Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Copies of documents

klutztheduck

As a general rule do you guys keep passport and license in a safe and just carry a photo copy with you? Might be overkill but I bought a travel pouch to wear under my shirt to store something like a credit card, copy of license and passport. What do you guys do?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You just need a photocopy of your passport, which is primarily required for exchanging money

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

As a general rule do you guys keep passport and license in a safe and just carry a photo copy with you? Might be overkill but I bought a travel pouch to wear under my shirt to store something like a credit card, copy of license and passport. What do you guys do?

I carry:
Travel Insurance
Cash
Thai driving licence
A couple of cards

If no driving licence I'd carry a copy of my passport incl visa/stamp page

Do you have specific travel insurance you recommend? I thought I get it through my chase sapphire reserve card but not sure.

Do you have specific travel insurance you recommend? I thought I get it through my chase sapphire reserve card but not sure.

Depends where you are based, if US I'm not sure. The most important thing is to check the small print, lots of exclusions. Mine is £175 for 9 months to give you an idea incl £2m repatriation

2 hours ago, klutztheduck said:

You mean on a night out?

I carry my phone with pics of passport and a pic of my travel insurance. Not perfect but probably more prepared than 99% of everyone else.

I have a couple of pocket sized dry bags and I plan to have a copy of 1st page of Travel Policy document with numbers etc, copy of passport, and enough money for my planned activity in them.

Usually when mongering I'll carry a smartphone with me, for Google Maps if nothing else, but I'll be staying just off Soi Buakhao, all kinds of entertainment seems to be in easy reach, and looking at Maps and Street View online I think even I would struggle to get lost, so may not carry a phone.

I carry my phone with pics of passport and a pic of my travel insurance.

The problem with the insurance on the phone is if you are unconscious your phone is probably locked but even if not the hospital won't be rooting round your phone trying to find insurance. Fine if you're conscious

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

The problem with the insurance on the phone is if you are unconscious your phone is probably locked but even if not the hospital won't be rooting round your phone trying to find insurance. Fine if you're conscious

If you don't regain consciousness, aren't you in a coma? In that case, i think they would be looking through your phone.

I can't imagine they halt some life saving procedure to check your pockets for insurance details. When you're stable, then yes. 

I think i'll change the screensaver on my phone to my insurance certificate lol

I usually just carry Cash, ATM Card and a copy of my passport. oh and phone of course,  everything else is in the safe at hotel.

and a condom.   :P

If you don't regain consciousness, aren't you in a coma? In that case, i think they would be looking through your phone.
I can't imagine they halt some life saving procedure to check your pockets for insurance details. When you're stable, then yes. 
A bm's friend recently had a stroke didn't receive proper treatment from a stroke clinic because he was unconscious and couldn't pay, transferred to a public hospital...

On 9/9/2018 at 16:50, Scuba+ said:
On 9/9/2018 at 13:33, taylor1975 said:

A bm's friend recently had a stroke didn't receive proper treatment from a stroke clinic because he was unconscious and couldn't pay, transferred to a public hospital...

People on here praise the Thai health system, but its only any good if you have money, no money and they really couldnt give a shit about you!

• 4 months later...

To change money do you just need a copy of your passport or the visa page too?

If its both, wheres the best place to get these pages copied?

Thanks

i allways just only used my ID Card to Change Money or send a Girl to the Counter. Allways only had my ID Card with me, and had any copy of my passport.

I got stopped a couple times on the motorbike from the Police and allways had only my ID Card with me...

On 09/09/2018 at 11:22, klutztheduck said:

black and white copy of your passport is ok for changing money. if you want go over take copy of your visa stamp too ( just in case police ask never happen to me but never know ) passport is the most important document you have so i keep it always on safe. some motorbike rentals ask passport for pawn i would never ever give my passport away in anycase. out of topic but just came to my mind.. 

Its a good idea to get the photo page of your passport copied, reduced to credit card size and laminated 150 B or so. (forget exactly what I paid)

Kodak shop on soi Buakhow just south of the 7-11 on the corner of Buakhow and Soi Diana. 

Also get a photocopy of the immigration entry stamp in your passport and carry that as well.  

Pattaya Time Line - Corona Virus Situation - (Updated 17 June 2022)

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Its a good idea to get the photo page of your passport copied, reduced to credit card size and laminated 150 B or so. (forget exactly what I paid)
Kodak shop on soi Buakhow just south of the 7-11 on the corner of Buakhow and Soi Diana. 
Also get a photocopy of the immigration entry stamp in your passport and carry that as well.  

That shop also scans your immigration entry stamp and your TM6 departure card, and reduces those 2 images to go on the back of your passport photo page. So you have all 3 copies in one place, and all laminated and waterproofed the same size as a credit card. No extra charge.....150 THB all in. Very handy and easy to carry.

Archived