Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Siam Siam

klutztheduck

I'm staying here in November. I didn't realize how far away from everything it is. What's the best way to get to and from Walking Street and all the action, taxi, Uber? Is there a go to service you guys recommend or just walk out the hotel and find a taxi on the road.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The hotel is right next to soi 2, walk to the bottom of the soi to beach road and baht buses (10 baht fare) will take you in the general direction of the main action areas walking street etc, best thing to do is study a map of Pattaya, Pattaya is fairly easy to navigate to be honest!

Plenty motorbike taxis too but more expensive, dont thnk i`ve ever used a normal taxi in Pattaya (apart from going to the airport) i`ve never had the need.

Hell yeah thank you for the info. In October I'll be studying the map more. I downloaded an offline map of Pattaya I found online and only yesterday found this forum. Will be reading and trying to learn what's up from all of you here. Glad it will be easy to navigate and get to and from. Do the busses run all night long? I shouldn't have an issue getting back pissed drunk at 2am right?

Walk down to Beach Road. Hail one of the small blue trucks that has a cage-like thing built onto the back of it, known as a baht bus. Jump in the back, sit down and ride it until you get to the entrance of Walking Street. There will be several buzzers mounted on top of the cage. Press one of them and jump out. Walk to the passenger's side of the cab of the truck and hand the person a 10 baht coin through the window.

If you wish to make a stop before then, just press the buzzer and get out and pay the 10 baht. Beach Rd only travels in one direction, from your hotel towards Walking Street.

When it is time to return, go back to the entrance of Walking Street and turn right. You should see more baht busses waiting to take people in the opposite direction (towards your hotel) via Second Rd. Follow the same instructions and press the buzzer once you reach the soi that your hotel is on. Pay your 10 baht, or hopefully your 20 baht because you have a lady friend with you, and head to your hotel.

Do it once or twice and you will never have any issues.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, klutztheduck said:

Hell yeah thank you for the info. In October I'll be studying the map more. I downloaded an offline map of Pattaya I found online and only yesterday found this forum. Will be reading and trying to learn what's up from all of you here. Glad it will be easy to navigate and get to and from. Do the busses run all night long? I shouldn't have an issue getting back pissed drunk at 2am right?

Generally all night long although it quietens off in the early hours, it really is a 24 hour service though, and 2.00 am is a busy time.

Thanks for the info. I was in Costa Rica last year and after 2 or 3 it definitely quieted down but I was still only like 5-8min from my hotel so it never mattered. Great country, beautiful women, highly recommended. I am so stoked for Thailand though.

Thanks that really is easy. How often do you guys take out money and how much do u generally carry on you? Is 10000 baht an evening a good idea. I plan to have a new girl everyday. That might change if I really like one I guess but that's the general plan. Most days 2 girls morning/afternoon and evening. This is what I did in Costa Rica. Best way to sample the locals.

While these areas might not get discussed here much, it's really not that far away from action as Drinking Street and Soi 3 have beer bars and there are many more around that area of 2nd road.  Soi 6 is livelier and really isn't too far away.  

14 hours ago, klutztheduck said:

Thanks that really is easy. How often do you guys take out money and how much do u generally carry on you? Is 10000 baht an evening a good idea. I plan to have a new girl everyday. That might change if I really like one I guess but that's the general plan. Most days 2 girls morning/afternoon and evening. This is what I did in Costa Rica. Best way to sample the locals.

Yes 10,000 is fine, you might find some days you wont spend nowhere near that,  and other days you`ll go over, thats why i find it so hard to budget so i dont bother!

Overall is 3k a good enough budget for 3 weeks? I mean within reason? I know everyone is different and some people party like crazy and drink to excess but for a normal fellow who just wants to eat good food and bang chicks every night, take in the sights daily, scuba, how much would you guys estimate?

1 hour ago, klutztheduck said:

Overall is 3k a good enough budget for 3 weeks? I mean within reason? I know everyone is different and some people party like crazy and drink to excess but for a normal fellow who just wants to eat good food and bang chicks every night, take in the sights daily, scuba, how much would you guys estimate?

3k of what currency?

If you're talking USD, then your earlier reference to 10,000 for a "good night" would equate to around $300 USD per day.  Multiply that times 21 days, and you're not even half way there at 3,000.

If you're talking GB pound, it's closer to 225 for that good night.  Over a three week period at that level of spending , you are about 65% of the way there at 3k.

I have no idea what dive trips cost, but a private taxi to see sights isn't cheap (although it's also not overly expensive).  If you're hitting beer bars, Soi 6, Tinder, Thai Friendly and a place like Insomnia for a late night rendezvous, you can have multiple girls on that kind of budget.  If you're planning to hit Walking Street gogos, though, bar fines, the girls' "fees" and the inevitable LDs will run through a good chunk of money.  10,000 baht is more than enough for that, but not necessarily if it also has to cover an afternoon/early evening bang, dive trips and/or taxis (and admission) to various sights.

It also is heavily dependent upon what you consider "eat[ing] good food."  To some, that means tasty Pad Thai from a street cart; to others, it means a nice steak at a place like Steak & Co, Patrick's or Beefeater.

BTW, if you are in the USA, I would urge you to get open a Schwab High Yield Investor Checking account and get the ATM card that comes with it.  No foreign transaction fees and they refund all ATM fees charged by the Thai banks.  Plenty of time to fund the account and get the card before November, and it is MUCH easier to carry that and hit the ATM if/when necessary.  Also nice to have a back-up if (when?) you bust the shit out of your budget (which I invariably find a way to do!)

Thanks again for the advice. I am in the US. I already have the schwab account. Specifically got it 2 years ago when I began mongering abroad. So far I've transferred 2k (usd) into it for my November trip and have 1k cash I was going to bring. Maybe I should budget 5k for this trip then lol. Airplane and hotel are already paid for so everything else is food, excursions and women. Super excited.

• 2 months later...

How was your trip?  I am looking at Siam@Siam right now and want see how you found it for bringing back girls, etc.

15 hours ago, CanadaMatt said:

How was your trip?  I am looking at Siam@Siam right now and want see how you found it for bringing back girls, etc.

Siam Siam is great

No problems with the girls ...a nice pool area....nice to  chill at  the rooftop  bar  with Cocktails before heading into town ...Very popular with the Chinese and Japanese....you don’t actually feel you are in Pattaya ....it’s quite upmarket and trendy .....rooms are not big...

Thanks for the update.  I was looking at it seriously, but then opted for something a bit cheaper with a few more benefits, i.e. washing machine lol.

Archived