IGNORED

Thai or BA from London 60 day ticket

PBear66

I will be booking a 60 day ticket return for next July getting a 30 day tourist visa on arrival.

Would it be advisable to book a cheap air asia flight out of the country after 30 days, in case the carrier refuses boarding due to the 60 day return?

Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

This is book the air asia flight before i leave UK as proof of onward travel within the 60 days.

In your first post you said will you will be buying a 60 day return ticket so why would you need a further Air Asia ticket.I assume you are going to Thailand for 60 days and then returning?.Apply to a Thai consulate in the Uk beforehand and arrive in Thailand with a tourist visa already in your passport and your 60 day return flight ticket.

Quite simple, i am in Northern Ireland and do not wish to send a passport in the post to London thanks.

Assuming i am not going down the 60 day route, is my suggestion ok?

Half a story

What are your actual plans for covering the other 30 days? (It a visa waiver, not a tourist Visa BTW)

If your going out of country & back for another visa exemption you'll have need of travel anyhow

If you are going for an extension at Immo then as above take all the pain out of it with a SETV from a UK Thai Consul

10 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

In your first post you said will you will be buying a 60 day return ticket so why would you need a further Air Asia ticket.

To negate potentially being refused boarding.

9 minutes ago, regyai said:

Half a story

What are your actual plans for covering the other 30 days? (It a visa waiver, not a tourist Visa BTW)

If your going out of country & back for another visa exemption you'll have need of travel anyhow

If you are going for an extension at Immo then as above take all the pain out of it with a SETV from a UK Thai Consul

Its not half a story. Its very simple as RU4real has had the wit to work out.

Can i take the risk of boarding in London with out proof of onward travel out of Thailand within 30 days.

My intention would be to get a 30 day extension in Jomtein.

Thank you for your help. So kind. Please do me a favour and don't reply to any questions i have in future.

Trust me, i will be doing likewise. 

Or you could book a flight that allows changes to the return leg, change your flight home once you have got your visa extension 

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

If you’re not near a Consulate in the meantime, I’d book something just in case.

They sometimes make a fuss at check-in, they sometimes don’t. You may be able to sweet talk them if they do. I wouldn’t take the risk.

Either a very cheap ticket or one that can be cancelled for full refund.  It could even be a bus or train ticket if you can show proof???

Someone even mentioned a site that does phantom bookings on here somewhere but can’t remember the details.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

19 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

Thank you for your help. So kind. Please do me a favour and don't reply to any questions i have in future.

Trust me, i will be doing likewise. 

Up 2 U

Mind my grief

If all this palaver and running around Jomtien when you should be enjoying yourself plus paying fees and fictitious airfares outweighs two prepaid Special Delivery pouches and a back n forth to a consul

go for it

As a side note if you do intend to return after 60 days be careful you have enough days with the 30 day visa exempt + 30 day extension

I recall being asked at the airport about exceeding a 30 day holiday - then had to show the check in person the visa i had pre-arranged.

I stayed last trip for seven weeks intending to go to Vietnam after 30 days but due to very bad weather in Saigon decided to go to jontiem and extend ,

wasnt asked at immigration on arrival in Thailand about staying over 30 days 

You need a visa, or a flight leaving within 30 days, without there is a very good chance you will not be allowed to fly

On 9/11/2018 at 13:04, PBear66 said:

Can i take the risk of boarding in London with out proof of onward travel out of Thailand within 30 days.

No....you'll be offloaded from flight. Several tales of that from Gatwick only last week

Tourist visa or proof of onward travel before expiry of any granted visa waiver or very real risk you'll not be boarding. Just send the passport special delivery to London or whatever the service is from your area

Archived