishes and daily specials to their Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.  I always found it to be tasty and good quality food at a reasonable price.

7 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Same same Florida 10 years ago.   At least they’re consistent 

Are you confusing Tigglebitties with Hooters? 

When Hooters first opened in Pattaya, I thought the food was good but expensive.  However, one year I got a truly horrible Christmas dinner and never ate there again.

On 11/09/2018 at 20:01, REAR_ENTRY said:

What’s the deal with the girls in this place? Are they bar fineable?

Some people are saying they are and some people are saying they aren’t

I realize the OP's question is more than two years old, but it keeps coming up again and again.  No, the waitresses at Hooters are NOT bar fineable, nor do they "freelance" with customers after hours.  But just like the waitresses at the Hard Rock Cafe, Horizon at the Hilton or McDonald's,  if a Hooters' waitress is attracted to a customer, she may be willing to meet him later.  In all these cases, the probability of walking into a restaurant and hooking up with a waitress for a paid sex session that night is as close to zero as you can get.

Anyone who says the waitresses at Hooters are bar fineable is very mistaken or is spreading deliberate disinformation.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg